Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
LOLMisc.WTF

Seasonal Gym Goer's......5266

Mark3693 private msg quote post Address this user
"First day of September means first day of spring means running/working out every day from here on in." -Females status on my FB today.

Anyone else feel like punching seasonal gym goers in the face or is this just a personal feeling of mine? cant put my finger on it but they grind my fucking gears, saw one today doing cable flies via holding the actual cables......!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Thor private msg quote post Address this user
They're never anywhere to be seen at 5:00am on a freezing winters morning at the gym.
Post 2 IP   flag post
AustralianOak private msg quote post Address this user
I dont know how they stand not having a good diet or training for a whole 3 or 4 months. Like after a week of eating and training right i just wanna smash the gym haha

-AA
Post 3 IP   flag post
BaiTu private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor
They're never anywhere to be seen at 5:00am on a freezing winters morning at the gym.

I need a gym I can go to at 5 am.

Seriously, you should be so into your own workout that you don't notice the other people.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Anef06 private msg quote post Address this user
Um...I go to the gym 5.30am in the morning to improve myself. Don't really care if people are seasonal/casual/one-off's or more disciplined. I'm pretty focused with my time in there that I zone out anyway.

I think the fact people turn up and are trying to better themselves is a good thing. The only progress they hinder by not coming more often or only in warmer weather is theirs. It has no effect on how I look or my health so why care. Maybe they use equipment or perform exercises wrong because they don't know any better.

I'm all for anyone at any time attempting to regain their health and fitness levels, even if it isn't the way I would go about it. But that's just me.
Post 5 IP   flag post
cassious private msg quote post Address this user
one day theyll learn, and then build that habit!
Post 6 IP   flag post
tarotale private msg quote post Address this user
just like augoak said, i can't understand people who eat like shit and doesn't find sculpting their bodies and pumping iron purely awesome. oh and btw, one season when you know gym will be crowded is during new years, then as couple weeks pass by, the new year resolutioners dissipate from gym. bunch of lazy fat assholes ha
Post 7 IP   flag post
Cannonball private msg quote post Address this user
the only part of it that bugs me is that they're wasting my time

"AW CANNONBALL, I'M GONNA GET IN SHAPE NOW, GONNA CHASE U IN THE GYM KNOW WHAT IM SAYIN BRAH!? SO LETS WORK OUT TOGETHER. [YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO SHOW ME EVERYTHING AND IM GONNA HAVE TO GO SLOW IN THE START] or [IM GONNA WORK OUT TWICE A DAY ON THIS SUPER HYPER BODYBUILDING CROSSFIT SUPER STRENGTH PROGRAM AND RUN 50 MILES A WEEK]

and one week later, they're not heard from again until 12 months later, when the process repeats
Post 8 IP   flag post
igg private msg quote post Address this user
spring? September is autumn
Post 9 IP   flag post
Dragonian private msg quote post Address this user
I train at a hardcore oldschool bodybuilding gym so all the seasonal go'ers go to the mainstream crap luckily for me
Post 10 IP   flag post
cardinal private msg quote post Address this user
My university gym is unbelievably bad for this. An absolute shed load of people sign up in the first few weeks, you know because they all want to get ripped/ lose weight/ try and improve their lives for about 2 weeks. Unless I go at around 7 or 8am (gym sucks and wont open earlier) or late at night from 8pm onwards the first two months always suck. You'd be surprised how many people need an olympic bar/ flat bench for their entire session with 5 minutes rest per set. Last year I spent the first 4 weeks basically doing deadlifts in the far corner of the gym because the area around the squat racks/ weight mats were always full.

Got told by a member of staff to move eventually because I was blocking the fire escape which apparently broke safety regulation. I kindly pointed out though that because the gym is so oversubscribed during the first few months, were a fire to break out there's only one fire exit for about 200 people anyway so even if I were to move, good luck getting everyone through the one door. He eventually left me alone.

I have nothing but respect for people who want to turn their life around but I've got zero time for parttimers. A girl who lived opposite first year bought a years gym membership. She went three time. Why even kid yourself?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Wbauman private msg quote post Address this user
5 am here too. I'm on the way out by the time the others are coming in.
Post 12 IP   flag post
ilifthard private msg quote post Address this user
Seasonal gym goers are the people who think they can add some muscles in 1 week.

Post 13 IP   flag post
david12345676 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonian
I train at a hardcore oldschool bodybuilding gym so all the seasonal go'ers go to the mainstream crap luckily for me

ahh you lucky bastard!!!

i wish there was a hardcore bbing gym around me..
Post 14 IP   flag post
340762 14 14
destitute