Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
PHATTraining Programs

newbie here and confused on PHAT5223

KD310 private msg quote post Address this user
hey whats up guys ive been reading through your guys threads a lot for the past months and i have to admit i like your guys attitudes, knowledge, and respect you show on here im very interested in the PHAT training and ive read layne nortons article but theres one segment in the article that confuses me idk if im supposed to a whole other work out on top of the speed days or am i reading it wrong? its the segment titled "more important notes" if you guys could help id greatly appreciate it
Post 1 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
Only the first exercise of day 4,5,6 is speed work. Once you have done that speed work, complete the rest of the days training as laid out. IE: first exercise is speed work, the rest are normal hypertrophy, bodybuilding style.

Make sense?

Here's an example. Day 4 looks like this. The highlighted exercise is the speed work for the day, then you must do the rest of the exercises listed for that day right afterwards (same gym session)

Day 4: Back and Shoulders Hypertrophy Day
Pulling Power Exercise speed work: Bent over or Pendlay rows
6 sets of 3 reps with 65-70% of normal 3-5 rep max

Hypertrophy pulling movement: Rack chins
3 sets of 8-12 reps
Hypertrophy pulling movement: Seated cable row
3 sets of 8-12 reps
Hypertrophy pulling movement: Dumbbell rows or shrugs bracing upper body against an incline bench
2 sets of 12-15 reps
Hypertrophy pulling movement: Close grip pulldowns
2 sets of 15-20 reps
Hypertrophy shoulder movement: Seated dumbbell presses
3 sets of 8-12 reps
Hypertrophy shoulder movement: Upright rows
2 sets of 12-15 reps
Hypertrophy shoulder movement: Side lateral raises with dumbbells or cables
3 sets of 12-20 reps
Post 2 IP   flag post
KD310 private msg quote post Address this user
thanks man apprecitate it idk if its cause im working nights that my brain is mush or what but appreciate the time glad to finally be apart of this forum.
Post 3 IP   flag post
340733 3 3
destitute