Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
David_123 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys, I've been going to the gym for about 6 months now and my back, shoulders, arms seem to gaining nicely, but my chest isnt really getting bigger, I mix up my chest workout as much as I can to shock it, it's always sore the next day/days after. Do you guys have any advice on this subject, cheers.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Massthetics private msg quote post Address this user
google time under tension

and whats your chest routine and split?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Azzdog18 private msg quote post Address this user
Could try pre-fatiguing possibly.

Another good way to really target your chest I believe is to purely focus on the lower half portion of any pressing movement as that is when your chest is working the hardest. The upper portion of a pressing movement targets the anterior deltiods and triceps a lot more
Post 3 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Stop changing your routine. You aren't going to "shock" your way into gains. Neurological adaptation for maximum fiber recruitment takes some 8-10 weeks. Each week you do the same routine, you recruit more fibers due to greater neurological adaptation. Each week you change it, you "reset" so to speak. Stay consistent and heavy. Make sure you're eating enough. Grow. -3X
Post 4 IP   flag post
Well ATM when I do chest I do mix it up, but it's mostly the same excerciers in a diffrent order, but I always put my compound excerciers first. So how do you guys think I should do the same workout for "how may weeks"? And when I do change it do I do it totally diffrent or just a few excerciers? Cheers
Post 5 IP   flag post
Azzdog18 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Stop changing your routine. You aren't going to "shock" your way into gains. Neurological adaptation for maximum fiber recruitment takes some 8-10 weeks. Each week you do the same routine, you recruit more fibers due to greater neurological adaptation. Each week you change it, you "reset" so to speak. Stay consistent and heavy. Make sure you're eating enough. Grow. -3X

Man, you know your shit EK...just listen to him and you'll be all good David haha
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks every1 for the advice, also researched time under tension, thats a interesting subject, mass have you tried it? Seen any improvement when using it?
Post 7 IP   flag post
eknight says make sure your eating right, which is great advice and all, but if your seeing gains everywhere except your chest, then your nutrition is fine, its just your training that needs a little bit of tweaking, but you look good anyway man, really lean so gjdm!

just think about think about this when it comes to training... rest in between sets and TUT.

your body will recover itself roughly 70% by 90 secs and fully recover without any extended rest after about 3 mins.

so to maximise growth, 10 - 12 reps with 60 - 90 secs rest is the best template to start off with. cos you wanna start training just before you atp systems are fuly recovered.

but to maximise chest involvement, the more you flare your elbows out during a press, the more you recruit your chest fibres rather that your deltoids or triceps.

and just chucking in an isolation move like cables or flyes wouldnt hurt either. just to finally burn it out and finish on a pump and engorge your muscles with nutruients. rule of thumb from arnie...always finish on a pump!

training like this gives me doms for at least five to six days!

hope this healps david haha
Post 8 IP   flag post
Zyzzst private msg quote post Address this user
And DOMS means absolutely nothing to muscle growth....good advice bro haha
Post 9 IP   flag post
And according to your pics it doesnt look like your chest is lagging behind your arms, they are both lagging so keep eating and growing
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Zyzzst jelly cos you dont get them buddy and i never said they did, but it is a GOOD indicator of growth but not a direct one. getting stronger is a direct indicator of growth.
Post 11 IP   flag post
i was just giving you my opinion. You look fine and nothing looks lagging, just keep growing everything...im not "jelly" if anything i'd be mirin' but im definitely not doin that either you cheeky kent
Post 12 IP   flag post
oh shit i thought you were the guy who made the post....oh wellllllll....
Post 13 IP   flag post
yeh i was tripping haha
Post 14 IP   flag post
Lol^^^ zyyzst i know im not big and looks like I'm lagging haha that's why I go to the gym and This site to get advice im only really a beginer, mass good advice man, aprechate it, here's my excerciers that I started today...
Bench 40kg 16 reps
60kg 12
80kg 8
80kg 8
Incline dbll press
30kg 10
30kg 8
30kg 8
32kg 7 failur
Dips using 2 benches
100kg 8
60kg 16
" "
" "
Super set skull crushers, close grip bench with ezs bar
30kg 8 reps + 8 reps
""
""
""
Anything you would change or do diffrent?? Cheers
Post 15 IP   flag post
Honestly i do a split like this

Chest and bis, then back and tris, then legs, then shoulders traps and i repeat after that. Since you posted your chest routine i will too.

I do Barbell bench for 4 sets and go up to 255 for like 8 reps, i then go to incline dumbbell presses where i go up to the 105's and do around 10-12, I then do incline hammer strength presses and then 4-6 sets of cable flies. My chest is my best aspect of my body and this routine has always worked good for me. The more workload for me the better.
Post 16 IP   flag post
340737 16 16
destitute