Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
LOLMisc.SimplyShredded.com

What Brought You To SS!?5009

NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Simple Question! Do you remember what originally brought you to SS!? A friend, random google search?

For me, I was looking for motivation and happened to fall across an interview on the site. I continued to read a few more Interviews, saw the forum link. Then BAM, saw some of the posts from certain guys, and I was hooked!

So, what brought YOU To SS?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jelet private msg quote post Address this user
A zyzz video.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Flippo4 private msg quote post Address this user
Ha I wanted to make a post like this yesterday! I was looking up stuff about nutrition and stumbled upon Adam chareltons page and was like damn I wanna look like that! This site is what got me interested in getting the best physique I can possibly get and more importantly educated me about proper nutrition!
Post 3 IP   flag post
MrMailliw private msg quote post Address this user
Random Google search about cutting, found that deadline diet article and then didn't stop reading articles after that.

Then made my way onto the forums because it looked quite small and friendly but full of great info
Places like BB.com scare me because there are so many people and often questions just get shot down.
Post 4 IP   flag post
stahmz private msg quote post Address this user
I was pretty much just searching for information on lifting and nutrition and came across some articles on here. When I checked out the forums, everyone seemed pretty chill and like you all knew your stuff a lot better than me, so I decided to join.
Post 5 IP   flag post
lift4life private msg quote post Address this user
originally it was a bit of zyzz but also the fact that people on the other bodybuilding forum (bodybuilding.com) just go on there for fun and troll the shitt out of everyone so i thought fuk itt this shit is gay and eventually came across simply shredded no regrets great people grrat advice especially ek and dwatson and of course u @NorIda
Post 6 IP   flag post
eventheodds1 private msg quote post Address this user
Josef Rakich's bodyspace had this website on it (Yes, I was mirin). So I looked at it and read few things. I liked it.

Never really was in the forums. Joined to ask just one question and found out how great the folks in it really are. Therefore, I am still here.
Post 7 IP   flag post
skullay private msg quote post Address this user
Dwatson posted a thread like this when I first joined the boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "skullay on March 29th, 2012"
A few years back my friend had me doing this routine where we did 10 sets of 10 and I was searching around on the internet about a month ago trying to figure out what it was.

One of the links led me to SS. Then I checked out the forum tab. You guys seemed to have a lot of good knowledge so I signed up.

Hoping to become a staple around here.
Post 8 IP   flag post
AarronStenner private msg quote post Address this user
Through naturalgraham on bb.com; then kept reading and eventually signed to the forum !
Post 9 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
This chick told me about this sight. Came here and basically read every article. Then after I checked the entire sight I noticed the forum button and it was like loosing my virginity all over again.
Post 10 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
A random thread on how much you can bench. Got a little hate from it, too. The boards have never been the same! -3X
Post 11 IP   flag post
Haha! @Ek, Benching Contest? Go!

@Roar, Can I have that chicks number? She's gotta be cool if she's checking out SS!

@eventheodds1 Idk who that dude is... But glad you're stickin' around! Lol.

@skullay Dang! Dwat beat me to it! And I thought it was an original question! haha Did you ever do GVT?! aka 10x10

@lift4life I agree BB.com is all about trollin and no information seems to be spread around. Nothin like the solid group of guys we have here!

@Jelet zzzzzyzzz video? Did you sleep through it? =P

@stahmz Me too, I lurked forever before joining tho!

@Flippo4 You should've made the thread man! haha. I was layin in bed last night and fell asleep thinking about a new thread.. haha
Post 12 IP   flag post
dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
@eventheodds1 not impressed by this kid especially since he sells 'the perfect ab routine', i actually emailed him asking WTF?

@eknight Oh Lawd, i remember this day.. I was a hater then!

@skullay kinda confused here.. lol but yes i ran GVT with @MyOwnEntity. neither of us liked it and soon went back to PHAT.

I had a guy from work link a fat loss article to my dad. He sent it to me and i read a bunch of the articles. Wasn't really into body building much then. like 6 months later i started reading up again on some stuff and started gettin back into it. I usually was on for 3-4 off for 1-2 repeat. Well i found the forum tab and it is the ONLY one my work didn't block. So i lurked a few hours and signed up. Never thought i'd be where im at today regarding SS, but everything happens for a reason. Now i've met a BUNCH of great guys and great friends that i communicate outside of SS i would have never met.

My first POST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwatson
Best way to get great abs is lowering your body fat percentage! And eating right!! Good luck

I remember being somewhat nervous to post and hoping i sounded smart.. Bahaha
Post 13 IP   flag post
Haha, thats an epic first post!
Post 14 IP   flag post
@dwatson
Haha how do you remember your first post?!
Post 15 IP   flag post
@Dwat. Yea back when u didnt know shit every thing the ripped guy says sounds legit haha. Well I am glad I found this site cuz of him.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMailliw
@dwatson

I remember my first post!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
@dwatson

lol i just remember it, i have weird memories man. My fiance' tells me all the time how do you rememmber stuff like that haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventheodds1
@Dwat. Yea back when u didnt know shit every thing the ripped guy says sounds legit haha. Well I am glad I found this site cuz of him.

Agreed, i feel into a lot of broscience from those articles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda
Quote:
@dwatson

I remember my first post!

Prove it!
Post 18 IP   flag post
@dwatson
Just checked your profile, have you really only been a member since November 28 2011?
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:

SS Cunts! I've been stalking the Forum for months and have finally decided to partake in all the awesomeness that goes on here.

Just wanted to Shout out to everyone, Keep up the good work and helpin' everyone out. Lovin' most of the stuff I read!

Cant' get it in quotes. but that be it!
Post 20 IP   flag post
westmj1 private msg quote post Address this user
a kid on facebook linked an article about caffeine then read multiple articles on the site. the reason i got into the forum was because i wanted to thumbs up some comments on a thread about weed and then after that i posted here and there. Now, i am mostly a lurker.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
@dwatson
Just checked your profile, have you really only been a member since November 28 2011?

Yeah why?

It was right after the hunting season. I usually hit it hard until the hunting season, then take 2 months off and then back on (Like i said above haha) But it will be different this year of course.

When i took those 1.5 months off i got down to 158lbs.. i weighed the December 3rd last year.
Post 22 IP   flag post
@NorIda BOOM. Fixed it.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
@NorIda BOOM. Fixed it.

You da man, man!
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
@NorIda BOOM. Fixed it.

You da man, man!

Not a truer comment was said this day.
Post 25 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
My first post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
@ 143 pounds- 420 bench
@ 132 pounds- 370 bench.

With a pause- none of that "touch and go" bouncit off my chest garbage! -EK

Which brought the following replies:

"Say what?"
"POIDH, my friend."
"Wow, I hadn't even checked his stats. Yeah...post a video up"
"BS or else your a 4'1" power lifting midget"
"EK

stats: 5'3 - battle dwarf

physique: no comment"

Such love... -3X
Post 26 IP   flag post
Hahaha @Ek, Gotta love stirring up the pot!
Post 27 IP   flag post
@eknight He was hated for like the next 3 months haha
Post 28 IP   flag post
@ek lol I laughed at this one "4'1 Power Lifting Midget"
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
5'3 - battle dwarf

My favorite part