Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
OvertrainingPHATSplit AdviceTraining Programs

How often do you have deload?4959

Jusu private msg quote post Address this user
I've been doing PHAT now for 5½ weeks and I'm thinking that should I have deload. Doing those hypertrophy days with 60% of normal weights.

And what are your thoughts on overtraining, does it exist or is it just eating wrong?
Post 1 IP   flag post
dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
I deloaded on weeek 13?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Over-training? Whats that?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Post 4 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
I think He means OutWork. And thats a real thing. Its when you Kick Ass, and Take Names. Set Pr's, and make nay sayers Mirin'
Post 5 IP   flag post
Double Boom.

Post 6 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
/thread
Post 7 IP   flag post
Amy0582 private msg quote post Address this user
I not only agree with that quote above but also would say look at one of those people above out busting their asses to get it done while you sit on yours and then say you're burnt out.
I personally have seen special needs people do above and beyond what people thought they would ever be capable of. I have seen children dying of cancer with no family entertaining other people and smiling just because they are alive. I have seen people with no legs walk, run and ride horseback. If they can do it, what's your excuse for not pushing yourself beyond what anyone might think you are capable of?
Overtraining, however, can lead to injury and, in the end, less training. So listen to your body in that respect.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Okay so I just up calories and keep liftin hard. The thing was that I wasn't gaining anything. My lifts and bodyweight have been the same for 3 weeks now and I was thinking that should I deload or add calories. My coaching starts 27 August and I was also thinking that should I deload before trainees program... But maybe it's that there's no such a thing as overtraining, only undereating
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thor private msg quote post Address this user
Layne focuses on a pretty narrow view of overtraining. It's important to consider tendons, joints etc too.
Post 10 IP   flag post
cassious private msg quote post Address this user
Jusu take it easy till your coaching starts, Is your coach very experienced? or even do weights at maintenance and slap in a some cardio and up the calories till coaching starts maybe?
Post 11 IP   flag post
then see what coach says to do.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Okay, I got email couple minutes ago and there the coach said that I need to keep 3 resting days (today was the first) then 1 full body workout and then 3 resting days more. No need to reduce food intake except post workout shakes of course.

Going to start thread next week whenever I get my meal plan and routine.

@cassious He's experienced, one of the best coaches in Finland. I'm so excited!
Post 13 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
overtraining is real..
Post 14 IP   flag post
Good luck bro! keep us posted!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Amy0582 private msg quote post Address this user
Seriously, if your coach is telling you to rest, do it. I take one rest day a week but have been told I need more.
Post 16 IP   flag post
340630 16 16
destitute