Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
ArmsBicepsPHATTraining Programs

Let's get some consensus - Biceps4925

Striation private msg quote post Address this user
Hey all,

been pretty inactive on this forum the last few months, just lurking in the background

Been on PHAT for the last 4 months and have seen some pretty decent gains, looking better than ever...i hope

The one thing im really lagging in is my Bi's, in particular i'm pretty dissapointed in their 'thickness' or the size of the outer head. So i was hoping for some advice from the more knowledgable members.

1. Biceps, is it possible to emphasise work on one head in particular (in my case the outer) or the whole muscle simply works in unison, any gains to a particular side are genetic?

2. If the answer is yes, best exercises to work the outer head if any.

The reason why i post this is the 'broscience' available on the topic is astounding and i would like to see if we can come to a consensus.

Go hard men. TY
Post 1 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
genetics brah
Post 2 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
No more of this nonsense. Doesn't anyone use the search function?? The biceps is one muscle with one point of insertion and one nerve supplying it with electric impulses. It either contracts as a whole or not at all. -3X
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thor private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know how long you've been training, but I found biceps really started to take shape after a year or so.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Striation private msg quote post Address this user
Simple and sweet, thankyou

Yeah Thor hoping thats the case, just about a year seriously so we'll wait and see i guess

EK, hence this post, so many different ideas floating round on this topic, now summed up for many newbies to come
Post 5 IP   flag post
Maarten private msg quote post Address this user
pullups do wonders, more than curling.
Post 6 IP   flag post
340762 6 6
destitute