Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
ChestSplit Advice

chest twice a week.4780

bullet private msg quote post Address this user
my chest sort of lags and i spent awile doing ridicules works involving almost every shock technique possible. dont hate i was just testing things out haha but it seems thats led to simptems over an over trained muscle i read afew articals about training a shorter amount of time but doing the same amount of work so much less rest so from 60mins to 30mins and vince gironda liked this theory and spoke of it ( sprinters have much more conditioned muscle mass then endurance runners) so i thought i might give that ago? im planning on doing an 8X8 set up with 2/3 excercises and having different excercises on each day. thoughts? tips? expirience's?
Post 1 IP   flag post
nastybeast private msg quote post Address this user
my chest doesnt simply budge on a once a week spilt. i was rather frustrated too. tried every single method to shock things up perhaps it hit a plateau but it doesnt work. so i started hitting it intensely twice a week. once for strength once for hypertrophy. its been one month and i already seen massive gains.
Post 2 IP   flag post
DavidP94 private msg quote post Address this user
Eat.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Cannonball private msg quote post Address this user
two days a week is prolly the best for max results when it comes to chest
Post 4 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
I agree - 2 days a week for chest (and for all muscles IMO)
Post 5 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Twice a week shouldn't be limited to just chest. If you're working it twice a week, you should be working everything twice a week, especially it's antagonists, or you increase the risk of forward shoulder rotation or other injuries (ie, rotator cuff). Remember- your muscles and joints don't care how they or you look: their purpose is functionality. Even if you don't see an immediate impact on the muscles, doesn't mean the joints under them aren't being stressed in a suboptimal way. -3X
Post 6 IP   flag post
Cannonball private msg quote post Address this user
That is very true
Post 7 IP   flag post
yes i always make sure i warm up and do some rotator cuff exercise's before every upper body session. and yes i eat alot fairly strict. but yes thanks for the tips much appreciated. would anyone mind giving me a could day split? iv struggled abit due to body parts clashing and that sort of thing
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nastybeast
my chest doesnt simply budge on a once a week spilt. i was rather frustrated too. tried every single method to shock things up perhaps it hit a plateau but it doesnt work. so i started hitting it intensely twice a week. once for strength once for hypertrophy. its been one month and i already seen massive gains.

would you mind telling me your weekly split for that?
Post 9 IP   flag post
AustralianOak private msg quote post Address this user
I read in the op that your considering doing sprints man!! I cannot promote them enough, i love them to death:

http://www.simplyshredded.com/crank-it-up-sprinting-towards-single-digit-body-fat-percentages-with-high-intensity-training.html

Have a read of that. Also on your question of hitting chest twice a week - it is my opinion that if your split is set up correctly twice a week for a muscle is generally better.

Good lUck brother!!!
-AA
Post 10 IP   flag post
WinnersNeverQuit private msg quote post Address this user
as everyone has mentioned just make sure your hitting every muscle equally, and with regardss to the 8x8 routine i would deffinately recommend it i've ran it for my whole body and made good gains on it, the only thing i would say is that it is both mentally and physically exhausting, because the amount of pain that you get from really pushing yourself on this routine, you'll need your mind to be 100% focused on this as from about the 5th set of the first exercise right up until after the 8th set of the 3rd exercise you'll feel like giving up, so before you do this, just make sure that you can keep up mentally with this routine as their is basically minimal rest.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustralianOak
I read in the op that your considering doing sprints man!! I cannot promote them enough, i love them to death:

http://www.simplyshredded.com/crank-it-up-sprinting-towards-single-digit-body-fat-percentages-with-high-intensity-training.html

Have a read of that. Also on your question of hitting chest twice a week - it is my opinion that if your split is set up correctly twice a week for a muscle is generally better.

Good lUck brother!!!
-AA

ok sweet, but what exactly does sprints have to do with chest?
Post 12 IP   flag post
AustralianOak private msg quote post Address this user
it ( sprinters have much more conditioned muscle mass then endurance runners) so i thought i might give that ago?

I thought that meant you wanted some sprint info bro. But yeah i would hit chest twice a week if possible for sure.

-AA
Post 13 IP   flag post
nastybeast private msg quote post Address this user
Power Day
Flat dumbbell presses
3 sets of 3-5 reps
Weighted dips
2 sets of 6-10 reps
Incline bench presses
3 sets 6-10 reps

Hypertrophy Day
Flat dumbbell presses
6 sets of 3 reps with 65-70% of normal 3-5 rep max
Incline dumbbell presses
3 sets of 8-12 reps
Hammer strength chest press
3 sets of 12-15 reps

this is what i did. Just an extract from the PHAT workout basically. Hope i helped
Post 14 IP   flag post
340630 14 14
destitute