Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CardioHIITPHAT

Any Sprinters Up in Here!!!!!4764

AustralianOak private msg quote post Address this user
Heyy SS madcunts, i have been completing a modified phat routine (4days a week) coupled with the sprinting program here on this website. I have enjoyed the sprinting so much more then i thought i would and dare i say it - look forward to it as much as gym!!!

So my question is does anyone here know anything about a sprinters gym program, diet, sprinting program etc. Any links or information would be good.

Im not neccesarily going to do them i just find it all interesting and would like to gain knowledge on these athletes.

Cheers Matess!!!

-AA
Post 1 IP   flag post
sexpanther private msg quote post Address this user
r u doing the program with weight training and sprinting in the same day for 4 days a week? just curious to see your routine
Post 2 IP   flag post
correra911 private msg quote post Address this user
would you mind posting a link to that sprinting routine you referred to? looking for one myself. thanks.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Yeah brah thats the one:

http://www.simplyshredded.com/crank-it-up-sprinting-towards-single-digit-body-fat-percentages-with-high-intensity-training.html

Its 2 days of sprints and 4 days of working out.

-AA
Post 4 IP   flag post
Oh and is anyone aware of any supplementation that takes place in regards to sprinters?

-AA
Post 5 IP   flag post
Swayz87 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustralianOak
Oh and is anyone aware of any supplementation that takes place in regards to sprinters?

-AA

They dont need anything Special...

they take the same ish we do...

I would say for the most part sprinters do alot of sprint work drills. They run alot of weighted up hill runs. They practice good form so like high knees all the time....But ya Sprint routine will WRECK your legs!! SOOOOO GOOD!
Post 6 IP   flag post
stahmz private msg quote post Address this user
I run 5-7 days a week since I compete in track during the winter and spring. Right now I'm just working on longer endurance stuff, but once September hits, I'm going to switch it up to doing 400m specific workouts. Lots of fast 200s, 400s, and 600s. Also, plenty of hill work and mixing in some plyo.

Lifting wise, I'm currently on a modified PHAT routine five days a week to build my strength up while I can. Once I switch to a different running routine in September, I'm going to cut down my lifting and focus on the big compound lifts, probably four days a week.

And as @Swayz87 said, supplementation is the same. I use whey protein, fish oil, and a multi-vitamin. From what I know there's nothing geared strictly toward sprinting.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Also, this is a good link which I'm using for my 400m stuff: clickable text.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@stahmz52 Thanks heaps brah, good to have an insight from a runner man. Just wondering why are you on a modified PHAT routine instead of just pure strength or power??

-AA
Post 9 IP   flag post
Well I just started lifting again recently after not really lifting for a year (lazy me) and I liked how PHAT was setup and wanted to give it a go. Plus I figured I would only be on it for about a month or two before I switch. I don't know if those are good reasons, hah.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Fair Enough Bro, its just i have read that sprinters do more functional strength and power stuff. I could be wrong but thanks for the input!!!

-AA
Post 11 IP   flag post
It all depends on which sprinting event and your body, and also what time it is during the year. But I'll be switching to the strength and power once I switch running routines. I don't want to completely crush myself too early.
Post 12 IP   flag post
cardinal private msg quote post Address this user
Lower back is stiff as hell from deadlifts yesterday so no track bike for me today. Because of that, I'm going to try the sprint program AustralianOak posted up. So yeah, consider me IN!!!
Post 13 IP   flag post
@cardinal you should enjoy it bro, its fun as fuark!!!. My three days of weight training are different though.

First Day is Upper Body Strength
Second Day is lower body strength
Third Day is whole body explosiveness

-AA
Post 14 IP   flag post
nastybeast private msg quote post Address this user
hey AA do u sprint as an interest or do u sprint competitively? Do u have a track coach? i really have a passion for sprinting but i dont have anyone to coach me
Post 15 IP   flag post
nastybeast private msg quote post Address this user
ill be trying out the given routine in that link. do u think it will be worth it to invest in a sprinting shoe(if im not wrong we call it spikes i guess?)?
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nastybeast
ill be trying out the given routine in that link. do u think it will be worth it to invest in a sprinting shoe(if im not wrong we call it spikes i guess?)?

Well do you plan on competing competitively? If you do, then definitely buy them. If you're not going to be competitive, then it's up to you if you want to or not. You can do the sprints just fine in normal running shoes. I only wear spikes in competition or if I'm doing a race-pace workout where I have to hit max speed.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Hey guys, actually instead of doing a split routine im doing a three day routine - total body:

First Day: Total Body - Low Reps
Second Day: Total Body - High Reps With Speed
Third Day: Explosive Movements

@nastybeast. No i dont compete yet man, school is really busy but i do plan on competing soon and im going to uni next year so i will do it then. I think that if you want to compete you really need a coach of some sort for your technique and to an extent your training. And i think spikes are a neccesity if you want to sprint, better grip, support and speed.

-AA
Post 18 IP   flag post
340737 18 18
destitute