Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BackChestInjury RecoveryPhysiqueShoulder Injury

Forward Rolled Shoulder - Help?4762

asianpower private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum but my friends who work in underarmor suggested this to me.

So i've been working out for 2 years, went from a chubby asian kid to a pretty lean and muscular guy.

I've NEVER had a problem/injury working out before but last week, I was working my pecs (NOT bench press. i was doing the bench fly workout) and when the 40 pound dumbell was coming down (i used 40 pound each hand) came down on my right side and i felt something really weird.

There was no pain and i ignored it. But ever since then i felt an imbalance in my shoulder/back area. I tried to look for it and right now i notice my right shoulder is slightly LOWER and more forward than my left side. I feel this everyday and it's killing me.

Any tips?

Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
discipline private msg quote post Address this user
injuries not my area of expertise at all so this may do nothing at all but a massage could be a good idea?
Post 2 IP   flag post
asianpower private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for getting back to me. I've been online for the past 3 hours scouring for ideas and so far I have:

- Stretching shoulder everyday for 1-2 weeks (3X a day)
- Seeing a Chiro (is that how you spell that) or a physiologist
- (adding yours) Massage

Which one seems like the best idea? Also should I stop working out for a while....

Thank you in advance (to anyone who can help ><
Post 3 IP   flag post
AKK private msg quote post Address this user
i wouldnt go stretching your shoulder throw an extreme range a motion or any type of stretching that involves putting it through a ROM and holding it there, a static stretch I believe is the technical name.

Go see a chiro, I think everyone would benefit a lot from seeing a chiropractor.

I know I would and I might just go see one due to the fact my shoulders are a tad bit off level.
Post 4 IP   flag post
340762 4 4
destitute