Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Diet AdvicePHATTraining Programs

Few training/nutrition questions4745

stewie private msg quote post Address this user
So I'm one month into serious pumping iron and counting macros and have a couple of questions:

1. My shoulders and elbows are taking strain, especially elbows during tricep exercises. I suppose this is from going too heavy too soon?

2. I'm considering counting calories for either 2 or 3 days instead of for every day, because my macro's will be more accurate. Any thoughts on this? Or have studies been done on an optimum time within when you should get all your macro's?

3. For interest, is there a maximum amount of calories that you can eat at one serving where your body will use all of the energy. For example, once in a while I go on an eating binge for the whole day, where I'd maybe eat 2000-2500 calories at a time, 3 times a day. Total being around say 7000 calories for the day.
How much of that will be absorbed and stored as fat/muscle and how much will be pooped out?

4. It happens quite often that I have to skip a workout day during the week, doing PHAT. I'll then always do the 2 power days, and skip one of the other.
What would be best:
Make turns with the hypertrophy days and skip a different one every time.
Combine two of the hypertrophy days in one day or one workout. (Would obvious leave out some of the exercises.)
Just continue the cycle from where I stop and not work on a week to week basis.
Post 1 IP   flag post
dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
1) Find differet exercises to still hit the correct heads of the tri w/o causing pain. Otherwise look into wraps.

2) Not sure what your asking here, i dont see how your macros will be more accurate if you only count them 2 - 3 days a week...

3) No.

4) If one must be skipped skip arms/shoulders. If your PHAT system does not have these on the same days, switch it so they are.
Post 2 IP   flag post
eventheodds1 private msg quote post Address this user
Craziest thing for me diet wise was, I was following Mauro DiPasquale anabolic diet and eating like 4.5k calories, 65% fat, 30% protein, and 5% carbs..Gained like jeez barely any weight.

New diet now- Started at 124 lbs, currently 136 lbs in 6 weeks. I do count macros, myfitnesspal app ftw.

Ratios- (2700 kcals) 25% protein, 30% fat, and 45% carbs. I m gaining weight which i wanted. So ima see where it takes me from there. So far so good.
Post 3 IP   flag post
stewie private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks dwatson. Doing Layne's PHAT workout on the site at the moment.

Question 2: I want to count in 2-day intervals. SO by the end of every two days, make sure I got enough calories for 2 days and my ratios is 50:30:20.

A lot of days I end up eating two few carbs for example, but if I work on two days I can compensate on the second day.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Popeye25 private msg quote post Address this user
either swithch hypertrophy days to upper lower and reduce the volume or do chest and back and then legs then shoulders and arms . chest and back day will hit shloulders and arms indirectly anyway so as dwatson said skip shoulders and arms if u have to skip 1
Post 5 IP   flag post
MrMailliw private msg quote post Address this user
Most common cause of elbow pain with triceps is skullcrusher type movements, I have had to take anything like that out of my routines because my elbows hurt even on low weight.

CG bench and dips are the best exercises for building strength in your tris but extension movements are best for adding size.
Post 6 IP   flag post
340630 6 6
destitute