Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
ArmsChestMuscle ImbalanceMuscle SymmetrySplit Advice

triceps oversized, chest undersized?4710

misc private msg quote post Address this user
could it be simply because of poor form.
my form is ok i think
Post 1 IP   flag post
MrMailliw private msg quote post Address this user
Could be a number of reasons.

Eat enough, use great form, focus on creating a good amount of time under tension and progressively getting stronger and you are growing. Simple as that.

Which are you not fulfilling?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Dragonian private msg quote post Address this user
One massive thing you could do instantly is do a smaller ROM on your presses which i guess your not doing, the upper 1/3 of a press is mainly tricep so cut your bench press short from lock out the same with all your shoulder press movements, this will isolate the chest more doing it on things like db presses too as all the stress is on the chest and it will take a hell of a lot of the triceps
Post 3 IP   flag post
Dragonian private msg quote post Address this user
Something I do on most chest movements and my chest is pretty damn big and certainly not a lagging bodypart for me
Post 4 IP   flag post
AustralianOak private msg quote post Address this user
@Dragonian is right bro. You could also try pre exhausting, so Sometype of Flyes before your presses You might have good genetics for triceps too btw

-AA
Post 5 IP   flag post
discipline private msg quote post Address this user
yeah bro guys above nailed that shit on the head
only thing to add would be make sure you got that mind muscle connection going on
focus on actually tensing your chest every rep so you can feel it contracting ect and you will be sweet
Post 6 IP   flag post
eventheodds1 private msg quote post Address this user
My Triceps always gets tired before chest on DB presses, and flys..Especially when going heavy and rest pausing.
Post 7 IP   flag post
AKK private msg quote post Address this user
pre-exhaustion will do nothing.
Post 8 IP   flag post
340621 8 8
destitute