Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
DeadliftLegsPHATTraining Programs

difference between SLDL and RDL ??4430

Popeye25 private msg quote post Address this user
i thought they were the same thing but now im hearing that sldl have ur knees locked out? is that even safe. i was just doin slight bend in the knees rolling the bar along my shins and my assing moving out.

but now im on phat and i see SLDL in power day and RDL in hypertrophy day and realise they must be different
Post 1 IP   flag post
Swayz87 private msg quote post Address this user

Stiff Legged...PS your welcome for choosing a Hot Bish

Deadlifts ^^^

Deadlift you will go all the way down and you will bend much more in your legs...stiff legged your like SEMI locked out id would say 90% locked out with 10% bend in the knees
Post 2 IP   flag post
Popeye25 private msg quote post Address this user
isnt the 2nd vid regular dl and not romanian dl?
Post 3 IP   flag post
adam82a private msg quote post Address this user
He means the difference between romanian deadlift and stiff legged deadlift. I always assumed they were the same thing? Didnt know you had your knees locked on SLDL
Post 4 IP   flag post
Swayz87 private msg quote post Address this user
Shit ya there is no difference between romanian and Stiff!!!

One is Stiff the other is regular disregard Romanian parts
Post 5 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
RDL gives you a slight more bend in the knee and the bar stays quite close to your body.

I do Stiff-legged deadlift. I love it. Keep my legs almost completely straight, with a very very slight bend in the knees. When you lower the bar, the bar is about 6 inches away from your body..

Very slight difference. Just learn your technique by feel. As long as you feel no strain on your lower back and you feel the hard, sore stretch in your hams and glutes - then it's doing the job!
Post 6 IP   flag post
metalheaddoc private msg quote post Address this user
My understanding was that SLDL has knees locked, lower back can round at the bottom and the bar can be farther away from the body. RDL has knees bent slightly, neutral spine at all times and the bar stays close to the shins. RDL has less stress on the lower back. I am not sure if either one puts more/less stress on the glutes/hams. I thought the RDL put more emphasis on the glutes but I see conflicting info on that.

I have also heard that SLDL is pulled from the floor each rep whereas the RDL never goes back to the floor after you start the set.
Post 7 IP   flag post
340764 7 7
destitute