So here’s a little bit about myself:
Name: Amos Jun
Height: 5’ 10.5”
Weight: 160
BF%: no idea..
GOAL: 180 lb with low BF haha..

couple pix:

will take a picture of my legs soon**

I’ve been lifting for about 5 years or so, but started taking it much more seriously the past 8-10 months. And throughout these years, consistency was never really an issue for me. I’m pretty self-conscious.. and when I don’t work out, I feel fat/bloated and really weak. I was so paranoid to the point where I worked out everyday solely because I thought resting days would make me lose the muscle I’ve gained. I was a total noob, and this changed when I started reading articles and talking to people, then applying this knowledge whenever I hit the gym.

And within the 8-10 months I consider myself “doing it right”… I’ve realized how critical diet is.. I’ve been eating a lot of lean meats (primarily chicken), with brown rice or potatoes.. greek yogurt + blue berries, peanut butter + wholegrain bread, total cereal + almond milk, eggs/eggwhites, etc. (just examples of snacks+meals that I would take throughout the day). Consuming about 6-7 meals a day. But this hasn’t been all that consistent the last 2-3 weeks due to vacation. Oh and I need to start calculating my caloric intake.. I have a general idea of the amount of calories I consume per day, but actually knowing how much protein/carb/fats I’m consuming would be nice.. haha

My legs are SUPER skinny… I am a “bboy” (Breakdancer) so I never really used my legs. So thickening them is definitely one of my primary goals. that and gaining about 20 pounds of muscle...

I’ve started layne norton’s PHAT program (started week 1 day 4 today) so I’ll be posting here about my progress. I’m not sure how active I’ll be on this site, but I’ll do my best to update it as each week goes by
And my legs are effing killing me from day 2 LOL

Looking forward to meeting you all!! and all of the help and encouragement from people that share the same passion as i do!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Christf private msg quote post Address this user
good luck..I think you'll like PHAT
Post 2 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome man! Upper body is lookin' pretty good! I just started PHAT here myself!

Def wouldn't hurt to have another active log goin'
Post 3 IP   flag post
ajun private msg quote post Address this user
@Christf thanks bro! the workouts hurt but i'm definitely loving the program thus far haha

@NorIda appreciate the comment. i've been following you and a couple others for a few weeks now, while i was deciding on whether or not to make this thread and tackle PHAT. def a huge inspiration!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Here are some info the main lifts... i need to get stronger

Squat 235 6x
Stifflegged deadlift 235 6x
Bench 215 5x
DB Bench press 90lb 6x
Overhead Shoulder press 70lb 6x <--- shiz is mad hard during the upper body power days...
Post 5 IP   flag post
@AJun Thanks man!

I'm lovin' PHAT so far. not gonna lie, I was skeptical at first, but its looking good! Definitely going to continue it for awhile!

Keeping a log helps too, for me anyways. Helps me rep out the weight one more time, or add 5lbs. In my mind, I'd be letting down all the SS Boys if I "fail", and I hate failure.
Post 6 IP   flag post
dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
When I ran the original PHAT my bench went from 235x3 to 275x4 and im even higher yet. Squat will increase alot too, keep in mind an adequate diet is key also for growth
Post 7 IP   flag post
@dwatson thanks for the advice!! you're also another big inspiration for me starting this program and having the balls to make my own thread hahah..
how many cals should an active 160lb 5'10.5" on PHAT consume, you think?? considering i have a pretty fast metabolism
Post 8 IP   flag post
@dwatson @Christf @NorIda

do you guys train Abs on your rest days?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwatson
When I ran the original PHAT my bench went from 235x3 to 275x4 and im even higher yet. Squat will increase alot too, keep in mind an adequate diet is key also for growth

@Dwat I'll be hitting 405 if at that rate! lol. Doubt I'll have the same progress as you tho tbh

@AJun regarding the abs. You can certainly throw them in on your rest days, after some cardio or something. I tend to do abs when I have time, and the energy to do few more exercises. But that's just me. I'm fairly busy with work/gym/wife
Post 10 IP   flag post
dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
Glad to be an inspiration!

I train abs on off days!

Cals I ran about 3800-4200. I would recommend getting around 1g - 1.3g protein per BW, 3-3.5g carbs and the rest fats.
Post 11 IP   flag post
skullay private msg quote post Address this user
Oh shit! another bboy!

PHAT is awesome. If you're on a bulk you are definitely going to see strength gains with this program. I just finished up a 12 week run of it and saw lots of strength gains.

Let me know when you want to battle my retired ass on the dancefloor. lol
Post 12 IP   flag post
340738 12 12
destitute