Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Kyle0910 private msg quote post Address this user
I have been doing PHAT for around 7 weeks and went from 172lbs. To 187 lbs with a combination of dirty bulk and clean bulk with the majority being clean. I am now cutting (1week in on Sunday) and wonder if PHAT is not the most ideal for cutting since you are working every muscle twice a week and therefore there are shorter recovery times and not as many calories on a bulk to assist in the recovery of those muscles. Also I have made a huge decision as of a couple weeks ago that in about a year or so I want to compete in my first show so I'm excited to see what a years work of preparationg and hardwork can fey me.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Wondering if I could do a good solid cut on 45/35/20 for the macros and 2400 calories.
Post 2 IP   flag post
can anyone give me some tips?
Post 3 IP   flag post
OhhLoLo private msg quote post Address this user
to start, id suggest you take current caloric intake and - 300. Also, up the intensity of your workouts.

45/35/20 looks fine to me.
Post 4 IP   flag post
MrMailliw private msg quote post Address this user
@Kyle0910
1g/lb BW protein
0.3g/lb BW fat
Fill rest with carbs

Do cardio
Lift heavy (no more than 8 reps on the big lifts)
Post 5 IP   flag post
well i lose the other 300 calories through my 40 min of liss or 15-20 min of hitt and im actually doing more time under tension, less reps and slower tempo to bring out the muscle separation like Jim Cordova suggests
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Kyle0910
Pretty sure that muscle separation thing is bullshit.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Well Jim Cordova is a natural BB champion so I think I'm going to try it and see how it goes.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Kyle0910
Greg Plitt is the #1 fitness model in the world and he preaches that you should eat every 2-3 hours to boost metabolism, which everyone now knows is pointless.

The quality of knowledge a person has is not directly dictated by the impressiveness of that persons physique.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Yea I guess your right. But I guess everything is worth a try. I mean if they got there doing it who's to say someone else can't? But I see what your saying with the whole physique matching up to their preachings.
Post 10 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
@Kyle0910 Not trying to stir the pot, but to the point that MrM is making, many of these guys have impressive physiques in spot of what they're doing, not because of it. Good Genetics are an amazing thing. -EK
Post 11 IP   flag post
I know that what works for one person doesn't work for everyone and that's what I love about the sport is that you can critique your own workouts and diet to fit you so it's your own but I guess I just don't want to believe good genetics is what it takes to be a great bodybuilder haha. And what do you mean they make those gains in spite of what they do?
Post 12 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
I mean exactly that- guys like Plitt make gains because of their genetics despite the fact that they subscribe to boneheaded broscience bullshit that would cause the rest of us- who do not possess their great genes- to fail miserably. Take out the drugs and the genetics, and many of these guys wouldn't make the cover of Dog Groomers Weekly, never mind fitness mags. -EK
Post 13 IP   flag post
What EK said plus the fact that broscience does work but it is often very restricting and rarely optimal e.g. having to eat every 2-3 hours, no carbs before bed, fasted cardio instantly burns fat.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Ok I see what your saying. So there wouldn't really be any rep range where you could cause more muscle separating rather than muscle building, it's all in the genetics and your better off just making your own tempo and rep range that works beat for you?
Post 15 IP   flag post
340763 15 15
destitute