Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
LOLMisc.

Stupid things you see in the gym4161

adam82a private msg quote post Address this user
Today I was minding my own business doing some upper back work when this personal trainer comes in with a group of random middle aged people. Walks up to a kettle bell and says "This is called a sumo deadlift" and picks it up from floor and does an upright row to the chin.

Stuff like that ruin my focus.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Dukenhiemer private msg quote post Address this user
Sweet jesus that's sad.

The other day I saw a guy doing cable flyes in khaki shorts and right in the middle of his set his pants fell down to his knees! Haha, made my day for sure.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukenhiemer
Sweet jesus that's sad.

The other day I saw a guy doing cable flyes in khaki shorts and right in the middle of his set his pants fell down to his knees! Haha, made my day for sure.

Haha! He wont lift in khaki's anymore I guess. In my gym some personal trainers go around in jeans when they are instructing people. Gives such a shitty impression
Post 3 IP   flag post
craig private msg quote post Address this user
there are 3 people in my gym that come in, in jeans and shirts, i'm assuming after work and can't be arsed to change. Anyway that's not the bad bit, they are big guys but bench about 90kgs but scream like they are benching a house while the other too should at them. They all look like they are about to snap there back when curling, they go heavy but with the worst form you could imagine.
Post 4 IP   flag post
MrMailliw private msg quote post Address this user
People doing what can only be rotator cuff warm up exercises with huge ass weight, swinging that shit around just asking for an injury.

What are they expecting to get, huge fucking striated rotator cuffs?!
Post 5 IP   flag post
AKK private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMailliw
People doing what can only be rotator cuff warm up exercises with huge ass weight, swinging that shit around just asking for an injury.

What are they expecting to get, huge fucking striated rotator cuffs?!

truth, the last thing you want to do is fatigue your rotators before hitting a hard pressing movement, you wont perform that well. Secondly, like you said injury and lastly using heavy weight for rotator cuff work does not really work the rotator it calls on too much delt to do the exercise.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Jusu private msg quote post Address this user
Saw today 2 ice hockey boys (about 13) doing squat. They squated 10cm down and then up again. And then they got one exercise ball from somewhere and started doing bodyweighted crunches and hyperextension on it IN A FUCKIN' SQUAT RACK!!!!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
The worst things I see in the gym are

-Conventional deadlifters who try to squat the weight up.

-Round back deadlifts are coming back into season

-High rep deadlifts with a mixed grip (this will cause your back to grow differently on both sides) - not exactly stupid but for someone whose a bodybuilder, yes stupid.

-Round back stiff legged deadlifts

-Slamming weight off the floor

-Piss poor form on Dumbbell shoulder presses and OHP

-A lat pulldown becomes a lumbar workout instead, ahh love this one.

- curls on a bosu ball (those balls you stand on)

-cleans that look like reverse curls.

I could add more but I gotta eat.

my gym is near a college in Northridge California, LA fitness.
Post 8 IP   flag post
westmj1 private msg quote post Address this user
Same guy comes in 3-4 days a week and does crunches, leg raises, chest flies, bicep curls on a machine, and the tricep machine and then bikes for like ten minutes. I am pretty sure he has made zero progress.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Jelet private msg quote post Address this user
People doing litterally 1/4 form in squat.

People standing im front of the dumbbell rac doing curls for like 50 reps blocking it for w
Everyone

People training the same thing everyday.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Dukenhiemer private msg quote post Address this user
There is an old that guy that comes into the my gym and he literally does an inch RoM on every single lift he does, leg press, leg extension, leg curl, curls, abs, bench, you name it...
It drives me fucking bonkers I just want to go over there take the heaviest dumbbell we have and drop it on his face!!!!
Fuckin RAGIN just thinking about it!!!!
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Dukenhiemer
HAHAHAHHAHAA DB drop on some old dude's face!

Video it if you ever snap and end up doing it
Post 12 IP   flag post
There are a couple at my gym that also have a habit of using the DB when curling as a pendulum and starting the swing behind thheir body to use the momentum to get the weight up. Stuff like that is doing my head in also
Post 13 IP   flag post
Dragonian private msg quote post Address this user
A guy who does tricep pushdowns with the entire stack then adds a 20plate to the pin, I mean you can do a decline bench kidna version like jack cutler then theres this guy who does it with the cable by the side of his head and his rom is about 1cm going from lockout to a twisted 1 inch rom its fucking so gay
Post 14 IP   flag post
Dexdbest private msg quote post Address this user
Lol @akk your list is hilarious. Curls on a bosu ball and cleans that look like reverse curls.
For me it would have to be
- the dudes who ask you to spot them and then yeeell 'i got this, back off' when you try to help them.
-The guys who drop the weight so hard on the floor after each set
-this particular dude who shouts 'yeah baby, heavy weights, make me crazy baby' before each set
-this other chubby dude who comes in, sits on the bench, stares for about thirty minutes, gets under the bench, does a few reps, gets up and stares at everyone for another thirty mins, benches, stares again, gets up and leaves. You would think he warms up for the set with his eyes...
On another note, why does my avi look so small
Post 15 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Guys who "roll" their shoulders doing shrugs or who stop half way down on the bench press because they think it's "safer." Both are shoulder injuries just waiting to happen. -EK
Post 16 IP   flag post
@eknight
Trap gains are twice as fast if you roll your shoulders, you should know that EK....
Post 17 IP   flag post
Improper shrugging

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAkWV6lkwj4

good example

Thats why I do dip shrugs, hard to cheat imo.
Post 18 IP   flag post
rklohe private msg quote post Address this user
I love the guys that wear their hats pulled down over their eyes with rhinestones in the shape of a cross with a tanktop and jeans, are they fuckin Chuck Norris?

Post 19 IP   flag post
OhhLoLo private msg quote post Address this user
i curl in the squat rack.

get at me
Post 20 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhhLoLo
i curl in the squat rack.

get at me

-EK
Post 21 IP   flag post
Popeye25 private msg quote post Address this user
my friend who supersets bench press with db curls and abs every day hes in the gym and still hasnt gone up in weight.
Post 22 IP   flag post
and this

Post 23 IP   flag post
craig private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye25
my friend who supersets bench press with db curls and abs every day hes in the gym and still hasnt gone up in weight.

as a friend should you not give him some advice?
Post 24 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
What is he, a woman? Guys don't give advice. They fucking laugh at each other. I'd like to advise otherwise, but it's a behavior of nature, attached to the Y chromosome! -EK
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye25

as a friend should you not give him some advice?

im done tryna help him :L hes been training over 2 years n still doesnt even hit legs or back.iv even given the kid a routine n he has trained with me before and bitches out half way through to do curls
Post 26 IP   flag post
TheBangBus private msg quote post Address this user
The I can lift that ridiculous weight for 1/2 a rep in terrible form guy

and bad form in general..... im not even making fun... its just sad
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
What is he, a woman? Guys don't give advice. They fucking laugh at each other. I'd like to advise otherwise, but it's a behavior of nature, attached to the Y chromosome! -EK

Says the person who gives some of the best and most frequent advice on this forum, something you wanna tell us? :P

Would die of shock if EK turned out to be female. Mind = blown, as Swayz would say.
Post 28 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
I give advice when asked. And I usually laugh at the dumb people, I just don't type that I'm laughing. -EK
Post 29 IP   flag post
@eknight
I think you should start, would be funny.
Even if it is me who you are laughing at haha
Post 30 IP   flag post
340762 44 30
destitute