Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
LOLMisc.Progress Update

Another year......yea baby4147

Dexdbest private msg quote post Address this user
Hey shredheads, today is my birthday and one year training anniversary, around this time last year i was abour 125, now im sitting at about 160 lbs. Truly proud of my progress and all glory to God. Also a big thaks to the entire ss community as a whole for all the knowledge, motivation, encouragement and negative comments that have helped me reach this point, i feel like a true sick cunt and im excited.
So i demand a bday gift from each and everyone of you and that is to drop any training wisdom you think would be of benefit to me as i enter my second year of training.
I have really taken an interest in building strenght and i have tried a lot of strenght routines and currently doing an hct routine that bryan suggested to me, my 1rm on the bench has gone from 80 to 240 in that yr, and though its still not much, i would love any advices on how to build more strenght, thinking of adding strongman training once a week, maybe. Sorry for the rambling but i would appreciate it if everyone dropped advice on what to expect and what to do diff this year. Thankxz once again for all your help and all your advice, ss has truly made a mark on my life. I count my joining this site as a blessing, lots of knowledge and a whole new outlook on life, really proud to be a member and when i become mr olympia i will include all of yall in my acceptance speech.
Post 1 IP   flag post
cmc private msg quote post Address this user
happy bday
Post 2 IP   flag post
MrMailliw private msg quote post Address this user
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEEEEEEX!!!
My tiiiiip to you - don't eat yellow snow...

Just kidding but seriously always think about longevity when lifting and leave your ego at the door. Everyone is guilty of letting gains get to our heads and going too heavy, that is what causes injuries.

Lift smart and lift hard.
Post 3 IP   flag post
dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
Happy birthday big man, you 17 now?

Eat, eat and eat some more.
Post 4 IP   flag post
adam82a private msg quote post Address this user
Happy bday
Post 5 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
My man! Happpy BDDDAy!!

You had an awesome starting year in the gym! Now it's time to be smart and think long term! You won't go wrong with a strength focus - the beauty of strength routines is their simplicity...

Some random advice:

Don't overcomplicate things. Keep everything simple. Too much reading and too much detail will only end up confusing you. There are a million and one opinions out there.. Lift heavy - with intensity, and always keep a nicely balanced routine, rest a lot, monitor/adjust your calories and macro's and GROWWWW! That's it. Bodybuilding is simple.

If you find you stall and you aren't making progress, feel frustrated, then strip your routine down to the basics for a while. Just the main lifts, no accessory work, get back to basics, and make some progression. And progression doesn't have to come just from an increase in weight - it could be better form on your 6 rep max, increased speed at max weight, or just one more rep.etc.

Keep a journal!! Take it to gym, and make sure you beat it every 3 weeks or so. This has helped me so much. It really pushes me.. Sometimes I don't manage to add any weight in a 3 week period, but I will always beat my journal in some way (like a i said - better form, more explosive reps, or one more rep added to a set)

Post 6 IP   flag post
skullay private msg quote post Address this user
Happy Birthday, Dex!

As far as training advice... I think the most important things to have are a will to progress and consistency. Keep those strong and the rest of your goals will fall in place.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thankxz guys i truly appreciate this, all the advice has been taken
@brian amazingly solid advice you have given there, all has been taken and will be implemented.
Thankxz my man, gon be inboxing you from time to time about this strenght thing
@skullay thankxz a lot for that bro. Those are the biggest keys
@dwatson if you could lend me your appetite im sure therr would be no probs lol
Post 8 IP   flag post
Lol @mrmailliw i will make sure i stop eating yellow snow. Thankxz for your advice bro
Post 9 IP   flag post
Dukenhiemer private msg quote post Address this user
Atta boy Dex! Good progress, as far as strength training goes I've always been a 3x3 rep man, 70, 80, 90 % of your 1rm respectively. I've seen good strength gains... now I just need to put on more size! :P

Lift hard, sleep hard and eat hard, your body will grow! Looking forward to seeing your progress in the next year!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Thankxz duke, thats really motivating. Promise you aint gon be disappointed.
P.s: whats your 1rm on the squat,dl and bench?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Dragonian private msg quote post Address this user
Happy birthday man hope you have an awesome day!

My tip would be just keep motivated constantly train everything just as hard as you would for the muscles you like the most so when leg day comes or whatever you hate make sure you train them just as damn hard as you would your arms and keep motivated i always visualise something that makes me mad before i do a set and it motivates me more. Also there is so many moitvational videos on youtube watch some before you hit the gym literally as you leave the house it helps massively!

Here is one of my current favourites:

Me and you started at a very similar age and you are making incredible progress man but im challenging you now, and il be dissapointed if your not where im at now in the next year!
Post 12 IP   flag post
ectomorph94 private msg quote post Address this user
Great progress dex and happy birthday bro! I have very similar stats to you and I must say your transformation so far has been incredible. Are you 160lb in your new picture? Starting to look really good #nohomo!! I'm not an experienced lifter like most of the posters above but one of the biggest lessons I've learnt so far is that consistency is key. Eat clean, drink water, stay motivated, and never miss a workout. You'll never be disappointed by the shots you take, but by the one's that you don't.

Cheers,
Ecto
Post 13 IP   flag post
PittMuscle private msg quote post Address this user
Happy Birthday Dex! You came a crazy long way this year alone, I look forward to seeing what you can do in another year bro!

Keep lifting hard and don't let anyone try and hold you back.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Dukenhiemer private msg quote post Address this user
Squat is lagging a little atm. But I'm sitting around 415. Deadlift is 480 and bench is 285 @ 170!

Edit: Happy Birthday!

Edit 2: I just looked at your profile picture, damn! You have come a long ways, with your body type you will be one scary guy when you put on some more mass. #wishiwasanectomorph!
Post 15 IP   flag post
@dragonian awesome motivation man, and i accept your challenge, promise not to let you down
@ectomorph94 yeah man i am roughly 158-160 in the new pics.
Your advice is noted bro. I really appreciate everything you said and its real motivating
@pittmuscle hoping to bring the roof down this year, and with all the help on this forum and the knowledge, not to talk of God on my side, i will be able to pull it off
@dukenhiemer wish i could lift that much bro.
Thankxz for the bday wishes bro, looking up to all of you guys and your progress on this forum is the motivation that helped bring me this far. Looking forward to a great yr ahead
Post 16 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
@Dexdbest happy bday. My advice would be to take baby steps. Make a little bit of progress each day, each week, each month. Keep grinding!!
Post 17 IP   flag post
igg private msg quote post Address this user
Toast to being born on 2nd of July. Though I don't celebrate my b'day... I'm weird, kill me
Post 18 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Dex, Happy Birthday!

The Best Advice I can think of, is to not get discouraged, keep your head up. When things get rough, lower your shoulders and work through it.

We all have obstacles in life, how you handle them is what defines you as a person.
Post 19 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY B.DAY DEX!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LIVE IT UP MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My advice:
Cheat on your girlfriend(s), not your workout
Post 20 IP   flag post
TheBangBus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRorhrbac0808
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY B.DAY DEX!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LIVE IT UP MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My advice:
Cheat on your girlfriend(s), not your workout

QFT!!
Post 21 IP   flag post
Its 12:00 am over here and before i get some rest i wanna thank all the ss bros for making this bday so fuggin awesome! I had a wonderfull time. Igg were ya born on july 2nd? If you were, then, hpy bday broda
lol @ srhor words of wisdom, well recieved my broda
@mikew i try to lift more each week and im now sure to do what you have told
@norida awesome stuff man, you should post that on the motivational quote thread. I will def do that.
Thankxz a lot shredheads. You all have made this day special. Gonna tear shit up this new year. The lord is on my side
Post 22 IP   flag post
Dragonian private msg quote post Address this user
Goodnight buddy glad you had a good day
Post 23 IP   flag post
Thankxz drag. Gudnyt bro, thankxz fr all ur help.
P.s: @srhor lol at the 's' in the bracket.
Post 24 IP   flag post
340735 24 24
destitute