Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Omartinez17 private msg quote post Address this user
I started PHAT yesterday, it was AWESOME. I just have to get use to the volume.
My question is, for PHAT power day, for upper body, would be ok to do close grip bench press instead of skullcrushers? Or should I stick to whats listed?
Post 1 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
yeah man that is fine!
I didn't do skullcrushers when I ran PHAT. Hurt my dang elbows.
You can pretty much sub things in and out as you please, as long as it is a smart sub.
Good luck with PHAT man!!! Amazing program.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Awesome, thanks man.
Post 3 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
anytime brotha
Post 4 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omartinez17
I started PHAT yesterday, it was AWESOME. I just have to get use to the volume.
My question is, for PHAT power day, for upper body, would be ok to do close grip bench press instead of skullcrushers? Or should I stick to whats listed?

Just for a different POV, I would not sub them out. They hit the tris in a different way than CGBP. Why do you want to sub them? -EK
Post 5 IP   flag post
I feel I get a Bit more of a workout when I hit CGBP, havent really spent too much time on skullcrushers but Ill give them a try.
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Well, just remember, you already have benching and dips in there, but nothing that really hammers the long head of the tris if you take out skullcrushers. -EK
Post 7 IP   flag post
Swayz87 private msg quote post Address this user
Lulz @OP....No offense but yaaa CGBP doesn even Isolate the Tri as well as Skull Crushers and you HELLA should feel way more in ya tri when doin skull crushers...The only reason I would even reccomend not doing them was if you had some kind of Injury in the Elbow....One thing though if you really wanna Sub them I reccomend Over head tri extentions...
Post 8 IP   flag post
19KCarrington private msg quote post Address this user
Im not sure why everyone loves PHAT so much... I didn't hardly see any results except for the fact that it was good to change my routine... To answer your question though, I would say that when you switch out a routine, make sure its for a similar routine. There are a lot of tricep workouts out there, but the angle of your arms and grip means everything. Dont substitute a long head workout for a short head workout, or an overhead grip for a front grip.
Post 9 IP   flag post
dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19KCarrington
Im not sure why everyone loves PHAT so much... I didn't hardly see any results except for the fact that it was good to change my routine... To answer your question though, I would say that when you switch out a routine, make sure its for a similar routine. There are a lot of tricep workouts out there, but the angle of your arms and grip means everything. Dont substitute a long head workout for a short head workout, or an overhead grip for a front grip.

To an extent... You cant specifically shape or isolate a specific head of the tri or the bi keep in mind. It either all contracts or it doesn't. Grip placement is irrelevant per the majority of the exercise. Ie. wide grip building a wider chest, or wider back compared to close grip. Wide grip on barbell curls hitting only the long head vs short head.
Post 10 IP   flag post
This is my first time running PHAT, Ive been stuck on the same routine for a while now and wanted to change it up a bit. I use to hit each body part once a week,with PHAT its twice a week. Im hoping for some good results
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omartinez17
This is my first time running PHAT, Ive been stuck on the same routine for a while now and wanted to change it up a bit. I use to hit each body part once a week,with PHAT its twice a week. Im hoping for some good results

Example of PHAt results...I used to max at 3 plates on T bar rows....Now I warm up with it...
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19KCarrington

To an extent... You cant specifically shape or isolate a specific head of the tri or the bi keep in mind. It either all contracts or it doesn't. Grip placement is irrelevant per the majority of the exercise. Ie. wide grip building a wider chest, or wider back compared to close grip. Wide grip on barbell curls hitting only the long head vs short head.

I think the key as far as Arm placement and grip is gunna be Form mostly! For example: Tucking your arms during CGBP and not flaring them...Same for Dips Arms tucked unless you wanna hit the Chest more then tri....Pretty much if you wanna hit tris the Hardest make sure to TUCK THEM BOWS SON!
Post 13 IP   flag post
340630 13 13
destitute