Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
DeadliftNewbiePHATTraining Programs

How long would it take to learn to deadlift?4066

DFMaster240 private msg quote post Address this user
hey wazzz up guys, i am about to start the program PHAT. And in the program you have to do romanian deadlifts. I have never done any kind of deadlift, i just wanted to know how to deadlift? I am trying to start it soon as i learn to deadlift. How long did it take you guys to deadlift?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Popeye25 private msg quote post Address this user
thought you started weeks ago?
Post 2 IP   flag post
no, i just got my surgery done on my knees a week ago, gonna recover in about 3 weeks. So how long you think it'll take me to deadlift?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Popeye25 private msg quote post Address this user
what do u mean? get someone to show u and thats it. u can romanian deadlift
Post 4 IP   flag post
Ill try people in my gym dont do those only curls, and the rest are cocky AS FUCK. But ill look at tutorial vids.

Yo bra would you recommend a lifting belt when doing deadlift and squats or just deadlifts?
Post 5 IP   flag post
DETERMINED1 private msg quote post Address this user

he has a bunch of video on deadlifts and deadlift back angles...blah blah blah watch them
Post 6 IP   flag post
DETERMINED1 private msg quote post Address this user
there are a lot of garbage videos out there but watch rippetoe's videos on the deadlift...he knows what he's talking about
Post 7 IP   flag post
okay thanks guys, really appreciate it!!!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah - Rippetoe's vid is solid!

You may want to experiment with the width of your stance - I stand between sumo width and normal - I feel strongest and most secure in this position, and can move the most weight. Everyone is different, and depends on your height. Regardless of width of stance, it's the same principles that you must drive home.

To learn to deadlift is easy. To master the deadlift takes years - we never stop improving!!

Hope your knees recover fast bro!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Schafer240 private msg quote post Address this user
A helpful thing I did when I started doing deadlifts face sideways to a mirror while lifting and keep an eye on your form, this and keep it light to you get your form dialed
Post 10 IP   flag post
340621 10 10
destitute