Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
DeadliftPHATSplit AdviceTraining Programs

Deadlifts and PHAT.4052

KalletSc private msg quote post Address this user
Do any Of you do (regular) deadlifts while running PHAT. If so..what day do you do them on and what is your rep scheme. Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
SharpMoz private msg quote post Address this user
Lower body power day I don't do hack squats and after squats and leg extensions, do 3x3-5 deadlifts
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks man, Thats actually what I was thinking of subbing out anyways lol.
Post 3 IP   flag post
dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
You can also substitute them in instead of squats every 3 weeks or so
Post 4 IP   flag post
SharpMoz private msg quote post Address this user
^^ that's what Layne suggests in the article, right? I like my squats too much to leave them is all. Plus I hate hacks
Post 5 IP   flag post
dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpMoz
^^ that's what Layne suggests in the article, right? I like my squats too much to leave them is all. Plus I hate hacks

I think he may. Haven't read the article in a while.

I switch them out. I like squats better but guys that dead lift have insane backs, and i want to better mine so i do both.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Just finished lower body power. I threw in 3x3 deadlifts for the first time in nearly six months...it wasn't too pretty. But on upperbody power i already hit 4 PR's yesterday. It's looking to be a great 6-8 weeks. Thanks guys and goodluck!
Post 7 IP   flag post
skullay private msg quote post Address this user
I thought the romanian deadlifts were the "regular" kind. The ones on the leg hypertrophy days. My deads are pathetic. When I come back to PHAT after this I'm going to make them my 3-5 rep exercise on my lowerbody power day.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Swayz87 private msg quote post Address this user
When I ran Phat I would switch out the Main lifts every 4 weeks...

so legs I switched Squats for heavy Leg presses and Stiff Legged DLs for Regular ones...I would then switch back to squats and Stiff legged after another 4 weeks...
Post 9 IP   flag post
340733 9 9
destitute