Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingPHATSplit AdviceTraining Programs

Warming up for PHAT ?4025

ionatan private msg quote post Address this user
I want to start PHAT next week, and I am looking in getting gains with it. One thing that I dont know is what kind of warmups to do?

It said on the article to warmup thoroughly before every exercice and I saw in the video's on the article that they were warming up with weights on their power days.

Should I warm up with lighter weights before the actual 3 sets of 3-5reps? And how light?

What exercices should I warmup on and should I warm up on hypertrophy days when doing a lot of isolation movements?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Swayz87 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionatan
I want to start PHAT next week, and I am looking in getting gains with it. One thing that I dont know is what kind of warmups to do?

It said on the article to warmup thoroughly before every exercice and I saw in the video's on the article that they were warming up with weights on their power days.

Should I warm up with lighter weights before the actual 3 sets of 3-5reps? And how light?

What exercices should I warmup on and should I warm up on hypertrophy days when doing a lot of isolation movements?

Easy my man easy....When I ran phat I did 3 sets of shoulder warm ups....

10 reps of Front raises
followed by 10 reps of Lateral raises...

So 20 reps per set for 3 total sets...

I did these with a 10 or 15 depending on what i can find in my cluster fucked gym...

I would do 1 set warm up for each main exercise
so one warm up set for back....then one warm up set for chest...then one for Tri and One for Bis.....Very little weight for around 15-20 reps...

Leg day just do 3 sets up body weight squats for warm up around 25 reps REALLY LOW! Followed by one warm up set REALLY low

then I wouldnt do another warm up till I came to deadlifts. I would do like 1 set with really light weight and do stiff legged DLS for this warm up...
Post 2 IP   flag post
ionatan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swayz87
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionatan

Easy my man easy....When I ran phat I did 3 sets of shoulder warm ups....

10 reps of Front raises
followed by 10 reps of Lateral raises...

So 20 reps per set for 3 total sets...

I did these with a 10 or 15 depending on what i can find in my cluster fucked gym...

I would do 1 set warm up for each main exercise
so one warm up set for back....then one warm up set for chest...then one for Tri and One for Bis.....Very little weight for around 15-20 reps...

Leg day just do 3 sets up body weight squats for warm up around 25 reps REALLY LOW! Followed by one warm up set REALLY low

then I wouldnt do another warm up till I came to deadlifts. I would do like 1 set with really light weight and do stiff legged DLS for this warm up...

Why would you do front raises for shoulders its not even in the PHAT program ?
Post 3 IP   flag post
OhhLoLo private msg quote post Address this user
its always good to have warm shoulders so you dont tear anything?

shit its beneficial to warm up everything no matter what "day" or split youre on; get the blood flowin and prevent injuries
Post 4 IP   flag post
340614 4 4
destitute