Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Diet AdviceMotivationPHATTeenTraining Programs

Advice, New, PHAT3904

rklohe private msg quote post Address this user
Hey all hows it goin? I've been trolling the forums for about and week and just had to be a part of this community. Reading things posted by Dwatson, EK, Dragonian, and other has really motivated me. I have a lot of respect for you guys. Also was reading the forum about not enough freshness on here which is also why I joined, I want to learn and help contribute.

Anyways, Im 19, 5'11" 176 pounds and have been lifting since highschool but not too seriously until last fall. Im looking to put on muscle and keep it on while losing my body fat. Come next summer I really want to have that great body people admire and want to look like.

Today was my first day of PHAT and man my lats are already killing from the pull-ups, rack chins, and rows.

My questions are about my diet and how you all went about phat to see the best results.

Breakfast:
6 eggs (4 whites 2 yolk) with turkey
2 glasses fat free milk
Next Meal:
30 gram protein shake with some peanut butter
Lunch:
Plain chicken or bbq pork shoulder with handful of almonds/pistachios
Preworkout:
C4
Post Workout:
40 grams whey protein
Dinner:
2 beef patties
greek yogurt with granola
fat free milk
veggies
Before bed:
30 gram protein shake

I also take:
Multi
Vitamin D, E
Fish Oil
Dhea
B12

What do you guys think? Am I on the right path here?

Also, any advice/tips about PHAT would be awesome. I was thinking on swimming and doing core on my days off.

Thank you guys so much, you are all inspirations.

-RK
Post 1 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey man!!

Welcome!!

Diet: Where are the carbs?? You need them! Also, it's better if you give us your macros - so total calories protein/carbs/fat

I'll let the PHAT guys comment on the training!

^^
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thor private msg quote post Address this user
You want to eat more calories than you are burning.

Aside from that, you want to find a macronutrient profile that works: Carbs/Protein/Fat. Popular ratios are 50/30/20 or 40/40/20.

Make sure you're getting enough fibre and micronutrients and you're set.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Well usually I have some whole wheat toast with my peanut butter but I am assuming that isnt enough. I also just bought a lot of brown rice to start having with my meals.

Brian: I will be sure to get all the macros tomorrow as I go and will update tomorrow night so you all have a better understanding of where Im at.

Thor: what are some good foods to boost my fibre?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rklohe

Oats, cereals, corn, rice, veges/fruits with skins on, nuts and so on are all good.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor
Quote:

Oats, cereals, corn, rice, veges/fruits with skins on, nuts and so on are all good.

Okay got it. I have some pineapple, blueberries, blackberries, almonds, postachios and bananas....sound good?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:

Okay got it. I have some pineapple, blueberries, blackberries, almonds, postachios and bananas....sound good?

I just had a look down your food list, you're eating virtually no carbs. I eat about 300g of oats every day, ontop of a bunch of other stuff.

What you've listed is a start, but not enough imo.

edit - Average guy needs 30-40g of fibre per day.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Alright, I will definitely take in more carbs....looks like grocery shopping for me tomorrow!!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
For my carbs I live on wholewheat pasta (12 grams protein per 100 grams, and 9 grams fibre); also - i eat load of oats!

Try add in a portion of each per day.

Spend some time and make a list of the carbs/protein/fat and calories of all your favorite food. Then make a meal plan that fits the split 50carbs/ 30 prtotein/ 20 fat as Thor suggested. Also, work out an estimate of your daily calorie needs - a good starting point is your weight in LBS multiplied by 15. Then eat 500 calorie above this to gain and 500 under to cut!

Post 9 IP   flag post
Awesome thank you guys so much. Today I am going to go through everything I eat and am making a spread sheet logging the protein, fat, calories, and carbs in everything and I will repost later tonight with an altered diet plan and hopefully I can get some feedback. Already loving being part of this group!

Anyone have anything to say about PHAT? Today is day 2 and Im about to go destroy my legs....my back is killin right now!!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
340764 10 10
destitute