Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CuttingDiet AdviceNewbiePHAT

Quick ? on diet3756

xlGrimlx private msg quote post Address this user
Counting my cals and macro's so I can get the most out of my workouts, just wanting to make sure I am getting the right amount. Used a bmr and Harris-Benedict coefficient am at 3237 to maintain. Dropping 500 to cut right now just checking if that amount includes my workouts or if I need to add them in as well. Know there have a lot of threads on this just don't have the time right now to go through them all. Thank you for any help. Macro-35%f/45%P/20%f Training with PHAT right now
Post 1 IP   flag post
dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
Dropping 500 is a starting point. Go week to week and adjust accordingly man.
Post 2 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlGrimlx
Macro-35%f/45%P/20%f

What? -EK
Post 3 IP   flag post
dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlGrimlx
Macro-35%f/45%P/20%f

What? -EK

haha i think he meant carbs.. otherwise by this he is getting 55% fats and 45% protein... Meaning is glycogen levels are empty and he didn't have enough energy to press the 'C' :P
Post 4 IP   flag post
haha ya i meant carbs my little one was attacking me when i was trying to type it up..35% carbs, 45% protein, 20% fat. It is hard for me to even get in the 500 under right now, i'm not used to eating very much so readjusting to having a normal supple of food again.
Post 5 IP   flag post
sohail92 private msg quote post Address this user
I might be wrong, but isnt 40/40/20 more useful for your body? Just I think 45% protein is a little excessive and possibly not beneficial?
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Even 40/40 is excessive. It's more protein than you would ever need if you're natty, and not enough carbs. 30p/50c is a better option. -EK
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Even 40/40 is excessive. It's more protein than you would ever need if you're natty, and not enough carbs. 30p/50c is a better option. -EK

Sorry for going off topic a little bit but just wanted to ask you..

what is your opinion on a higher amount of fats in a diet, from sources such as olive oil, peanut butter, nuts etc. Would a higher amount of fats and lower protein or carbs help give better results?

The reason I ask is recently I have been having a lot of nuts just to increase my daily calorie intake and am aware that there fat content is high
Post 8 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
There's nothing wrong with those fat sources, but more than 20-25% of your diet from fat means you're probably not getting enough of your other macros. Do a search for a thread entitled, "Carbs- don't cut 'em" for some of the pertinent research on macros. -EK
Post 9 IP   flag post
@eknight

Thanks, i'll give that thread a read when I get a chance.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Thanks for the info on the macro's I'll switch mine down to 40/40. Heading to the gym for another day of PHAT in a few.
Post 11 IP   flag post
340742 11 11
destitute