Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
InspirationLOLMisc.Newbie

What to wear to an interview at a gym?3682

UPumper private msg quote post Address this user
I got an interview at a gym for front desk/ sales position. What do I wear?
Post 1 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
Pink spandex body suit^^^

Seriously - jeans - smart shirt. Semi-casual
Post 2 IP   flag post
I was thinking a solid color, crisp polo. and some slacks .
Post 3 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
lol I got an interview tomorrow... THinking of just keeping it casual
Post 4 IP   flag post
knockout2281 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPumper
I was thinking a solid color, crisp polo. and some slacks .

That should be fine man.
Post 5 IP   flag post
DETERMINED1 private msg quote post Address this user
conquer ss singlet

REPRESENT!!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
hurricane92 private msg quote post Address this user
Khakis, polo, and CLEAN shoes (dress shoes not required). Probably not as dressy as it would be for somewhere else, but still a little more dressy than you would be if you were an employee.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Corkey private msg quote post Address this user
Look professional and smart bro. . aslong as you look smart, clean shaven, neat hair etc youu'll be hundreds
Post 8 IP   flag post
Jelet private msg quote post Address this user

(not srs)

wear jeans and nice shoes and a fitted tshirt to show off ur muscles....
Post 9 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
in all honesty..

polo/collar shirt, nice pair of jeans, dark shoes.

have a huge smile, and think before you answer questions bro!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Dragonian private msg quote post Address this user
I would wear a full fucking suit or a shirt and proper trousers. I dont think in this day and age the clean shaven thing is all it used to be cracked up to me, i have a beard and have had one with my current job and during the time when i was a waiter at a posh hotel and thats bloody food service with a beard too! I recently got a job as a delivery driver at a takeaway, not much at all but i enjoy it. I had 0 experience and multiple people applied for the job who had tons of experience i sucked at the job at first (better now) the boss said the reason he gave it to me was because i was the best dressed and most polite and well spoken so manners and dress for an interview in my opinion are everything no one wants to employ a social retard who looks like a stinkin' hobo
Post 11 IP   flag post
DavidP94 private msg quote post Address this user
Collared shirt, suit pants, suit shoes, "guess watch" and shiny belt, swag brahh.
Post 12 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
IMO, jeans are too casual. Having hired and fired trainers at my gym(s), jeans say "unprofessional" to me. As in, "if he's unprofessional in an interview, is he going to act unprofessionally with clients." -EK
Post 13 IP   flag post
do i tuck the polo in?
Post 14 IP   flag post
dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
do i tuck the polo in?

I'd wear button up bro, leave it about 2-3 buttons down but not looking to ghey. Some what fitting and nice black slacks/shoes.

Or what jelet showed, that was straight up hillarious.
Post 15 IP   flag post
EFJK private msg quote post Address this user
A job is a job, man, regardless of where it's at. You can never ever go wrong with dressing clean and professional. Black slacks and a dress shirt is probably most appropriate for a gym job. A blazer would be over the top, as would a tie/vest.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I went to the interview. It was so unprofessional and embarrassing. The fat ass interviewer was just chilling with her feet on the desk. First question she asked me in the interview was "If you were an animal what animal would you be"? Following questions were "If your life was a movie, what actor would play you" " If you could have superpowers what superpowers would you have"?

I usually interview well so I went in with such confidence but I dint even have an answer for any of these bullshit questions nor did i even see how they were relevant. Fuck that shit. really wanted the job though.
Post 17 IP   flag post
thecodes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I went to the interview. It was so unprofessional and embarrassing. The fat ass interviewer was just chilling with her feet on the desk. First question she asked me in the interview was "If you were an animal what animal would you be"? Following questions were "If your life was a movie, what actor would play you" " If you could have superpowers what superpowers would you have"?

I usually interview well so I went in with such confidence but I dint even have an answer for any of these bullshit questions nor did i even see how they were relevant. Fuck that shit. really wanted the job though.

Seriously? What gym was it at? I just got a front desk job at 24. Easiest job ever.
Post 18 IP   flag post
ectomorph94 private msg quote post Address this user
This is actually pretty deja vu since I'm stepping out into the real world now and was going to post a thread regarding job interviews. I've been talking to my dad whose employed (and canned) countless people in the business management industry. He said it all boils down to your general demeanor. Body posture, eye contact, articulation, and etc., go a long way. Confidence in oneself prevails over superficial aspects. No homo to my pops but he's hired a few gay guys and said that they're the most sanguine and gregarious people he knows just because they've got themselves fully figured out.

Oh also lol, don't lie about your weaknesses cause they'll catch up to you in your potentially new job and consequently lead to tarnished relationships with fellow coworkers and more importantly your boss. A guy my dad interviewed admittedly said one of his flaws was laziness and yet he was still hired since his confidence, drive, and persona spoke differently. According to my dad he'd much rather hire a lazy person (assuming they have a job history, scholastic accolades and etc., to still prove they're competent and not retards) since they'll find a way to get the job in a much simpler and shorter manner than the hardworking computer geek.

Ecto
Post 19 IP   flag post
340762 19 19
destitute