Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
PHAT

Do you get good muscle gains with PHAT?3467

Q_Armstrong private msg quote post Address this user
Hey, just out of curiosity does PHAT produce strength gains with significant muscle size gains as well? What results did people experience from doing it? I understand the basic logistics of increasing your strength to increase potential for more muscle growth but i'm just wondering if people who have done it get good muscle size increases
Post 1 IP   flag post
Swayz87 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q_Armstrong
Hey, just out of curiosity does PHAT produce strength gains with significant muscle size gains as well? What results did people experience from doing it? I understand the basic logistics of increasing your strength to increase potential for more muscle growth but i'm just wondering if people who have done it get good muscle size increases

This would all depend on your diet during the time of phat....if your cutting then no def no muscle gains. If you bulking then yes you prob will see some gains. I prob gained 6-9 lbs maybe like 3-4 Lean muscle mass....But my strength gains were significant!!!! I mean like just an example I was doing dips with a 55lb Db for 8 reps...I busted out Dips with a 95lb DB on monday for 6 reps....so ya MAJOR strength gains for someone who has been lifting 7 years and about 3 years seriously....
Post 2 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
I have been doing phat for a while... Honestly every workout my weight has gone up with strength.. I was bulking for a while and now I am cutting and strength is STILL going up even tho my calories are low :P
Post 3 IP   flag post
Q_Armstrong private msg quote post Address this user
wow sounds good! would you either of you recommend it over a basic split program then? Or just something to produce strength/ size gains whilst bulking and shock your muscles with something new for a bit?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Swayz87 private msg quote post Address this user
@Q_Armstrong

I WOULD!!! I mean it depends...Im kind of at odds still...I mean I would DEF do PHAT if you havent. I would do atleast 3 months then maybe change it up....but I liked it cause you get the benafits of both strenght AND hypo when you do it. although Lifting for pure Hypo would most likely cause the quickest Size gains...Shit man I HELLA would do PHAT before you do anything else...atleast
Post 5 IP   flag post
dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
Before PHAT:
1) Barbell Bench: 235 x 3
2) Dumbbell Bench Press: 3 set of 95 x 3-5
3) Dumbbell Military Press: 3 sets of 50 x 5
4) Barbell Rows: 3 sets of 185 x 3-5

After FAT, i mean PHAT:
1) Barbell Bench: 275 x 4.
2) Dumbbell Bench Press: 3 set of 115 x 3-5
3) Dumbbell Military Press: 3 sets of 80 x 5
4) Barbell Rows: 3 sets of 230 x 3-5

For squat, in week 2 i hurt my hip flexor and couldn't lift legs. But your legs should BLOW past the rest of your body as far as strength/size.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WaxyLizard private msg quote post Address this user
To be real with you, you need a to have a pretty decent strength base before starting this program.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Rawn private msg quote post Address this user
agree with waxy. do the basics before you start this. or you will tear yourself up. my advice. strengthen your lower back before starting it. Strength gains are huge tho
Post 8 IP   flag post
PHAT isn't for beginners correct.
Post 9 IP   flag post
alexmuller private msg quote post Address this user
I saw great progress with PHAT. My squat stalled on 385lb and after PHAT I squatted 440lb for 5 reps, my bench went up by almost 30lb and I got amazing size gains.

@dwatson do you remember me asking you all these PHAT questions when I first joined SS and I was a bit skeptical. But now I swear by PHAT!
Post 10 IP   flag post
haha sure do man. I love how skeptical people are but glad you came to me. Im telling ya dude its a great split.
Post 11 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmuller
I saw great progress with PHAT. My squat stalled on 385lb and after PHAT I squatted 440lb for 5 reps,

-EK
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwatson
haha sure do man. I love how skeptical people are but glad you came to me. Im telling ya dude its a great split.
Well its not what you see everyday. I used to a normal split then you get this program with power days, and speed work etc. But yes Im very glad I came to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmuller
I saw great progress with PHAT. My squat stalled on 385lb and after PHAT I squatted 440lb for 5 reps,

-EK

Why thank you Mr. EK
Post 13 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Once you start messing with 4 plates a side on squats, you're a different animal than most! -EK
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Once you start messing with 4 plates a side on squats, you're a different animal than most! -EK

Perfect quote. Gonna write that big on my training log.
Post 15 IP   flag post
340630 15 15
destitute