Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
Was in the gym doing my second set of speed bench presses. Went down and felt somewhat of a pinch between my pec minor and delt.. Thought it was just a fluke so I did another rep but felt it again. So I racked the weight and went home. There is no pain there but it is basically tender. Also, If I make two fists and push them together I feel kind of a sharp pinch in that area. Will I be okay if I train back and shoulders later tonight and do chest and arms on Saturday??? Or should I just take off for a few days and wait until it is completely healed up to prevent further injury of the area... Tomorrow is leg day and obviously that will be okay to train.

Thanks for the input!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Dragonian private msg quote post Address this user
i would mimic the ROM with no weights in your hand the ROM you will be doing for each exercise you plan on doing and see if it affects the injury. If not then i would train but thats just me personally
Post 2 IP   flag post
EFJK private msg quote post Address this user
I'd just play it by ear. When you go in for those workouts, make sure to warm up the shoulder really well and then try some light sets of presses. If it hurts, then don't hit Shoulders/Chest that workout. If it feels alright, then go ahead
Post 3 IP   flag post
Swayz87 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonian
i would mimic the ROM with no weights in your hand the ROM you will be doing for each exercise you plan on doing and see if it affects the injury. If not then i would train but thats just me personally

Yaaa...this^

I would try doing back and shoulders any exercise you feel pain in...dont do it. Dont be discouraged if thats everything. Rest the rest of the weekend ya got 3 days if your lucky and then lift on tues brah!
Post 4 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
yeah. ef it. lol a few days off probably would do some good anyway.. not tryin to have an injury.
Post 5 IP   flag post
340752 5 5
destitute