Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BackBulkingChestSplit Advice

Strengthening Weaknesses3436

BWestern private msg quote post Address this user
At this moment in time, I find my upper chest and my lats are the two areas of my physique which need to most attention, so for lats I am performing pull ups/lat pull down at the beginning AND end of my back workout, and for upper chest I am performing incline barbell/dumbell press at the beginnning and end of my chest workout. I am also performing 3 sets of both these exercises at the end of my leg workout as a boost. Is this technique effective for strengthening weak areas? If not, what should I change? Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Stop trying to kill them, lol. The clavicular portion of the chest and shape of your lats are largely determined by genetics and where the muscle bellies insert. I didn't start doing incline anythings until a few months ago, but years of very heavy flat benching made my chest grow proportionately. You can't isolate the upper chest anyway. Not sure what your current routine looks like, but I'd go heavy barbell inclines, heavy DB inclines, heavy flat bench, heavy DB bench, 4 sets each once a week. For back, heavy barbell rows, lat pulls (close grip), cable rows, and DB rows, same number of sets as chest. -EK
Post 2 IP   flag post
BWestern private msg quote post Address this user
Alright freat thanks! Would you recommened supersets and/or dropsets as well?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Dexdbest private msg quote post Address this user
Lol ek pray swayz doesnt see that post or this gonna turn into anoda loooooong inner,outer,upper pec debate
Post 4 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Not at this stage,no. -EK
Post 5 IP   flag post
340762 5 5
destitute