Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Swift private msg quote post Address this user
What's everyone's views on them? Majority of you probably take preworkouts but whats your opinions on energy drinks like, redbull, V, Monster etc...
Post 1 IP   flag post
sohail92 private msg quote post Address this user
They're not needed and mostly full of sugar
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jelet private msg quote post Address this user
they are horrible. I used to drink them, for the taste. thats it. they barely give me any energy. not to mention all the empty calories(sugar) added to it...

if u gonna use em, then get the 0 carb ones thats like 20 calories.

or just take a preworkout. u will get better energy like this + better for ur body compared to a typical energy drink.

i personally try to stay away from caffeine though because ir dehydrates ur muscle cells and u have to drink more water that way, and 1 gallon of water is already a lot, so i try to avoid caffeine.. and use it only once a week...

just my opinion though.
Post 3 IP   flag post
alexmuller private msg quote post Address this user
I sometimes drink the Monster LOW carb energy drink. Its got no sugar and very low on calories. I sometimes drink it when I go out and need a kick.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WaxyLizard private msg quote post Address this user
I have been drinking xs lately. No sugar and are like 4 cals. I just like the taste haha
Post 5 IP   flag post
david12345676 private msg quote post Address this user
Do not want.
Post 6 IP   flag post
animal28 private msg quote post Address this user
Red bull Zero is fucking crack in a can! Can't live without my caffine fix.
Post 7 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Jelet (and the board as a whole)- unless you're drinking MASSIVE amounts of caffeine (500-700 mg daily), caffeine has almost no effect on fluid balance whatsoever and will not dehydrate you. Another broscience myth that keeps popping its head up. -EK
Post 8 IP   flag post
dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
adding to what EK said, and unless your consuming energy drinks alone, they are inconsequential per the amount of sugar in them. I'd still drink moderately.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Swayz87 private msg quote post Address this user
Pretty stupid to drink a Full Flavor one IMO Why drink away fuggin up to 500 cals!?!? But if you go diet Id say its just fine. Even Beneficialif you are trying to cut and drink one during the day to keep your thermo up..
Post 10 IP   flag post
Youngbrah private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by david12345676
Do not want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Jelet (and the board as a whole)- unless you're drinking MASSIVE amounts of caffeine (500-700 mg daily), caffeine has almost no effect on fluid balance whatsoever and will not dehydrate you. Another broscience myth that keeps popping its head up. -EK

Hi EK just wondering about your thoughts on massive amounts of caffeine. At the moment im drinking about 3 cups of coffee a day (2 teaspoons of coffee in each) and maybe one caffiene pill pre workout (200mg) Would you consider this too much caffeine?

I dont drink coffee after 5 oclock and cant cut down at the moment because it helps me study and my exams are more important at this moment.

Just wondering if you think this is too much or still an ok amount?

Cheers - YB
Post 11 IP   flag post
Itgirl17 private msg quote post Address this user
Glad to know they aren't too horrible for you (the sugar free and zero carb ones at least) since I am a promoter for Rockstar Energy. They sure make for a fantastic pre-workout right before a hard leg day
Post 12 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
So tops that's about 500mg? That's not what I would say is too much. -EK
Post 13 IP   flag post
Itgirl17 private msg quote post Address this user
Just curious, but what would you say IS too much?
Post 14 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe it is just the way I am wired or something but I drink one cup of coffee in the morning and cant do more... Also I have experienced with TONS of pre workouts and I just can do them... get all fuggin psycho and crazy then crash soooo bad no matter what.. LOL I can go to the gym, get blood flowing and its fucking ON!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO
Post 15 IP   flag post
DETERMINED1 private msg quote post Address this user
anybody ever tried redline?
if not ... try it
Post 16 IP   flag post
340762 16 16
destitute