Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Bench PressChest

Increasing upper chest size3264

brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Guys,

So I know that it is not technically possible to purely isolate the upper chest. But is it possible to recruit more muscle fibers in the upper chest and build a larger upper chest leading on to the front delts?

I have read soooo much conflicting information on this. I personally think that it is not possible to isolate the upper chest, BUT, that by having a chest routine that relies heavily incline dumbbells, incline barbell, incline flyers, cables from the floor - one would be able to shift the balance and recruit more upper chest than a routine that relies heavily on flat bench work...?

Any thoughts would be appreciated ^^
Post 1 IP   flag post
pandasashi private msg quote post Address this user
i agree with you... i think genetics do play a role in it obviously but i do believe that with enough work, you could theoretically pump up the top more than the mid/lower....its funny cuz one of my buddies has a HUGE upper chest and can bench quite a bit while flat or incline but as soon as we get to decline, hes incredibaly week and has a very undevelopped lower chest...same goes for flies, hes useless at those but his upper chest is so massive...i am the complete opposite, my upper lags behind my lower...i can double his weight with flies but he doubles mine with flat/incline....so i deffinately think you can develop diff parts more that others...
Post 2 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandasashi
i agree with you... i think genetics do play a role in it obviously but i do believe that with enough work, you could theoretically pump up the top more than the mid/lower....its funny cuz one of my buddies has a HUGE upper chest and can bench quite a bit while flat or incline but as soon as we get to decline, hes incredibaly week and has a very undevelopped lower chest...same goes for flies, hes useless at those but his upper chest is so massive...i am the complete opposite, my upper lags behind my lower...i can double his weight with flies but he doubles mine with flat/incline....so i deffinately think you can develop diff parts more that others...


HAHA - It's probably good training with him then, you must push harder on all the incline movements.

I envy the bastards with a big upper chest!
Post 3 IP   flag post
BaiTu private msg quote post Address this user
What about the standing barbell press or the arnold press. I think this would do a better job of enlarging the upper chest than the incline bench press.
Post 4 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaiTu
What about the standing barbell press or the arnold press. I think this would do a better job of enlarging the upper chest than the incline bench press.


Yeah - Arnold press is a good idea
Post 5 IP   flag post
MrMailliw private msg quote post Address this user
What would Arnold press do for upper chest? The rotation hits your lateral delt more, not upper chest. Unless you shoulder press on an incline bench...
Post 6 IP   flag post
kospel private msg quote post Address this user
They keys to achieve sexy chest is a low fat-percent. That's why models look so handsome even if they don't bench press 500lbs. Fatty around our bodies affect on everything we look like: abs, chest, delts, biceps... Chest consist of two muscles and you can try to favour incline chest presses to bulk up your upper chest muscle. Normal bench presses has an effect on your every chest muscles. (two muscles)
Post 7 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
^No. Your pectorals major is one muscle. How many times do we have to do this? -EK
Post 8 IP   flag post
igg private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kospel
They keys to achieve sexy chest is a low fat-percent. That's why models look so handsome even if they don't bench press 500lbs. Fatty around our bodies affect on everything we look like: abs, chest, delts, biceps... Chest consist of two muscles and you can try to favour incline chest presses to bulk up your upper chest muscle. Normal bench presses has an effect on your every chest muscles. (two muscles)


Post 9 IP   flag post
pandasashi private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian12
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandasashi
i agree with you... i think genetics do play a role in it obviously but i do believe that with enough work, you could theoretically pump up the top more than the mid/lower....its funny cuz one of my buddies has a HUGE upper chest and can bench quite a bit while flat or incline but as soon as we get to decline, hes incredibaly week and has a very undevelopped lower chest...same goes for flies, hes useless at those but his upper chest is so massive...i am the complete opposite, my upper lags behind my lower...i can double his weight with flies but he doubles mine with flat/incline....so i deffinately think you can develop diff parts more that others...


HAHA - It's probably good training with him then, you must push harder on all the incline movements.

I envy the bastards with a big upper chest!

yeah for sure i do! im not a huge fan of the huge upper chest, it looks kinda funny to me :P he can almost rest ketchup cups on his frigin chest..looks pretty baller with a v-neck tho, i gotta say...
Post 10 IP   flag post
340733 10 10
destitute