Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
PHATProgress PicsProgress UpdateTraining LogTraining Programs

Skullay - PHAT Log3027

alexmuller private msg quote post Address this user
At the moment with contest prep im doing a rolling routine.

We will have to see, there are a few available, but very ameture and novice with few sponsers and prizes etc. So I dont want to work my ass off and go through all cotest prep for little to no reward.

So far in April next year there is a big competition, will give me great time to put on some decent size and work on my weak points etc.
Post 151 IP   flag post
skullay private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmuller
At the moment with contest prep im doing a rolling routine.

We will have to see, there are a few available, but very ameture and novice with few sponsers and prizes etc. So I dont want to work my ass off and go through all cotest prep for little to no reward.

So far in April next year there is a big competition, will give me great time to put on some decent size and work on my weak points etc.

No doubt. Definitely an inspiration, man. I don't really want to compete, but I need to start making moves with this fitness stuff in one capacity or another. Seeing you go for it makes me want to push this shit forward.
Post 152 IP   flag post

Sucks that this is going to be my last week of PHAT for awhile. Still breaking PRs. Did 415 x5 today. My legs hurt but nothing like last week.

I think I'm going to do a strength based routine on my break from PHAT. Possibly WSB, Sheiko, or 531. If I go with something hypertrophy based I might do Matt Ogus' push/pull/legs.

A friend of mine asked to do a repeat shoot of one we did 2 years ago this Saturday. It'll cool to have some comparison of the progress I've made in that time. I'll be sure to post some of the pics here whenever I get them.
Post 153 IP   flag post
dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
Cant wait to see these pics man. Keep up the hard work dude!
Post 154 IP   flag post
rklohe private msg quote post Address this user
Such an inspiration, I look forward to your videos every week! Thank you for keeping me motivated man!
Post 155 IP   flag post

excellent work brother, good luck for new program!
Post 156 IP   flag post
DETERMINED1 private msg quote post Address this user
in4pics 405x5 squats are strong!
Post 157 IP   flag post
Dragonian private msg quote post Address this user
This phat documentary should be famous
Post 158 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwatson
Cant wait to see these pics man. Keep up the hard work dude!

Thanks, man. I was looking at the pics from a couple years back and I've come a good ways since then. Unfortunately, it's nothing like the transformation you've made over the past year. So bear with me. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by rklohe
Such an inspiration, I look forward to your videos every week! Thank you for keeping me motivated man!

Really appreciate it. After the video next week I'll probably just start putting up fitness related videos. The info probably won't be too useful to the guys around here. Mainly just for people I know and facebook friends who are always asking similar questions.

Quote:
excellent work brother, good luck for new program!

Thanks man. You've definitely been a motivating force in my workouts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETERMINED1
in4pics 405x5 squats are strong!

Seriously, before PHAT I would have never thought I would look forward to Leg day. When I come back to the program with a few adjustments I want to make I think I'll be doing something similar with deadlifts. Gotta stop using my being tall as an excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonian
This phat documentary should be famous

hahaha I don't know about all that. Thanks for following my progress though man. It always helps to know you've got people watching and expecting results.
Post 159 IP   flag post
Im sure its on par dude! you have such a great amount of mass
Post 160 IP   flag post
The footage I shot last weekend came out horrible so I need to reshoot this weekend. I'll have the final week's update ASAP.

In the meantime, here's a pic from the revamp shoot I did last weekend.

Post 161 IP   flag post
david12345676 private msg quote post Address this user
Covering up your wheels I see. Otherwise I can clearly see a difference in the upper body!
Post 162 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Huuuuuuuuge Improvement man! You gotta be proud of that!

2010 - Thinks hes a badass
2012 - Is a badass
Post 163 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by david12345676
Covering up your wheels I see. Otherwise I can clearly see a difference in the upper body!

The legs have improved a whole lot since '10. We were trying to replicate the shoot from before. Back then I'd never dare show my legs. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda
Huuuuuuuuge Improvement man! You gotta be proud of that!

2010 - Thinks hes a badass
2012 - Is a badass

lol I actually mentioned that in the video we shot out there. It'll be up soon too.

Very proud, man! But just getting started!
Post 164 IP   flag post

Finally got the final segment of this up.

Gonna miss PHAT for awhile.
Post 165 IP   flag post
In to see how much strength gain you can make in 4 weeks!

Good luck Skullay!
Post 166 IP   flag post
Quote:
In to see how much strength gain you can make in 4 weeks!

Good luck Skullay!

Thanks, man!
WWBB doesn't have nearly as much volume, but you leave the gym feeling like you conquered the world. Every set is a challenge. I think if I had a dedicated spotter I would really be able to make the most of the program.
Post 167 IP   flag post
Good to hear man, yeah PHAT is gonna be a problem for me aswell with a spotter. My training partner has a job now and only gets to train when I have University and vice versa, and dont know anybody els that wants to do PHAT with me. Gonna have to try get a gym bitch to help me bench lol!
Post 168 IP   flag post
Swayz87 private msg quote post Address this user
@skullay

IN4VidsOfGymBitch!!!!

Also about your progress pics...DAMN NUKA!!!!!! You get taller too?? fuark! Look much better!

Good idea with the same type of shoot to show progress!

Keep it up though mayne!!! If you are still hungry for strength Wessst side will def help!!! I'd prob do a Pure Hypo routine after this strength routine though! give your Joints and CNS a break...
Post 169 IP   flag post
Quote:
Good to hear man, yeah PHAT is gonna be a problem for me aswell with a spotter. My training partner has a job now and only gets to train when I have University and vice versa, and dont know anybody els that wants to do PHAT with me. Gonna have to try get a gym bitch to help me bench lol!

Yeah, I did all of PHAT without a partner. Only time I really wanted a spot was for the power chest exercise though. The personal trainers at my gym are always no where to be found whenever I need a spot, and random spotters need a 5 min crash course on not attacking the bar at my slightest hesistation during the lift. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swayz87
@skullay

IN4VidsOfGymBitch!!!!

Also about your progress pics...DAMN NUKA!!!!!! You get taller too?? fuark! Look much better!

Keep it up though mayne!!! If you are still hungry for strength Wessst side will def help!!! I'd prob do a Pure Hypo routine after this strength routine though! give your Joints and CNS a break...

I really need to see where my height is bc a lot of people have been saying I look taller. lol

But thanks for the support! Gonna just start using my phone and getting gym videos like that. You owe us some videos too man! Get that damn cord! lol
Post 170 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullay

Yeah, I did all of PHAT without a partner. Only time I really wanted a spot was for the power chest exercise though. The personal trainers at my gym are always no where to be found whenever I need a spot, and random spotters need a 5 min crash course on not attacking the bar at my slightest hesistation during the lift. lol

Quote:
@skullay

IN4VidsOfGymBitch!!!!

I really need to see where my height is bc a lot of people have been saying I look taller. lol

But thanks for the support! Gonna just start using my phone and getting gym videos like that. You owe us some videos too man! Get that damn cord! lol

LULZ!!! THIS!!!! I HATE when spotters do that!!! Im like FUCK!!! dont you even wanna see muh stuggle face???? hahahaa

But lulz you really do look taller mayne! i dunno what it is! maybe dem muscles getting bigger stretched your body out. : P

DUDE!! picked up the cord yesterday!!!!!

Unfortunately it was a Holliday for us. We get two 4th of julys the 4th and the 24th. 24th is Pioneer day when dem Pioneers settled UTAHPIA!

So ya gym was closed annnndd there was a bunch of shit going on. I'll up load the vids I already took tuhnight! Prob take another one as well!

Did you have someone film you Skull? or you got a stand??? Fuggin 1080p HD lookin shit to BTW! Great vids!
Post 171 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
@skullay

IN4VidsOfGymBitch!!!!

LULZ!!! THIS!!!! I HATE when spotters do that!!! Im like FUCK!!! dont you even wanna see muh stuggle face???? hahahaa

But lulz you really do look taller mayne! i dunno what it is! maybe dem muscles getting bigger stretched your body out. : P

DUDE!! picked up the cord yesterday!!!!!

Unfortunately it was a Holliday for us. We get two 4th of julys the 4th and the 24th. 24th is Pioneer day when dem Pioneers settled UTAHPIA!

So ya gym was closed annnndd there was a bunch of shit going on. I'll up load the vids I already took tuhnight! Prob take another one as well!

Did you have someone film you Skull? or you got a stand??? Fuggin 1080p HD lookin shit to BTW! Great vids!

HTFU! =P
Post 172 IP   flag post
For a couple of the weeks I had someone film me, but most weeks I just put the camera on a tripod. It feels a lot more natural to talk to someone holding the camera though. Looking at the tripod I go into "um.. yeah, you know... um. duhhhh." mode.

I'm going to be in Houston this weekend and have some guys that want to train with me for the day. Gonna get them to take some videos of me on my phone. Still 1080p but they wont come out as clean bc the iphone lens can't mimic the depth of field that my nikon lens has.

Nobody gives a shit about all that anyway though. We just want to see you lift dude!

I need to contact my local officials about getting this pioneer day though. That's badass.
Post 173 IP   flag post
Quote:
For a couple of the weeks I had someone film me, but most weeks I just put the camera on a tripod. It feels a lot more natural to talk to someone holding the camera though. Looking at the tripod I go into "um.. yeah, you know... um. duhhhh." mode.

I'm going to be in Houston this weekend and have some guys that want to train with me for the day. Gonna get them to take some videos of me on my phone. Still 1080p but they wont come out as clean bc the iphone lens can't mimic the depth of field that my nikon lens has.

Nobody gives a shit about all that anyway though. We just want to see you lift dude!

I need to contact my local officials about getting this pioneer day though. That's badass.

Hahahaha Well I give a shit! that vid was CLEAN!!! I need to get mine to come out that trilly! But hahaha oh for sure...they is comin!!!! As well as my response vids! I'm just gunna start responding to shit on the form through video!

LULZ ya man it's a sweet deal! kinda gay it landed on tues this year but hell can't complain about more fireworks!

What do you do anyways Skull?

You out in Texas?
Post 174 IP   flag post
awesome documentary and pictures man! do you have any more dude?
Post 175 IP   flag post
@Swayz87 the photography/video stuff is just a hobby. I'm an electrical engineer. I'm in New Orleans, I just have some friends who recently moved out to Houston and I'm going to check out their spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonian
awesome documentary and pictures man! do you have any more dude?

I only got a few from this last shoot we did. I have a big one coming up in a couple weeks though. Hoping to get a lot of different looks on that one. Here's a couple others from that shoot though.

Post 176 IP   flag post
@skullay HELLA!!! Engineer eh!!!

What kinda stuff you been making?!?!?! Shit I'm gunna go into Chem Engineering!!! Ready to be done with school!!!
Post 177 IP   flag post
I mostly do power and lighting design. So mainly getting power to pumps/motors/etc. I'm actually stationed at a chemical plant right now. Depending where you are chemical engineers can make some serious bank.

I work for a consulting firm and it seems like the mechanical engineers are the ones who end up making the most.
Post 178 IP   flag post
340735 178 28
destitute