Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
PHATProgress PicsProgress UpdateTraining LogTraining Programs

Skullay - PHAT Log3027

skullay private msg quote post Address this user

Finally finished my first official week of PHAT. I was dealing with a collar bone injury that was causing me to skip exercises. This was the first week I didn't have to skip anything at all due to my collar bone.

I'll be updating this thread weekly. Instead of listing all my reps/sets within the post I'll be updating an excel file. If you want to follow along with my progress you should be able to download it here (new link weekly).

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BxO1LMhw1cczcUJ4LWE4QnVHaWc

Alright. So Week 1 is in the books. I weighed in at 189.8lbs. Feels great to be able to do all my exercises. I really missed doing wide grip pull ups. If I can keep up my caloric surpus (currently eating about 3000 cal/day) I think I'll see some really nice gains on this program.

Gonna try to find a way to record me doing some of the exercises in the program. Might be a little tough since I work out alone, but we'll see.
Post 1 IP   flag post
dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
Right on man. You will not be let down if this is taken serious with a good diet. Im curious to see your gains, train hard. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Post 2 IP   flag post
These will have to serve has Before Pics

try to ignore the tat

Thanks @dwatson. I was wondering how long did you wait to switch up your exercises on the Power days?
Post 3 IP   flag post
I actually never switched the power day exercises. I wonder if I should but I never started plateauing so I didn't need too IMO. But i would recommend 3-4 weeks honestly. 

Sent from my iPhone. 
Post 4 IP   flag post

Week 2 is in the books. I really started killing it towards the end of the week. Not sure whether to give credit to adding multivitamins, fish oil, or making sure I met my protein requirements, but it's most likely a combination of all three. Plus, the fact that I started using wrist straps on all my back exercises probably explains the gains there. You can view my week 2 sets/reps here:

Week 2

I'm thinking I'm going to have to increase my calories. Even though I gain strength I'm still the exact same weight as last week. I also started up flag football again this week along with kickball. So that extra cardio from running around is going to have to be compensated for.

Here's some pics.

Going to look like a greek god in 3 months for my 30th bday. This will be the pose. hahaha

Post 5 IP   flag post
MrMailliw private msg quote post Address this user
Great physique, keep us updated with this.
As some constructive criticism you need bigger lat width, everything else is great. Hopefully this program will get you that and improve the muscles that are already well developed.
Post 6 IP   flag post
ectomorph94 private msg quote post Address this user
Bro I don't know what your goals are but you already look pretty damn amazing. No homo. Like william said, I'd just go for more lat width and look like a beast.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMailliw
Great physique, keep us updated with this.
As some constructive criticism you need bigger lat width, everything else is great. Hopefully this program will get you that and improve the muscles that are already well developed.

Thanks! Yeah my lats are definitely something I'm trying to improve. Actually switching up my power movement for back to try and take my arms out of the equation a little more and really focus on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ectomorph94
Bro I don't know what your goals are but you already look pretty damn amazing. No homo. Like william said, I'd just go for more lat width and look like a beast.

Appreciate it man. I'm trying to put on 10lbs of lean muscle by the end of the year. PHAT is definitely making me strong. Hopefully the size comes as a result too.
Post 8 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
Bro your a beast! Keep us updated man. Good video... BTW I am doing phat also!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRorhrbac0808
Bro your a beast! Keep us updated man. Good video... BTW I am doing phat also!

Thanks! I'm definitely a believer in the program. I've been recommending it to everyone who's looking for something new to try.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Yeah brotha. I have gotten a lot of comments since I started. So I guess it is working well. I am going to start a PHAT log here tomorrow
Post 11 IP   flag post
Where are the updates man!?
Post 12 IP   flag post
My bad. Mother's Day messed me up. Going to post up my updated rep/sets tonight with a video. I really want to get some video of me working out. Asking a stranger to spot you is one thing. Asking them to hold a camera is another. lol
Post 13 IP   flag post
alexmuller private msg quote post Address this user
Good size, proportion and definition.

Hit those legs hard, some good squats and stiff leg deadlifts will do the job!!

Good luck!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmuller
Good size, proportion and definition.

Hit those legs hard, some good squats and stiff leg deadlifts will do the job!!

Good luck!

Yeah man. Definitely trying to get my legs and my back to grow. Deadlifts are my best friends these days.
Post 15 IP   flag post

I made it through the 3rd Week of PHAT. Still making gains in strength but my calorie intake has got to increase. Two weeks in a row I've come in at the same weight. I did lose a half inch off my waist though so maybe I'm burning fat and still making muscle? Not likely, so I plan to +500 my calories per day.

You can find my rep/set log here this week.

There's really no point in my posting pics every week since there really isn't much difference. I'm really trying to work on a way to get videos from my actual work out.

Feels good to be getting stronger!
Post 16 IP   flag post
BrettDaniels private msg quote post Address this user
You a film student? Thats some awfully nice update footage quality haha
Post 17 IP   flag post
haha Thanks man. I do a little photography on the side. One of my cameras can record in HD. Trying to get better on the film side.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Christf private msg quote post Address this user
More vids! Very cool, especially if you can get some training videos.

and I agree, there is no point in posting pics every week. It's better to see the before/after pics IMO
Post 19 IP   flag post
Right on man, vids are sick for sure.

You nailed in on the kcals increase though... I plateaud at 183lbs and was eating 4000 cals a day... I upped carbs/fats and started seeing growth... You can do it man.

Tip on getting someone to vid. *Deepen voice* look them in the eye, tell them you were just released from jail, and need them to video or else.... Yeah... = profit.
Post 20 IP   flag post
And to back up what i mean by eating big.....

Equates to 4,680 calories.... the most i've ever eating in one day haha

*I did go paintballing w/ a few buddies today bc one of my good friends is leaving Monday for Basic, so more exercise was done, i did lower power day at noon. I up'd my carb intake by 15-20% to offset the additional cardio
Post 21 IP   flag post
dwatson your a puss man!!!!!! I eat that in one meal!
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwatson

You nailed in on the kcals increase though... I plateaud at 183lbs and was eating 4000 cals a day... I upped carbs/fats and started seeing growth... You can do it man.

Tip on getting someone to vid. *Deepen voice* look them in the eye, tell them you were just released from jail, and need them to video or else.... Yeah... = profit.

Whoa! Yeah, I'm definitely not eating enough. It might be bc of age but it seems like I'm maintaining my weight at 190 eating about 3000kcals/day. Gonna up to 3500 and see what happens. I was going to increase everything though (more protein, fat, and carbs, but there's really no point in going past the 1.2g/bodyweight that I'm doing now.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullay
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwatson

Whoa! Yeah, I'm definitely not eating enough. It might be bc of age but it seems like I'm maintaining my weight at 190 eating about 3000kcals/day. Gonna up to 3500 and see what happens. I was going to increase everything though (more protein, fat, and carbs, but there's really no point in going past the 1.2g/bodyweight that I'm doing now.

Well this is over simplification, on a bulk, i fully believe there is.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Damn. I thought you just upped your carbs. Alright, I'll keep my percentages the same. lol
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Damn. I thought you just upped your carbs. Alright, I'll keep my percentages the same. lol

How many grams per body weight are you gettin per macro?
Post 26 IP   flag post
When I thought I didn't need to increase protein I was going to switch to a 25/50/25 p/c/f ratio. Which had me at

1.15g of protein/lb
2.3g of carb/lb
.51g of fat/lb

and a total of 3500kcal/day.

Going to go back to my 30/50/20 ratio though.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
When I thought I didn't need to increase protein I was going to switch to a 25/50/25 p/c/f ratio. Which had me at

1.15g of protein/lb
2.3g of carb/lb
.51g of fat/lb

and a total of 3500kcal/day.

Going to go back to my 30/50/20 ratio though.

Right now im doing 25/50/25 @ 1.4g protien, 2.8g carbs, .61g fats.

For you i would recommend increasing carbs & protein a bit. You weren't to far off
Post 28 IP   flag post
Yes. DO Dwatsons Macros!!!! You will profit for sure!
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRorhrbac0808
Yes. DO Dwatsons Macros!!!! You will profit for sure!

Speaking from expirence??? or.... lol
Post 30 IP   flag post
340732 178 30
destitute