Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Bench PressChestProgress Update

THE DETERMINED1'S SEMI-EPIC QUEST TO 3152869

DETERMINED1 private msg quote post Address this user
i have been lifting since 2008 and my goal was always to bench 225 10 times... i got that down so now my goal to hit 315, just once.
i hit a 275 pr the other day and i really feel like this goal is now actually within reach.
all i need now is the help and support of all you simplyshredded cunts as i continue my not so epic but still pretty epic semi-epic quest to 315.

i will also be updating progress in my form check thread here.
for more information on the techniques i will be applying to reach my goal click here
Post 1 IP   flag post
dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
Right on man. FYI, get some music playing! Nothing pumps you up more then your favorite song blaring!

Good luck bro
Post 2 IP   flag post
Christf private msg quote post Address this user
Will be following this one. You got this, no problem.

For form check, don't listen to the noobs over at bodybuilding.com. You want to learn how to bench? Watch these videos about 100 times.

Post 3 IP   flag post
OhhLoLo private msg quote post Address this user
isnt that more for powerlifters?

i was taught to keep my back flat, feet flat, butt flat.

it almost looks painful to watch him curl his body into that form.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Popeye25 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhhLoLo
isnt that more for powerlifters?

i was taught to keep my back flat, feet flat, butt flat.

it almost looks painful to watch him curl his body into that form.

powerlifter tuck there elbows in and arch back to make themselves more powerful . they use the strongest muscle in the lift ie ur chest and not a lot of delts and tris like the bros do so the powerlifting style bench is probabaly effective in bodybuilding too
Post 5 IP   flag post
Christf private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye25

powerlifter tuck there elbows in and arch back to make themselves more powerful . they use the strongest muscle in the lift ie ur chest and not a lot of delts and tris like the bros do so the powerlifting style bench is probabaly effective in bodybuilding too

It's the complete opposite man. If you tell a powerlifter the bench press is a chest exercise they will laugh and spit in your face, then walk away.

OhhLolo: Yeah that's the powerfliting way of doing it. It can add 5-10lbs to your bench right off the bat too. Much better on the shoulders
Post 6 IP   flag post
Popeye25 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye25

It's the complete opposite man. If you tell a powerlifter the bench press is a chest exercise they will laugh and spit in your face, then walk away.

OhhLolo: Yeah that's the powerfliting way of doing it. It can add 5-10lbs to your bench right off the bat too. Much better on the shoulders

its a full body lift ur right but bodybuilders take and use a similar style of benching just not completely as in u dnt see bbs arching there back to the point that there range of motion is a couple of inches
Post 7 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
-- With out reading the above--
Things I would personally do (You don't have to):
1) Blair some sick kunt music
2) wear basketball/gym shorts
3) yell PROTEIN before your set and Profit like money
Post 8 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
Besides that..... Beast lifts brah!!!!
Post 9 IP   flag post
DETERMINED1 private msg quote post Address this user
@Christf have watched those videos before but i decided to watch them all over again as you suggested...i am working on the leg drive part but am having trouble on the bench set at home because it is so high off the ground, the one at the gym is a like a foot shorter and i can lift much better on it.

@OhhLoLo i was originally taught the same way but arching the back really have improved my lift tremendously.

@SRorhrbac0808 probably the best advice i have recieved thus far, thank you.

@thoseofyoucuntsthatareevenfollowingthisshit i hit 275x3 today with a spotter that said he didnt touch the bar,he actually was telling me to go for one more but i wasnt feeling it and didnt want to go to failure. and of course i FELT like he was touching it...just having someone there seems to make it feel easier i guess . weird how that works.
Post 10 IP   flag post
340609 10 10
destitute