Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CuttingNewbiePHATTraining Programs

Cutting Programme2609

jamieboy22 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey folks,

New to the forum.

I have now moved onto my cutting diet, after three months of bulking. I have nailed my diet. Going with a carb cycle.

However,

Im not sure what sort of programme i could follow?

Any tips/advice would be great
Post 1 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
Have you considered PHAT? It is the most popular workout on this board. It should work fine even if you're cutting.

http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-feature-layne-norton-training-series-full-powerhypertrophy-routine-updated-2011.html
Post 2 IP   flag post
ive read that, however, me only being a beginner, i cant get my head around it. :S
Post 3 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
I'm a firm believer that almost any program can be used to cut- that's more about diet and cardio. Find a beginner 3 day or 4 day split online. -EK
Post 4 IP   flag post
Ive got a good programme that i was using for my bulking, if i was placing in some cardio, should the effects be effective for cutting?
Post 5 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Post it up- let's have a look. -EK
Post 6 IP   flag post
1 Barbell deadlift 3 sets 8 reps
2 dumbell flat press 3 sets 8 reps
3 dumbell incline press 3 sets 8 reps
4 Lateral pulldown 3 sets 8 reps
5 pull ups 3 sets failure
6 Arnold press 3 sets 8 reps

Thats the first 4 week programme i used when bulking, then changed it up, for another 4 weeks, then final weeks a different programme.

Could i incorporate cardio in there to result in effective cutting?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Programme two:

1 Dumbbell inc press 5 sets 10 reps
2 dumbell flat press 3 sets 10 reps
3 lateral pulldown 5 sets 10 reps
4 seated row 3 sets 10 reps
5 barbell biceps curl 3 sets 10 reps
6 Tricep pressdown 3 set 10 reps

or..... i was going to follow this...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ryan-hughes-cutting-program.html
Post 8 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
I'm not following your split. Did you do this every day? Twice a week? Where's legs?? I believe the workout you linked is too advanced for your current level. I'd go with something closer to the following: http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dougs-4-day-split-workout.html -EK
Post 9 IP   flag post
first programme four days a week for 4 weeks, and the gains i saw were good. I have legs on a seperate programme.
Post 10 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Start from scratch. You can't do the same thing four days a week. The gains you got were likely because you were new to training, but generally a proper split does just that- splits the body parts up so they are ALL covered during a given week, and not on any consecutive days. Did you look at the link I set up? -EK
Post 11 IP   flag post
Yeah, thats a possibility i guess, the last week or so ive been doing split training, targetting specific muscles, and ive really felt it afterwards.

Yeah i did, i like the look of that, i could stick to that, and it seems simple enough to stick to aswell. That combined with my diet should see effective results? I need effective results essentially by june 5th. Holiday time.
Post 12 IP   flag post
That link is for building muscle? I need to cut fat off and maintain muscle. I know i cant build it the same time.

Im sure you know better than i do? Have i misunderstood, will this still provide me with adequate fat loss?
Post 13 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
As I said, any good routine can be used on a cut, because losing fat is more about diet and cardio. Many people use the PHAT program here (and personally, I would advise that one as well), but you did not seem to want to do that, so I offered a simpler alternative. Ideally, you still want to lift as heavy as you can, as if you were trying to build, in order to maintain and keep any muscle loss to a minimum. -EK
Post 14 IP   flag post
Thanks,

I just didnt seem to understand the PHAT one, being a beginner.
Post 15 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
What specific questions do you have? Perhaps we can help you out. -EK
Post 16 IP   flag post
I just dont understand some of the "jargon" behind PHAT. I.e some of the exercises, whats hypertrophy? It all seems very complicated. Why cant i just go running for an hour each day lol. Much simpler haha. Although i know its not all so simple.
Post 17 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Hypertrophy refers to muscle growth. A muscle can only do two things: grow (hypertrophy) or shrink (atrophy). -EK
Post 18 IP   flag post
340737 18 18
destitute