Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Jusu private msg quote post Address this user
Need to make this thread 'cause I didn't find one with the answer.

So should I do abs while training PHAT? And where to put 'em 'cause every workout seems pretty long without any additions... Should I go to gym on one of those two rest days and do some ab circuit? And day number 7 would be the best 'cause abs don't work so much while doing upper body exercises than doing lower body...

But so, are abs necessary or do they get hit even if I wouldn't train them?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Shadow private msg quote post Address this user
I have spoken to Layne about this and he suggested doing it on days off...

I told him I cbf going to the gym on my day off to just do abs and if I did, would prob end up doing a full workout which would ruin recovery, which is obviously not a good idea.

Throw em in at the end of your hypertrophy days as they are shorter workouts. I do mine usually twice a week on the back end of my lower body days. I find it helps stabilize my core after all the deads/squats etc.

To answer your final question: Yes, ab training is necessary!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jusu private msg quote post Address this user
Okay, so if I can go there six days a week without problem and stick in the routine it is okay to do them on days off.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Popeye25 private msg quote post Address this user
@shadow when and where the fuck did u speak with layne norton? real life r online?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Shadow private msg quote post Address this user
Online man... He's a really cool guy. Very direct with his answers too, if you say something dumb he'll be straight up with you about it lol

@Jusu - Yeah man days off are perfect for it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Popeye25 private msg quote post Address this user
howd u speak with him online? that would be unreal
Post 6 IP   flag post
seansm10 private msg quote post Address this user
he basically has his own forum. and iirc he posts on bb.com as well
Post 7 IP   flag post
340734 7 7
destitute