Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
salvati5 private msg quote post Address this user
What's the most effective way to pack size onto ones chest. My upper chest is actually decent. Most guys struggle there.

For me it's the lower chest size. Typical dips aren't an option at my shit gym so...

SUGGESTIONS....
Post 1 IP   flag post
dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
Do some more dumbbell work. Throw some decline in there also.

FYI, you may get raped from some guys on the forum for saying 'upper chest', 'lower chest' but im not going to take time to discuss the difference.

Read here.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I know I know all about it. Just saying a lot of guys say their upper chest isn't as developed. What I'm saying is my upper chest is probably bigger than most, while my lower lacks.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I've always believed in Dumbbell presses, flat and decline.
Post 4 IP   flag post
alexmuller private msg quote post Address this user
I never do any decline. Incline DB, Flat bench, weighted dips, cable fly/crossover. All you need to hit the chest all over
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmuller
I never do any decline. Incline DB, Flat bench, weighted dips, cable fly/crossover. All you need to hit the chest all over

This is a prime example of it really doesn't matter as long as you work your chest just as hard as any muscle group lol
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwatson
Quote:

This is a prime example of it really doesn't matter as long as you work your chest just as hard as any muscle group lol

Second that!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Second that!

While were on the chest topic, whats your 1RM currently -- this goes to anyone also
Post 8 IP   flag post
297LB for 1 rep
Post 9 IP   flag post
Nice brah. Did 275x4 which equates to 300x1. Not sure how exact those calculators are. But here soon i will max out again.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Nice brah. Did 275x4 which equates to 300x1. Not sure how exact those calculators are. But here soon i will max out again.

Good job, yeah it all depends from person to person I guess. I rather just try 1RM to get an accurate estimation. I can squat 396 for 8 reps. But according to the calculator my 1RM would be 492. But my 1RM for squat is around 450lb. SO all depends per person but rather just do the 1RM and know for sure.
Post 11 IP   flag post
ectomorph94 private msg quote post Address this user
Decline DB press along with some cables exercise should do the trick.

Im looking to develop my upper chest but I read the huge thread by EK about inclines being indifferent when wanting to achieve this. Is there ANY exercise that one of you can recommend that focuses on the upper chest (even though I know that scientifically the chest is just one muscle)?
Post 12 IP   flag post
seansm10 private msg quote post Address this user
so even though you just said yourself that all chest exercises are indifferent, youre asking for a different chest exercise? if you go to a supp store that carrys time machines you might be able to go back 17 years and rewire your genetics somehow
Post 13 IP   flag post
I guess a lot of it has to do with genetics.

I used to do weighted dips religiously However the gym I'm currently at doesn't have a dip station.

Anyone have any exercises that are similar to a dip?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Dukenhiemer private msg quote post Address this user
Bench dips, put some plates on your lap and rep that shit out.
Post 15 IP   flag post
You feel that in your chest? I'll give it a shot.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Dukenhiemer private msg quote post Address this user
You'll feel it in the bottom of your chest, play with your where you put your hands and you'll feel it target different muscles.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Zwalk private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Second that!

Third that.

&& Last time I benched & maxed I hit 270 I believe.

It would be more now, my powerlifting spread is like 225x5 - 245x3 two times through in terms of flat bench (I usually do a 5th set as well)

1RM Calc with 245x4 puts me at 274.4

Not too bad for a 173 pound dude imo, I'll max out next week
Post 18 IP   flag post
I will try bench dips.
Post 19 IP   flag post
340624 19 19
destitute