Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CardioDiet AdviceFailLOLMisc.

Thumbs Down Education2520

hurricane92 private msg quote post Address this user
So my girlfriend told me (tried telling me) today that the stationary bike that has the hand pedals, and is supposed to be used for handicapped individuals, is actually "really" good for you, and that her 'Health Science' professor told her so. She said this is "because your upper body needs cardio". I told her weightlifting is actually a form of high-intensity cardio, she said her professor told her that cardio is only when you are constantly moving and you do not stop......

By this point I just about had it, and it really irritated me how these professors went to college 30+ years ago and preach all of these old beliefs that were backed by now out-dated science. This same professor made the class watch this video that essentially preached how bad meat was for you and that all you should eat are vegetables. She also claims that only 1-2% of your diet should be made up of fats, and that 90% or more of it should be made up of carbs. I really wish I could meet this woman just to chew her damn ear off. People like this are the reason America is full of obese people, who then have kids that follow their eating habits and become obese.

So glad I have not had any professors like this, I would have a hard time sitting through one of their lectures without ripping their head off halfway through.

Anybody else have any idiot professors like this?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Peter private msg quote post Address this user
thts some of the stupidest shit ive ever heard... how are they teaching?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Zwalk private msg quote post Address this user
It just irritates me when Professors teach biased new age shit. It's on fucking documentaries and not in text books cause it's not supposed to be getting taught to the youth yet. Why do you think that is? Because it's not concrete enough.

And as far as idiot professors go, I'm in a Sociology of Gender class. Second day of class she says 'This class should actually be named Feminist Sociology"

And as far as meat being bad for you...Try eating a Paleo diet for a month, hell, even a week. All those gastrointestinal problems they relate meat to go away. Funny because all you do is eat meat, fruit, vegetables, and unprocessed grain...

#losing.
Post 3 IP   flag post
seansm10 private msg quote post Address this user
LOL^

also, yes. my english teacher just youtubes stuff and goes on random rants. somehow grammar lessons turn into topics about government or wars in africa. only god can help me with my final exam worth 40% of my grade. cya A in that class
Post 4 IP   flag post
Zwalk private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by seansm10
LOL^

also, yes. my english teacher just youtubes stuff and goes on random rants. somehow grammar lessons turn into topics about government or wars in africa. only god can help me with my final exam worth 40% of my grade. cya A in that class

Oh god you have one of those? I had an American History teacher, like pre 1950's shit back in my Sophomore year in college and all he used to talk about was like how corrupt the school system was and that we weren't being taught to our skillset, meanwhile he wasn't teaching.

It's like, rad dude, we all agree with you now what the hell is on the test?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter
thts some of the stupidest shit ive ever heard... how are they teaching?

Probably because they were hired 30 years back, back when this stuff made sense because there was no science behind it
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwalk
It just irritates me when Professors teach biased new age shit. It's on fucking documentaries and not in text books cause it's not supposed to be getting taught to the youth yet. Why do you think that is? Because it's not concrete enough.

And as far as idiot professors go, I'm in a Sociology of Gender class. Second day of class she says 'This class should actually be named Feminist Sociology"

And as far as meat being bad for you...Try eating a Paleo diet for a month, hell, even a week. All those gastrointestinal problems they relate meat to go away. Funny because all you do is eat meat, fruit, vegetables, and unprocessed grain...

#losing.

Ya, exactly. I'm not one for documentaries, about the only one I agree with is 'Bigger, Faster, Stronger'.

God, I'd punch that bitch in her face. I can't stand these pompous feminist cunts, they're worse than anybody...

Ya, exactly, all I did last summer was eat meat and vegetables and drink water and I felt healthier than I ever have in my entire life. Its the carbs that people eat in today's society, like white breads, sodas, and processed pastries and shit.
Post 7 IP   flag post
seansm10 private msg quote post Address this user
pretty much - he has legal access to marijuana. whether he uses it in small, or moderate doses, i think over the years its just kinda messed with his head. im not making fun of him or disgracing his use for it. but it negatively impacts me and thats a real bitch. yeah my physics teacher is cool but he sometimes gets out of hand and in depth on my provinces teacher strike, which sort of revolves around politics (they arent allowed to do that) hes fairly opinionated, makes himself look a little smarter than he is (doing same course for years, so he can do all the head math to new students and look genius))...so his opinion is kind of influential in the sense that he turns people for or against the strike regardless of if theyve read the bill outlining what the teachers are asking for

shit that was a lot to write...its hard to put complaints into short text
Post 8 IP   flag post
knockout2281 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane92
This same professor made the class watch this video that essentially preached how bad meat was for you and that all you should eat are vegetables.

The video was probably "Forks Over Knives". It's a documentary that shows the correlation between a meat high diet and an increase in cancer precursors. I actually thought it was really interesting. The point of the video wasn't to not eat meat though. It was more focused on avoiding processed foods. They legit had subjects move to a whole foods diet and within a few months they were off all medications, dropped weight, and some even had their diabetes cured. Realistically for the average person, a lower amount of protein from meats and higher from plant based foods would probably be beneficial and feasible, but when you need to get 200+ grams of protein a day, eating meat makes life a lot easier.I'd recommend giving it a watch, worst case scenario is that you don't agree with it.
Post 9 IP   flag post
340740 9 9
destitute