Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
DeadliftPHATSplit Advice

Deadlift Strength2437

IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
@dwatson the tat on Dukenhiemers back is in irish and by my Irish skills it says hope strength.
Post 26 IP   flag post
dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishGymSheep
@dwatson the tat on Dukenhiemers back is in irish and by my Irish skills it says hope strength.

Ah okay thanks for clarifying.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Dukenhiemer private msg quote post Address this user
You're correct!
After I graduated high school I went through really bad depression, I was hospitalized and all that fun stuff. Two years later, I'm a much better person for it.
When I was going through all the junk that was my one thought, "There is always hope." And working out became my best friend. So, I put the two together in a tattoo that meant something to me.
As for the irish part of it, I'm 100% Irish so I just chose that for my heritage sake. I've been obsessed with all things Irish for quite some time now...
Post 28 IP   flag post
Don't learnt he language anyway it's dieing so hard, no one speaks it even here.

And even if it is spoken english words are mixed in by native speakers.

Try check out early Irish history like the coming of christianity to Ireland is quite interesting.
Post 29 IP   flag post
jeeza_1234 private msg quote post Address this user
Not doing deadlifts in a workout routine is like taking a shit and not wiping yo ass.

Basically from my own experience deadlift light and like any other muscle as time goes by if your form is proper... you will increase your strength.

DeadLifts
Squat racks
Bench presses

3 keywork outs
Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeza_1234
Not doing deadlifts in a workout routine is like taking a shit and not wiping yo ass.

Do explain how it is like this.

If I don;t deadlift I will smell?
I'm rather confused sir.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Corkey private msg quote post Address this user
Dude a Squat rack is a piece of equipment not an exercise isnt it
Post 32 IP   flag post
Dukenhiemer private msg quote post Address this user
Aye, my great grandparent on both my mom and dads side of the family came over in the great potato famine. My grandpa was huge into genealogy and has my family tree back like twenty generations.
Going to Ireland is on my bucket list, talking about going with my twin when we graduate from college.
Post 33 IP   flag post
varunj17 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Guys....
Post 34 IP   flag post
acxonline private msg quote post Address this user
I just started deadlifts about a month ago. I had a great gym partner who would correct me on every rep.

Common mistakes I made, and how I corrected them:

1. Used too much lowerback and not enough legs. So, I got my form down by letting the barbell roll across my shins and knees(I wear long socks and pants for this).

2. The barbell rolled over my crotch(not pleasant), so I moved my arms closer in. the width should be different for everyone. I put my ring finger around the ring of the barbell because it's how I'd bench, which is not the same in most cases.

3. My grip would loosen or slip, then I used chalk.

My deadlift went from 135 to 275 in 3 weeks. When I first started I used to much lower back that 135 almost disabled me to walk. When I put up 275, I wasn't half as sore, thanks to improved form.
Post 35 IP   flag post
I'd be pretty terrified about anyone letting a newbie add 150 pounds to a lift in 3 weeks tbh just seems like way too much.
Post 36 IP   flag post
I reached 225, gradually, and my partner did 275 on his last rep, then was about to clean up. I interrupted him and said, "I wanna go for it.", and I did it. He tried to talk me out of it, but I did it anyways.

I know it was dumb and could have ended up catastrophic, but luckily it ended up boosting my morale.
Post 37 IP   flag post
That's a horrific idea, you should be really thankful you didn't injure yourself and find whatever it is about you that made you do that and work on it because if you do things like this you will get hurt.
Post 38 IP   flag post
yeah, like I said, I know it was dumb.
Post 39 IP   flag post
340764 39 14
destitute