Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Kyle0910 private msg quote post Address this user
SO I was currently looking up the interviews here on simply shredded and came across this beast of a man Adam Charlton who is completly ripped as shit. Of course he is not natural but his routine is fairly simple:

Mon- Chest/Calves
Tues- Back/Abs
Wed- Legs
Thurs-Sholders/Hams/Abs
Fri-Arms/Abs

Since this is a man on roids he has unnatural recovery time and is able to do this routine which is not a very incredibly hard routine. I really like this routine and would love to do this but am not sure if its a great idea considering im natural. Any ideas? I would also like everyone to post their split to see what you all are doing so i can get a good idea what works for you. Or should i just go ahead and do the wonderfully praised PHAT program? Heard great thing about it.
Post 1 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
Bro you should open your mind some.... Yes, it is true this guy is ripped to the bone and has great size.. But you can for sure get like that and be all natural... It is a little something called "hard work"..... There are tons of dudes like that who do not juice.
Post 2 IP   flag post
http://www.dougmillerpro.com/training.html

^That dude gets drug tested and is all natural....
Post 3 IP   flag post
Just don't put limitations on what you think you can achieve.. Eat like a hoss and you will recover fine. Im out
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thor private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5 IP   flag post
Haha I don't think I cannot achieve a body like that eventually I'm just currently on a cut right now and don't have the calories to recover as well as I could. That's why I'm asking. Probably should have added that from the start.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thor private msg quote post Address this user
It doesn't really matter what programme you choose. As long as you get sufficient rest, it's fine.

I think a further thing to note is that whilst working muscles 2x a week does produce the best results in terms of muscle growth, the effectiveness of that routine will diminish the longer you are training - at least, relative to training bodyparts singularly per week. This is because as you approach your natural mass limits, the growth of muscle slows to the extent where additional training (i.e. 2x week) will yield only marginally better results.

I've found, no matter the mix between frequency/volume/intensity, training large muscle groups more than 1xweek is just something my joints etc cannot handle.
Post 7 IP   flag post
AKK private msg quote post Address this user
me - lower
me - upper
repitition - lower
repitition - upper

major movements for this three weeks are

good mornings/rackpulls from knee height

and for upper

OHP, goal by the end 3-4 weeks is to hit between 140-155 on OHP, currently its 125x2

ohp/weighted pullups are the major movements for upper

just for 3-4 weeks then Im going back to rotating deads and squats light/heavy every ME day for 4 weeks

blah blah blah

Essentially its the max effort/conjugated method with repitition days because I dislike doing speed work.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Sounds like a good routine. And thanks for the information on working muscles twice a week. I think i might try the routine for a little while.
Post 9 IP   flag post
340762 9 9
destitute