Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
PHATTraining Log

Layne norton program... My log..2368

dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishGymSheep
Thing is it's more about fatigue than anything else, you werent confident with the spotter and you were OMGWTFBBQ and freaked out probably expending a shit ton of energy.

Atleast you got clean reps better than if the spotter pushed too ahrd and turned it intoa team building exercise like the BB bench guys that have their friends row it off them.

Reps+, very good points here.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Jelet private msg quote post Address this user
song of the day...

Day 2: Lower Body Power Day

Pressing Power Movement: Leg press
3 sets of 3-5 reps.. 415lbs..5..425lbs...5.. 430lbs..5.. (MAX IS 425 LBS... ON THE LEG PRESS MACHINE, I MAXED OUT BABIES.. I JUST PUT A 5LB PLATE ON TOP OF THE STACK OF WEIGHTS.... FUUUARK!!!!!)
Assistance pressing movement: Hack Squats
2 sets of 6-10 reps. Did not do.
Assistance extension movement: Leg extensions
2 sets of 6-10 reps... 215lbs..9..8..
Assistance pulling movement: seated leg curl machine.
3 sets of 5-8 reps... 200lbs 8..8..8...
Assistance pulling/curling movement: Glute ham raises or lying leg curls
2 sets of 6-10 reps... 130 lbs.. 9..7...
Auxiliary calf movement: Standing calf raise
3 sets of 6-10 reps. did not do. ran out of time lol.
Auxiliary calf movement: Seated calf raise
2 sets of 6-10 reps 85lbs... 7...7
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishGymSheep
Thing is it's more about fatigue than anything else, you werent confident with the spotter and you were OMGWTFBBQ and freaked out probably expending a shit ton of energy.

Atleast you got clean reps better than if the spotter pushed too ahrd and turned it intoa team building exercise like the BB bench guys that have their friends row it off them.
nah bro, i wasted all my energy trying to push the weight up and lost all my strength.

the other days, my spotter would help me get the weight up on the first rep (but i wuold not count the rep of course. i only count the ones i do 100% on my own)

also today i pigged out, i did it not for the taste but to get my calories in and to hit my macro so i can go to bed early. i feel very guilty and feel like crap. i dont think im going to have a cheat meal this weekend to make up for it... fuuark!!!
Post 28 IP   flag post
day 4.
back and shoulder hypertropgy

Day 4: Back and Shoulders Hypertrophy Day

Pulling Power Exercise speed work: Bent over
rows
6 sets of 3 reps with 65-70% of normal 3-5 rep max.. i did 115lbs for 6, 5, 3, 3, 3, 3 reps.

Hypertrophy pulling movement: Rack chins
3 sets of 8-12 reps. didnt do. ran out of time... =/

Hypertrophy pulling movement: Seated cable row
3 sets of 8-12 reps 150lbs. 12... 170 lbs 9... 8...(SAME AS BEFORE) i felt like i could do more, but i didnt want to go past failure.. i wanted to go all i can do with good form. i could do 96% rom for like 6 more reps. but i stop at perfect form....

Hypertrophy pulling movement: Dumbbell rows or shrugs bracing upper body against an incline bench
2 sets of 12-15 reps.... 50lbs...12...12

Hypertrophy pulling movement: Close grip pulldowns
2 sets of 15-20 reps 110 lbs.. 20, 20
Hypertrophy shoulder movement: Seated dumbbell presses
3 sets of 8-12 reps 45lbs.. 12...12..12
Hypertrophy shoulder movement: Upright rows
2 sets of 12-15 reps 30lbs.. 13..12
Hypertrophy shoulder movement: Side lateral raises machine
3 sets of 12-20 reps 45lbs..20...18...15

overall thoughts: i feel i could have done more for my cable rows, but that would be past failure, i would not bring the bar to my chest.... it would stop like 4 inches short. iuno, maybe next time on my last set, i will go crzy and go all out if i dont see me progressing. maybe i will need that extra boost... we wiill have to see.....
Post 29 IP   flag post
day 5... leg hypertropgy.. (:X)
Lower Body Power Exercise speed work: i dont do this...

Hypertrophy pressing movement: Hack squats
3 sets of 8-12 reps, didnt do(no flexibility)
Hypertrophy pressing movement: Leg press machine
2 sets of 12-15 reps. 360lbs..15..15...
Hypertrophy extension movement: Leg extensions
3 sets of 15-20 reps... 115lbs...20...17...13(no progress on this.. i could do more, but it wont be 100% rom. it wont fully extend... i dont go to failure, so i dont. i stop when i cant do anymore with good form.. i dont try to give me an extra boost to failure...)
Hypertrophy pulling movement: Romanian deadlifts
3 sets of 8-12 reps.. ran out of time. didnt get time to do it
Hypertrophy curling movement: Lying leg curls
2 sets of 12-15 reps. 90lbs..15...15...
Hypertrophy curling movement: Seated leg curls
2 sets of 15-20 reps.. 105...20..120lbs.. 20... ( wow been seeing some good strength gains from this)
Hypertrophy calf movement: Donkey calf raises
4 sets of 10-15 reps. 115LBS. I did this, but my phone died. so i dont remember... the stats

Hypertrophy calf movement: Seated calf raises
3 sets of 15-20 reps... 25LBS.. forgot the reps... my phone died.... couldnt tract it...
Post 30 IP   flag post

Overall thoughts: I seem to be progressing slowly on this day.. SLOWLY... but surely.... just very slow... I have come to the conclusion that this can be many reasons.. on the weekend is when i have cheatmeals... and also i get 6 hours of sleep always on sunday. because i work nights on weekdays then my job has me working early on the weekend...

also i wake up in the morning and all i have is a bowl of grapes or bananna before hitting the gym... if i eat to much, i will throw it up.... (Serious)

anyways heres the log for today...

Day 6: Chest and Arms Hypertrophy Day

Pressing Power Exercise speed work: Flat dumbbell presses
6 sets of 3 reps with 65-70% of normal 3-5 rep max

60LBS.. 6 SETS OF 3 I DID... EXPLODED IT LIKE A BOSS AGAIN. AND I LAUGH AT LITTLE TINY SHITS STARING ME DOWN. BECAUSE I WOULD EXPLODE IT AND DO 3 REPS... 6 TIMES.. THEY STARE ME DOWN.. WONDERING WHAT I AM DOING... SILLY NEWBS... HAHAHA U A TINY CUNT. IS WHAT I THINK INSIDE MY HEAD... U MAD? but next week i gotta bump it up to 65s. because i have so much momentum when going up at 60's that its feels wierd. like i go superfast than my arm stops /i lock out. gotta bump the weight...

Hypertrophy pressing movement: Incline dumbbell presses
3 sets of 8-12 reps.65 LBS... 10...10...9 (ONLY 1 REP INCREASE...... BUT ITS OK. IT GIVES ME MORE MOTIVATION TO EAT NUTRITIOUS FOODS!!! AND EAT LIKE AN ANIMAL TO BETTER MYSELF.... FOR NEXT WEEKS WORKOUT.... )

Hypertrophy pressing movement: Hammer strength chest press
3 sets of 12-15 reps.. DID 45LB PLATE EACH SIDE3 SETS OF 12. SAME STATS.... (YES MAD.... )
Hypertrophy fly movement: Incline cable flyes
2 sets of 15-20 reps.. 30 LBS 20...20(PROGRESSION BABY....)
Hypertrophy curling exercise: Cambered bar preacher curls
3 sets of 8-12 reps 32.LBS BOTH SIDES... 11..9...6...

I think it was the same as last time? fk i lost track of my reps in the last set because some kid that i was nice to tried talking to me when i was in the middle of my last set. like wtf. who tries to talk to u when u are in the middle of a set. fucker got me distracted!!!!!! so not sure if i progressed or not... !!!!!
Hypertrophy curling exercise: Dumbbell concentration curls
2 sets of 12-15 reps... 20lbs 15 reps for both sets and arms...
Hypertrophy curling exercise: Spider curls bracing upper body against an incline bench
2 sets of 15-20 reps.. 20 reps on both sets and arms with 15lbs. felt like nothing, but some reason i get very fatigued with higher reps. so i feel this is just what i needed to get me going baby!!!

Hypertrophy extension exercise: Seated tricep extension with cambered bar
3 sets of 8-12 reps. WAS RUNNING OUT OF TIME.. DIDNT DO...

Hypertrophy extension exercise: Cable pressdowns with rope attachment
2 sets of 12-15 reps. I DID THIS,BUT IT WAS HARD TO JUDGE BECAUSE SOME LITTLE CUNT WAS USING THE ROPE . SO I USED VBAR ON OTHER ONE..... WHICH MAKES ME DO MORE WEIGHT. SO I DIDNT TRACK IT...
Hypertrophy extension exercise: Cable kickbacks
2 sets of 15-20 reps.

felt very wierd. gotta research more for this exercise... because i can possibiliy doing it wrong. i get sting feeling at the top of the rep.... wtf ...

FUUUARKK!!!!
Post 31 IP   flag post

Post 32 IP   flag post
i actually found old pics that i have posted before.. this is what happens when you eat 1.5 cups of oats and a little bit of chicken before going to the gym at 7-8 am...(and i had this meal 1 hour before heading to the gym. after my deadlifts, i remember walking to my car feeling light headed and blam. throw up everywhere)

which is y i dont like to workout in the morning. i need food in my stomach that has been digested already and ready to be used by my energy... (2 hours preworkout meal. sometimes even 3 hours..) and when working out before my job at 7-8 am... ill have to wake up at like 5 am. and that aint happening lol. unless i get little ammount of sleep hours...

Post 33 IP   flag post
EXCELLENT WORKOUT!! EXCELLENT EXCELLENT WORKOUT!! THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I HAVE A MENTALLY STABLE SPOTTER. EXCELLENT WORKOUT. FUCK YEAH BABY.!!! LAYNE NORTON IS A GENIUS, HIS PROGRAM IS SO DAMN GOOD. I AM SEEING FASTER GAINS THAN I DID ON ANY EVER PROGRAM I EVER BEEN ON. (sTRENGTH WISE)

AND KEEP IN MIND... when i say spotter, i mean, the spotter helps me get the dumbbells up on the first rep (WHICH I DONT COUNT) and then from there, he does not touch me at all. i do 5 reps up and down without him touching me with good form..

so dont think that i had a spotter that helped me with the reps...

anyways, my phone died when idid dumbbell shoulder press. i really should make sure its fully charged before going to the gym Lol.

But i do remember doing 90lb dumbbell flat press for 3 sets of 5!!!!

when just last week i did 90lbs for 3 sets of 2-3 because of shitty spotting making me waste all my energy on the first rep !!!!!

but the week before i did 5,3,3, as reps.. but come on now brahs.

3 SETS OF 5.. ALL ME BABY! CAN U BELIEVE THAT? FUCK YES BABY.!!! COME AT ME BRAHS!!! HELL YEA BABY!!!!

LOOKS LIKE I WILL BE DOING 95'S NEXT WEEK!!! SO CLOSE TO 100'S.... DAMN...

anyways, after that i did dips. and i did 2 sets of 10. with 40lbs. which was an increase again by 5lbs compared to last workout... (talk about good gains!!!)

and then i did dumbbell shoulder press and i think the reps were like 9,9,9 or something. cant remember...

then i dont rly remember the other exercise stats. but i know i did good!!

also my elbow was burning/acheing on my last set of dumbbell shoulder press!! (elbow tendonisis) -- im still waiting on my orange traid multi vitamin/joint support to arrive. that should clear it up within a week.. its crazy how much orange traid multi/joint support helps...

but anyways, im feeling pretty good brahs!!

can u believe that?? 3 sets of 5 with 90lb dumbbell flat press!!! FUCK YEA BABY.

para para para para PARADISEEE

PARADISEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

GTL BABY
Post 34 IP   flag post
I FEEL LIKE I AM ON TOP OF THE WORLD. come at me brahs!!!!

my leg curls are seeing INSANE gains each week... also felt a little dizzy when i got done with last set of leg press... (failed on last rep... of last set... damn. that was heavy..

3 sets of 3-5 reps.. 430lbs..5...435lbs...3..435lbs...3....

2 sets of 6-10 reps... 215lbs..9. 9

3 sets of 5-8 reps... 220lbs..5...5...5...

2 sets of 6-10 reps... 135 lbs.. 10..9..
3 sets of 6-10 reps. did not do.
2 sets of 6-10 reps 85lbs... 7...7(never progresses... it might be because of my ingrown toe nail that i have... so i cant go to hard on my toes... or maybe its because i never do standing calf raise ... that oculd be it to.)

overall. great workout.
Post 35 IP   flag post

song of the day...

Damn. My shoulders are seeing insane strength gains. always increasing by a few reps with my shoulder exercises.... my dumbbell shoulder press is going up so quick. i am loving it.

My lats not so much. I'll concentrate on perfect form next time. Still seeing gains, but very slow gains for my lats.. on my back hypertrophy day. i think its because i go to fast, ill slow it down a little bit and see if that helps.. thats probably it.

anyways here are todays results...

day 4.
back and shoulder hypertropgy

Day 4: Back and Shoulders Hypertrophy Day

Pulling Power Exercise speed work: Bent over
rows
6 sets of 3 reps with 65-70% of normal 3-5 rep max.. i did 120lbs for 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 reps.

Hypertrophy pulling movement: Rack chins
3 sets of 8-12 reps. didnt do. i know i know, i gotta get my sh!t straight and start doing them, i only did these like 3 times since i been on the progrma.

Hypertrophy pulling movement: Seated cable row
3 sets of 8-12 reps 170 lbs 9... 8...8
Hypertrophy pulling movement: Dumbbell rows or shrugs bracing upper body against an incline bench
2 sets of 12-15 reps.... 50lbs...12...13

Hypertrophy pulling movement: Close grip pulldowns
2 sets of 15-20 reps 120 lbs.. 15, 13
Hypertrophy shoulder movement: Seated dumbbell presses
3 sets of 8-12 reps 50lbs.. 10...11..8
Hypertrophy shoulder movement: Upright rows
2 sets of 12-15 reps 30lbs.. 13..12
Hypertrophy shoulder movement: Side lateral raises machine
3 sets of 12-20 reps 45lbs..20...20..17..

some kid in the gym told me i looked like i got bigger. but my weight is basically the same in the past month... only 2lb increase.... might be from the tanning. i been tanning a few weeks ago and i feel its making me look nice and juicey and making my muscles more visible...

overall, an ok day.. progressing... 1 day at a time...

i still am very anxious for monday though. i love watching my numbers increase. i love seein progress.
Post 36 IP   flag post
sorry brahs havent updated the log yet, ill update tonight when i get home from work. but things are going good. my dumbbell shoulder press just keeps rising. same with my dips... something about this program is really giving me good dumbbell shoulder press gains. i am loving it.

my wrist was acting up today, i gotta private message layne norton and get his advice on what i should replace skull crushers with because of my wrist.

my birthday is this friday, and i got plans on going hard this thursday.. since im working on friday... so hopefully it doesnt mess with my progress to much... but its whatever.

i also had another friend tell me that i look bigger, and said to me " u change ur diet around?"

so it feels good... i personally dont rly see any changes myself, but others are... and its only been a month. from layne norton. but w/e.

layne nortoh phat program for life brahs!!!
Post 37 IP   flag post
MrMailliw private msg quote post Address this user
Jelet, excluding warm up how long does one of these sessions take you?
Something that sprung to mind when looking over this routine was that it must take a while but I may be wrong.
Post 38 IP   flag post
I CANNOT BE STOPPED. COME AT ME BRAHS!!!

good pump from my arms/chest hypertrophy day.. also been tanning lately and i feel its making me look more muscular. i like it.. i feel so oily and juicey from the tanning lotion/coco butter after tanning moisturize etc.

not much progress on my strength though for my arm/chest days.. wtf. my other power days, i get good gains. but always this day, i dont progress... .

Day 6: Chest and Arms Hypertrophy Day

Pressing Power Exercise speed work: Flat dumbbell presses
6 sets of 3 reps with 65-70% of normal 3-5 rep max

60LBS.. 6 SETS OF 3 I DID... But it felt wierd.. i was going to bump it up to 65's.. but i dont feel im ready yet. i guess from the lack of sleep that i get on saturday mornings from hitting the gym at 8 am... sometimes fks me over...

Hypertrophy pressing movement: Incline dumbbell presses
3 sets of 8-12 reps.65 LBS... 10...10...9 (same...)

Hypertrophy pressing movement: Hammer strength chest press
3 sets of 12-15 reps.. DID 45LB PLATE ..15..15..15..(progression...)

Hypertrophy fly movement: Incline cable flyes
2 sets of 15-20 reps.. 40 LBS 15...15

Hypertrophy curling exercise: Cambered bar preacher curls
3 sets of 8-12 reps the seated preacher curl was broken. its out of order

Hypertrophy curling exercise: Dumbbell concentration curls
2 sets of 12-15 reps... 20lbs 15 reps for both sets and arms...

Hypertrophy curling exercise: Spider curls bracing upper body against an incline bench
2 sets of 15-20 reps.. 15 reps both arms and sets... 20lbs...

Hypertrophy extension exercise: Seated tricep extension with cambered bar
3 sets of 8-12 reps. WAS RUNNING OUT OF TIME.. DIDNT DO...

Hypertrophy extension exercise: Cable pressdowns with rope attachment
2 sets of 12-15 reps. didnt track it.
Hypertrophy extension exercise: Cable kickbacks
2 sets of 15-20 reps. didnt do.. my tricep tendosisis...
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMailliw
Jelet, excluding warm up how long does one of these sessions take you?
Something that sprung to mind when looking over this routine was that it must take a while but I may be wrong.
i dont know, but i know im in the gym for 1:45 mins on my upper body power days. (with warm up including)

and leg power days, im in for an hour and 10 mins id say. (with warm up.

and other days an hour.

except for some reason , my chest/arm day hypertropgy takes 1 hour and 30 mins ish.. (with the warm up)
Post 40 IP   flag post
day 1: power upper body day

Pulling Power Movement: Bent over or Pendlay rows
3 sets of 3-5 reps 175lbs 3 sets of 3..(my grip failed before my back did.. because of the skull crushers messing with my wrist... i gotta use wraps next time/ and no more skull crushers for me..)
Assistance Pulling movement: Weighted Pull ups.. .
2 sets of 6-10 30lbs 2 sets of 6.
Auxiliary Pulling movement: Rack chins
2 sets of 6-10 reps. DID NOT DO.
Pressing Power Movement: Flat dumbbell presses
3 sets of 3-5 reps. 90 lbs... 5,5,. and then i did 95lbs for a set of 3... I used PERFECT form. very slow going down.. i could have done 95's. but i wanted to be sure that i was ready.. did perfect form... PERFECT..
Assistance pressing movement: Weighted dips
2 sets of 6-10 reps. 45lbs, 2 sets of 10(wow these gains dont stop coming)
Assistance pressing movement: Seated dumbbell shoulder presses
3 sets of 6-10 reps, 55 lbs... 10..10..9... almost at the 10th rep for my last set... almost... next workout, i should hit it!! or i will be mad!!! lol
Auxiliary curling movement: Cambered bar curls
3 sets of 6-10 reps . its out of order. i couldnt do this..

Auxiliary extension movement: Skull crushers
3 sets of 6-10 reps
70lbs. 9, 9, 5..my wrist was acheing brahs!! no more skull crushers for me...
Post 41 IP   flag post

3 sets of 3-5 reps.. 430lbs..5...435lbs..5..435lbs.5.. (PROGRESSION BABY!!! i remember trying with all my might, failing with 3 reps on last set of last workout... PROGRESSION BABY!!! )
2 sets of 6-10 reps... 215lbs..10.10(PROGRESSION BABY....)
3 sets of 5-8 reps... 200lbs 8..8..8...(these things hurt my shins, i need to wear pants next time i do them..)
2 sets of 6-10 reps... 140 lbs.. 6...7..
3 sets of 6-10 reps. did not do.
2 sets of 6-10 reps 85lbs... 7...7
Post 42 IP   flag post
robmasta47 private msg quote post Address this user
Pendlay rows vs. Yates Rows. I prefer Pendlay, what do you guys think?
Post 43 IP   flag post
Jusu private msg quote post Address this user
Pendlay is more power excercise IMO Would do it in PHAT.
Post 44 IP   flag post
dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
I do a mix b/w barbell row and pendlay.
Post 45 IP   flag post
WinnersNeverQuit private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelet
I CANNOT BE STOPPED. COME AT ME BRAHS!!!

fuark, looking huge man
Post 46 IP   flag post
thx bro.^^^^

and sorry brahs, im just lazy to upload the log daily.

but i will be updating this log again on the first week of every month so IMO it would be better for yall to see the monthly gains... with me updating every week, theres going to be so many numbers and exercises and all spammed up. it be better for yall viewers to see the monthly gains. so i will update each month..

i basically did 95lbs dumbbell flat press, 3 sets of 3 with perfect form on monday.. april 30th...

lets see if i can reach my goal on june 4th of 100lb dumbell flat press 3 sets of 5.. lets see brahs!!!

p.s.

i also decided that im not going to go on a cut till next spring!!!! I am aiming for BEAST MODE. I want to be the baddest mother fker i can be... i will get aesthetic and shredded next summer. but for now, BULKING TIME BABY!! BULK BULK BULK BULK.

but gains are pouring threw....

i remember the first day on this program. i tried going for the 60lb dumbbell shoulder press and on the first set.. i did 2 reps and failed. i felt like a weak homeless bum!!! and now this monday i did 3 sets of 6 for my 60lb dumbbell shoulder press.

PROGRESSION BABY......
Post 47 IP   flag post
340764 47 22
destitute