Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
PHATTraining Programs

Layne Norton's PHAT1981

Zwalk private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah so I didn't think I was but I'm definitely getting stronger.

I've gained 2-3 pounds so my bulking cycle is still coming in hot.

Did my powerlifting regiment today and put up 225x6, x5, x4, 245x3 for 1 set.

Flys @70lbs and 75lbs alternating

I'm not gonna write out my whole workout but yeah I'm getting stronger, keeping my physique looking good and I'm stoked.

I also got yelled at today for dropping some 75's a couple inches from the ground today hahaha
Post 1 IP   flag post
Thor private msg quote post Address this user
Good to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwalk

I also got yelled at today for dropping some 75's a couple inches from the ground today hahaha

Dropping weights isn't all that bad. As long as they fall flush with the ground, it's fine. I always control them down 90% of the way and drop them beyond what's natural for my shoulders. The trouble is gyms cater to casuals.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Dragonian private msg quote post Address this user
one time i dropped 45kg's from flat db press, my friend left his db's next to the bench i dropped them but obviously you cant control 45kg's that well crushed my finger between the 2 dumbells, you could see the bone of my finger on both sides but it wasnt any major damage and i trained in 2 weeks 4 days time.

I still drop db's
Post 3 IP   flag post
Cupcake private msg quote post Address this user
I hate pussies that cry when they hear a loud noise! Fuck off to your little concealed area where no one can see you .

If your flat benching DB's at a reasonable heavy weight, and you are able to control them on your last rep after a slow burn, your not lifting heavy enough! you should be spent, and have to drop them.

Anyways, zak good hear everything is coming together for you! You looking shredded!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
PHAT is amazing, and going good for me also. Working on hitting a personal high for DB flat bench. Next week going for 120's. 3x5's.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Cupcake private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwatson
PHAT is amazing, and going good for me also. Working on hitting a personal high for DB flat bench. Next week going for 120's. 3x5's.

Cant till i can achieve this shit! I can currently do 77's for 5x5. Next week ill give 3x5 a go and see what i can push!

Keep me posted!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwatson

Cant till i can achieve this shit! I can currently do 77's for 5x5. Next week ill give 3x5 a go and see what i can push!

Keep me posted!

get it!
Post 7 IP   flag post
haole private msg quote post Address this user
Seems like half the people in here are doing PHAT. I drop DB's all the time, mostly on the last set.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Gotta get PHAT son
Post 9 IP   flag post
Once you go PHAT, there's no going.. nothing rhymes with phat so nvm.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Thor private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not on dat dere PHATty time.

SEE WUT I DID
Post 11 IP   flag post
I C WUTCHU DID DERR
Post 12 IP   flag post
Dark_Genesis private msg quote post Address this user
Question about PHAT, on the strength days am i sticking with my max weight through all sets or do i keep increasing?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Swayz87 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Genesis
Question about PHAT, on the strength days am i sticking with my max weight through all sets or do i keep increasing?

Uhhh brah...you cant increase your MAX weight ; ) Wat I do is this...I try to hit 5 reps...If I hit 5 fairly easy I HELLA go up..If I Barely got 5...I might go up a little...If you can barely do 3....Your done man....
Post 14 IP   flag post
From what I understood from the routine layout, you're gonna want to hit heavy for 3-5 reps(80-90% of 1RM) then decrease weight for 6-8 reps in a cycle.

Bench I think I did 225x6, 245x3 cycled, although I had to drop the weight for the heavy set at some point for consistency and so I could hit my other exercises hard.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Weighed in at 182 with my gym pants, shoes, hoodie, tank, and iphone today.

Think I'm probably sitting at around 179-180. Thats about 6-7lbs from bulking in the last 2 weeks.

Progress pic at 179-180

This shit is definitely making me stronger.

No ab flex or anything just stagnant.

I was doing Dips with 9- pounds chained to my waist today. Bench is still strong, I'd be curious to see what I max now.

Doing legs in the morning tomorrow then Back and Biceps at night.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Oh and I decided that if after my bulk, when I'm finished cutting I like the result, I will reward myself with a SS tank.
Post 17 IP   flag post
340762 17 17
destitute