dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
I'll post my progress from week 1 until now (Day 1):

Week 1:
Barbell Row (3-5) : 185, 190, 185
Weighted Pull Ups (6-10) : BW, BW, BW
Rack Chins (6-10) : BW+10 (2 sets)
Dumbbell Press (3-5) : 95 (3 sets)
Weighted Dips (6-10) : BW + 45 (3 sets)
DB shoulder Press (6-10) : 50x5 (3 sets)
Cambered Bar Curls (6-10) : 85,90,90
Skull Crushers (6-10) : EZ bar + 30

Current:

Barbell Row (3-5) : 205, 215, 225
Weighted Pull Ups (6-10) : BW+25 (3 sets)
Rack Chins (6-10) : BW+45 (3 sets)
Dumbbell Press (3-5) : 110's, 110's, 115
Weighted Dips (6-10) : BW + 90 (3 sets)
DB shoulder Press (6-10) : 65, 65, 70
Spider Curls (6-10) : 30's (3 sets)
DB Preacher Curl (6-8) : 35's (3 sets)
Skull Crushers (6-10) : EZ + 45's

*Note: Arms, are 3 secs down and squeeze at the top.

This is just for Day 1. Everything else is going just as good.
Post 26 IP   flag post
PittMuscle private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwatson
I'll post my progress from week 1 until now (Day 1):

Week 1:
Barbell Row (3-5) : 185, 190, 185
Weighted Pull Ups (6-10) : BW, BW, BW
Rack Chins (6-10) : BW+10 (2 sets)
Dumbbell Press (3-5) : 95 (3 sets)
Weighted Dips (6-10) : BW + 45 (3 sets)
DB shoulder Press (6-10) : 50x5 (3 sets)
Cambered Bar Curls (6-10) : 85,90,90
Skull Crushers (6-10) : EZ bar + 30

Current:

Barbell Row (3-5) : 205, 215, 225
Weighted Pull Ups (6-10) : BW+25 (3 sets)
Rack Chins (6-10) : BW+45 (3 sets)
Dumbbell Press (3-5) : 110's, 110's, 115
Weighted Dips (6-10) : BW + 90 (3 sets)
DB shoulder Press (6-10) : 65, 65, 70
Spider Curls (6-10) : 30's (3 sets)
DB Preacher Curl (6-8) : 35's (3 sets)
Skull Crushers (6-10) : EZ + 45's

*Note: Arms, are 3 secs down and squeeze at the top.

This is just for Day 1. Everything else is going just as good.

Good shit dude! I'm so ready to start PHAT myself.

And Corkey, like they've already mentioned you're definitely not eating enough. If you follow this routine correctly there's and eat right there's no way that SOME aspect of it isn't working for you. You'd be surprised how much your nutrition is lacking when you finally count everything up for the first time. I know mine was when I started.
Post 27 IP   flag post
dolby995 private msg quote post Address this user
hey dwatson, literally just started PHAT last week. looking to make similar gains to yourself. How long you gonna carry on with it for?
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolby995
hey dwatson, literally just started PHAT last week. looking to make similar gains to yourself. How long you gonna carry on with it for?

A better answer would be idk when im going to get off it. The nice thing about PHAT, is its virtually impossible to plateau. There is so many different ways to incorporate the idea behind it. Layne hit it dead on with this one.

Im on week 9 i believe, with 1 week as a rest week.

With a fine tuned diet, hitting your macros, you should be happy with the results you will see.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Post 29 IP   flag post
yea ive really sorted my diet out over the last month, and with startin this im feeling good right now ha. Was really feeling it on my body all over by day 5 last week, can only be a good thing...
Post 30 IP   flag post

Yep. Its a good overall workout. When i started it i was 168lbs @ 8%BF, friday i weighed in at 185 at 7%BF. I'm also clean bulking.

What are you at
Post 31 IP   flag post
Not 100% sure right now, got digital scales and the batt died last week. Not got round to gettin new one yet. Hopefully get one this week
Post 32 IP   flag post
Popeye25 private msg quote post Address this user
@op

keep back away from bis. u have em back 2 back days. hit arms only once. i tried hittin em twice and didnt work at all.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye25
@op

keep back away from bis. u have em back 2 back days. hit arms only once. i tried hittin em twice and didnt work at all.

Who are you talking too?
Post 34 IP   flag post
WaxyLizard private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think it's a waste hey. Like I think it depends on training method. If strength training or strength with muscle endurance at the end I find it would be impossible to fit any other muscle group on as my arms are completely fucked!

If just hypertrophy training then yes as you are only doing 70-80% of your top strength so it won't be taking as much out of you.
Post 35 IP   flag post
MyOwnEntity private msg quote post Address this user
4 weeks and your quitting already? Your never going to find a routine that works for you. Stick to something and allow it to work before trashing it. This is a marathon not a sprint, which as been said over and over and over. Consistency is the key here, getting massive and shredded is not going to happen in a year, its going to take multiple years of dedication and consistency.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOwnEntity
4 weeks and your quitting already? Your never going to find a routine that works for you. Stick to something and allow it to work before trashing it. This is a marathon not a sprint, which as been said over and over and over. Consistency is the key here, getting massive and shredded is not going to happen in a year, its going to take multiple years of dedication and consistency.

This is something no one wants to believe is true but knows its true. Patients and Consistency.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Corkey private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

thanks for all the replies guys

PHAT is also wearing me out hardcore, would you suggest me taking a week off or a deload week sorta thing?
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey
Quote:

thanks for all the replies guys

PHAT is also wearing me out hardcore, would you suggest me taking a week off or a deload week sorta thing?

What week are you on? I deloaded at week 7, and only did becuase i irritated my bicep.
Post 39 IP   flag post
ive done 4 weeks so im in my fifth
Post 40 IP   flag post
You probably could, just listen to your body. But its not typical to feel ran down, you need to rest up and eat up when doing this workout
Post 41 IP   flag post
MyOwnEntity private msg quote post Address this user
If you read the article fully, layne says that the volume of this routine will take time to get use to and, if needed, to take out a few assistance/auxiliary exercises until your body adapts.

"Keep in mind one thing when starting this routine, it is not for the faint of heart, but heavy iron, is no match for an iron will. If you are mentally and physically tough enough, you may just power your way to new gains!"

He also states " While the first few weeks you may be very sore, tired, and not feel great, if you push through this after about 4-6 weeks you will find that your body will adapt to the increased frequency and you will hardly get sore more for more than a day"

Man up, do the workout and see gains.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Popeye25 private msg quote post Address this user
dwatson

guy who made thread
Post 43 IP   flag post
Quote:
If you read the article fully, layne says that the volume of this routine will take time to get use to and, if needed, to take out a few assistance/auxiliary exercises until your body adapts.

"Keep in mind one thing when starting this routine, it is not for the faint of heart, but heavy iron, is no match for an iron will. If you are mentally and physically tough enough, you may just power your way to new gains!"

He also states " While the first few weeks you may be very sore, tired, and not feel great, if you push through this after about 4-6 weeks you will find that your body will adapt to the increased frequency and you will hardly get sore more for more than a day"

Man up, do the workout and see gains.

This sums it up. And is very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye25
dwatson

guy who made thread

What?
Post 44 IP   flag post
Shadow private msg quote post Address this user
@Corkey

Eat more carbs, do more heavy compounds. You have a great opportunity to put on some real size with the influx of hormones etc that are running through your body at your age.

For adding mass to bis do: Underhand Chins, Underhand rows
For adding mass to tris do: Dips, Close bench

Your arms will grow from doing compound movements dude. You should aim for mass right now! Worry about shaping a bit later.

How can you start to sculpt when there is no clay? Slap on some clay first bro!
Post 45 IP   flag post
Shadow private msg quote post Address this user
Also, lift heavier!
Post 46 IP   flag post
haha i get what youre saying man im in no position to cut right now anyway coz im playing front row in rugby at school where you NEED weight so im hanging on to all i can get :P
Post 47 IP   flag post
seansm10 private msg quote post Address this user
if you arent making gains with phat, il place my marbles on that youre doing it wrong. i dont count macros, i just eat a lot, make sure i get lots of protein and ive seen what id say is unreal gains
Post 48 IP   flag post
340620 48 23
destitute