Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Diet AdvicePhysique

Body recomp possible?19376

jjothshxh private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

Stats: 20 years old (just turned), 175 lbs, 6'1", 175 lbs, 30% body fat probably
Pics: imgur(DOT)com/a/0W08B4u
Lifts:
Bench: 135 lbs, 5x5
OHP: 85 lbs, 5x5
Squat: 190 lbs, 5x5

I have been lifting on-and-off with my custom made stupid programs for 2 years and quitting often in between (sometimes for 3-4 months). I've just started running StrongLifts 5x5 (making steady progress minus 1 plateau) and started training again properly 3 weeks ago. This time I am in it for good.

When I first trained 2 years ago, I couldn't bench press the SMITH-MACHINE bar for a rep and I couldnt do a single push up. So I never had a good base to begin with.

Is a body recomp possible? I cant bulk cause of fat, I cant cut because extremely week. What should I be doing in terms of cals/diet/cutting/bulking etc?
Post 1 IP   flag post
kickinchicken private msg quote post Address this user
You can build strength while cutting. Strength is mainly neurological adaption but of course increased muscle mass will help. Read the FAQ and you can determine your appropriate caloric intake for your goals.
Post 2 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@jjothshxh absolutely possible... just don’t have a drastic cut on ur calls and if moe of a deficit is needed then move more.
I suggest starting with increasing your NEAT... increase your daily step count. This has worked for me multiple times and doesn’t take away from your strength progress !!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Yeags private msg quote post Address this user
6’1” and a 175 doesn’t sound like you could have to much fat. You can get stronger on a deficit but very hard. I’d Clean bulk to make it easier to build muscle. Smith machine bar once? Your gonna need to get stronger and to get stronger you need food. I wouldn’t worry about fat right now the more muscle you have the more fat you’ll burn... you want a lifestyle change .it takes time.
Post 4 IP   flag post
340786 4 4
destitute