Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum

How long do I need the therapy19374

DavidCripps private msg quote post Address this user
I have been thinking from a few days about how long do I need a therapy and how do you know when to stop?
Its been almost 7 years since I started therapy for my back. I look back and think of all the meds that I have tried, the different physiotherapist I have seen and the amount of money I have spent. I would hate to add the amount of money that I have spent.
I will not go into any more unless I need to in the future. I will be taking frequent massage therapy sessions and that would do for me. I think I can handle the pain from now on.
sometimes I do decision trees when I don't know what to do. I have done this when I have been uncertain about continuing with services and pacing around. I am pretty tired of not getting the right support, so I think twice before paying. I will only go back to a provider if I feel they understand my experiences.
Post 1 IP   flag post
jostrosky private msg quote post Address this user
We are not your doctor. No one will tell you to stop doing your therapy. Only your doctor can tell you when you are healed.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Fishbulb private msg quote post Address this user
As stated above, not a doctor...but I've dealt with back / sciatica issues stemming from a few herniated discs for a while and tried a variety of things: a couple of epidurals, physical therapy, trigger point injections, a LITTLE bit of chiro (they make me nervous), and about 1.5 years of traction therapy 3 days per week. The back / core (hips, glutes, etc) got stronger, but the sciatica never went away...

...until I bought an inversion table (a Teeter, specifically) and within 1.5 WEEKS my sciatica was gone after using it twice per day about 4 minutes each time. That thing changed my life. Again, not a Dr, so talk to yours before trying, but I can't recommend an inversion table enough.
Post 3 IP   flag post
340581 3 3
destitute