Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BenchChest

question about middle chest1937

pong private msg quote post Address this user
what exercises are best for middle chest development?
does close grip bench press focus more on the triceps than on the middle chest? and is pec deck flys good for newbies? or should i stick to compund lifts?

my outside chest (upper and lower) has developed but my upper middle chest still has nothing on it.
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Seriously? -EK
Post 2 IP   flag post
Dragonian private msg quote post Address this user
hahaha if this isnt a troll not a great forum to put it and il probably be slated for my answer but im a strong believer in the almighty god arnold and in his book the Lord has written " bench press with a closer grip( not close grip press for triceps) but elbows flared focuses on the middle chest more. and id say pec dec is good for noobies as its pretty easy to do, compounds are good but no reason to not do some isolations too
Post 3 IP   flag post
Swayz87 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey pong!!!!! I should be posting a vid with an exercise exactly for that here soon man! Keep an eye out in the forever delivering thread swayz gets PHAT!!!!! It'll be in there by tonight!!!! Good luck man!
Post 4 IP   flag post
sorry if i sound dumb to all of you but im no troll...
i'm just a NEWBIE..real new to this thing okay?
I don't like asking people in the gym that i go to since what they say contradicts each other and some of them told me that i should not do clean and presses because "i might get injured"..i have been doing trial and error for months now, trying out programs and making them myself..
so i thought i'd ask you guys some tips..
and thanks, i'll be waiting for that video swayz..
Post 5 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
There is no middle chest. There is only one chest muscle- that's it. You can't isolate it, only make sure that it is worked as hard as the rest of the chest. From Layne Norton, himself, on the topic: "The inner chest cannot really be worked directly as, when the chest contracts, the sarcomeres are recruited along the entire length of muscle fiber. However the inner chest can be emphasized indirectly. When using dumbells be sure to squeeze at the top of every rep." In other words, let your entire chest grow, make sure you focus on the contraction and the rest will take care of itself.

Can we now start a thread on how to get my lower biceps to grow? -EK
Post 6 IP   flag post
thank you EK for that explanation...
i hoped to get good advice from this site and i think i may not have been mistaken..
i think i'm going to hang around here for a little longer.

"Can we now start a thread on how to get my lower biceps to grow?"

well...i was planning on doing that, too...
Post 7 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
hahah i like pong
Post 8 IP   flag post
luka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by pong
i hoped to get good advice from this site and i think i may not have been mistaken..

do it
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by luka
Quote:
Originally Posted by pong

do it

well, here it is : bicep program
Post 10 IP   flag post
mikestheguy private msg quote post Address this user
loooool pong are you trying to be a smartass or are you series? Refer to thread "bench press and "upper pecs" for a good laugh
Post 11 IP   flag post
Swayz87 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestheguy
loooool pong are you trying to be a smartass or are you series? Refer to thread "bench press and "upper pecs" for a good laugh

Ya especially the end!! Where it is confirmed that you can do close grip inclines to help out you middle chest! ; )
Post 12 IP   flag post
@mikestheguy i'm not trying to be a smart ass, man...i just want to learn from the best..
and i've been reading that thread but unfortunately slipped my mind to search for it BEFORE i posted this..
Post 13 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
pong - read the entire thread linked below and make your own conclusions. But please don't respond in there though as we all would like to see the thread finally die.

Bench press and "upper pecs"
Post 14 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swayz87
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestheguy

Ya especially the end!! Where it is confirmed that you can do close grip inclines to help out you middle chest! ; )

Confirmed by who? No one with any qualifications as a trainer, no one with a medical degree, and no one with experience as an exercise physiologist. Thus... NO ONE. -EK
Post 15 IP   flag post
340609 15 15
destitute