Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum

Why is vegan gains so weak for his size?19311

JakeSimmonds private msg quote post Address this user
Vegan gains is a pretty big dude but hes much weaker than he looks.

benching 225lbs for only 4 reps yet he weighs that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY0v_WZJnok&t=197s

What yer think? Hes bigger than clarence kennedy in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVopqxfs3rQ
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
Strength is not directly correlated to size. I’m the strongest I’ve ever been, but I was bigger a year ago.
Post 2 IP   flag post
yeah but still, you would think he would be alot stronger based on his size, im WAAAAAAAAAAY smaller than him, my arms are twigs compared to his and I have no chest im comparison yet I can bench press almost as much as he can weighing only 145lbs hes like 225lbs and only a few inches taller.

Hes been training for like 10 years and weighs 225lbs but squats 175lbs for reps and benches his bodweight for a few, I like his videos but hes abnormally lacking in strength for someone his size.

Its like he has a medical condition were his muscles are weaker pound for pound than the average person.
Post 3 IP   flag post
"Strength is not directly correlated to size. I’m the strongest I’ve ever been, but I was bigger a year ago."

What do you think determines someones strength? is it more to do with training certain movements over again and being able to use more muscle fibres? Neuromuscular adaption?

I remember reading something like that on an article about how you can get stronger without gaining size.
Post 4 IP   flag post
After watching a minute or two he looks pretty fluffy. While he might be 225 pounds he's definitely holding his fair share of bodyfat. But there's so many factors that come into play when assessing why he has a weak bench and squat. Maybe he just came off of an injury and he's getting into the groove of things. Maybe he has a history of injuries. Maybe he has no structure in his diet and workouts. Maybe he wasn't lifting for awhile and focused on some other aspect of fitness. There's just alot of factors.

If you want to be strong, train for strength. Follow a structured program made by professionals like 5/3/1, Westside, etc. You can get strong doing anything but i'd rather have more optimal results. But yes, train certain movements over again. I remember the first time I really started squatting alot. I only squatted 315 but I ran a few cycles of the Russian Squat program where I squatted 3 times a week and after four cycles running the program I increased my squat 50 pounds, and that's because I was training for strength, not just making up my own program. EK stated here before that one needs at least one and a half to two months to maximize the neurological aspect of fiber recruitment, so just keep doing the same movements and you'll get stronger.
Post 5 IP   flag post
wow guys dont overload this thread with all the replies! TO MANY TO RESPOND TO CALM DOWN PEOPLE!!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Eh, maybe nobody gives a shit about it? -3X
Post 7 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeSimmonds
wow guys dont overload this thread with all the replies! TO MANY TO RESPOND TO CALM DOWN PEOPLE!!!

Are you kidding? Did you happen to notice the activity level on this forum?

... and either way, this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Eh, maybe nobody gives a shit about it? -3X
Post 8 IP   flag post
your both assholes
Post 9 IP   flag post
how about that for a response?
Post 10 IP   flag post
this site is shit and dead, need to find a better one
Post 11 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeSimmonds
your both assholes

*you’re -3X
Post 12 IP   flag post
sick argument.
Post 13 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Bro you have started exactly 3 threads here and in all three of them you’ve acted like a teenage girl on her period for the first time. What the fuck do you expect? DYEL? -3X
Post 14 IP   flag post
all I do is upload a thread starting a nice discussion and I get attacked.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I have another thread coming up soon, its about my squat, Ive got alot sronger on them since that "pound for pound" thread
Post 16 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
No one but you thinks it’s a nice discussion and then you piss and moan when you’re the only one who wants to talk about it. Just because no one else gives a fuck doesn’t mean you’re right- it actually means the contrary.

Now- wanna know how to get people to take your threads seriously and get actual discussions going? Contribute to the community. Start a log. Post more than once every six months. Why should anyone contribute anything useful to your thread if you don’t contribute anything useful to anything else here?

And stay the fuck out of my inbox. Didn’t even open it and went straight to the trash. -3X
Post 17 IP   flag post
wow your a pissy guy aye?

still mad about that original thread months ago? LOL angry old man.

Take deep breathes, do some yoga calm yourself young one
Post 18 IP   flag post
Oh and that message was full of important information to contribute to the community, but you deleted it oh well.
Post 19 IP   flag post
"Just because no one else gives a fuck doesn’t mean you’re right- it actually means the contrary."

right about what? I never said to be right about anything, im talking about vegan gains bench press and other people not caring doesnt mean im wrong.
Post 20 IP   flag post
im wrong because no one cares? WOW
Post 21 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
You claimed it was “a nice discussion.” Nobody cares at all to discuss it. Therefore, you’re wrong. It’s not a nice discussion at all. It’s a steaming pile of fly covered monkey crap. Any other dots you need connected for you? -3X
Post 22 IP   flag post
lmao, you use the most retarded logic ever.
Post 23 IP   flag post
"if no one cares its wrong" durr durr huurrr durr, herp derp lerp twerp

I think you need some brain surgery, you must of dropped a dumbbell on your head
Post 24 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
*must have, not must of. Grammar is hard, huh? -3X
Post 25 IP   flag post
What else did you want people to say after my response? He has no structure in his diet and no structure in his workout. He's 225 pounds, has zero definition, and he's doing some random upper body routine he made up.

No structure in his diet. No structure in his workout. No shit he's going to be weaker and look mediocre.

What else do you want?
Post 26 IP   flag post
I have a problem with eknight being all like "no one gives a shit m8"

This guy wants to fight me irl or something
Post 27 IP   flag post
I thought it would make an interesting discussion about how size does not correlate with strength and about how bodybuilders are weak for their size, it could of made an interesting topic.
Post 28 IP   flag post
we could get into the science behind it
Post 29 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Why would anyone ever, under any circumstances, want to discuss jack shit with you? You don’t discuss. You argue and bitch, and whenever someone doesn’t agree with your perspective, you piss and moan and pour like a petulant child. It’s apparent in every thread you start. No one wants to converse with someone who acts like that. It’s your own fault that people don’t want to discuss anything with you. You want to blame someone, blame yourself. -3X
Post 30 IP   flag post
340421 53 30
destitute