Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum

What’s my body fat %?19310

Slushy2 private msg quote post Address this user

Any estimates on body fat? Should I cut more or switch over to a bulk?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Yeags private msg quote post Address this user
%25
Post 2 IP   flag post
jostrosky private msg quote post Address this user
18-22% go get a DEXA Scan or hydrostatic weighed. We cannot visually tell you what % you are by looking. If you want accuracy go get one of these tests done they are going to be your best bet and go from there. I really don't know what you want to hear. I mean if we said 12% would you be satisfied????? or if we said something higher than expected you would just bash our answer.
Post 3 IP   flag post
moke912 private msg quote post Address this user
use calipers
Post 4 IP   flag post
No expectation just figured I’d take the average of responses given. I find it harder to look at myself objectively so the options of others is helpful. I was hoping to cut to about 12% and then bulk so based on the responses thus far I am still in a cutting mode.
Post 5 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
No offense, but why do people cut to an arbitrary number? I’ve seen people at 10% look like shit because they squandered away too much muscle, and others look fantastic at 15% because they’re big and full. Why not just go by the mirror and not care at all about the actual %? -3X
Post 6 IP   flag post
I have been measured at 12% in the past and felt like I looked pretty good then. I think there are markers that can be helpful besides looking in the mirror so why not use them?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
No offense, but why do people cut to an arbitrary number? I’ve seen people at 10% look like shit because they squandered away too much muscle, and others look fantastic at 15% because they’re big and full. Why not just go by the mirror and not care at all about the actual %? -3X

Exactly. I don't get why people frequently ask this question. In the end of the day OP is going to look the same whether we say he's 20 percent or 12 percent. The number is so arbitrary and so pointless. OP what if you cut and you look great at 14 percent? Are you going to keep cutting until you hit 12 percent even if it was at the cost of sacrificing too much muscle?

Just cut until you're happy with the results in the mirror.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Obviously I will stop cutting if I’m satisfied with how I look. Body fat % is a very useful tool and certainly not an arbitrary number as stated. It’s a great way to reach a previously met goal. I simply don’t have anyone available at the moment to measure so I figure I’d ask here. Research shows people tend to have a distorted perception and are not all that accurate about how they look.
Post 9 IP   flag post
How is body fat percentage a useful tool? Because you previously measured out at 12 percent? Unless you used a DEXA Scan I can promise you that the numbers will be off.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I did back then. To say it isn’t a useful tool is rediculous.
Post 11 IP   flag post
You had a DEXA Scan?
Post 12 IP   flag post
I had it done a few years ago and it was in the low 13s. I lost a couple more pounds after that and believe I got to 12%
Post 13 IP   flag post
So you were 13 percent. How was that useful? What did you get out of knowing your bodyfat percentage?
Post 14 IP   flag post
I’ve stated this already but it served as a marker for comparison and felt like an achievement that I was proud of as I had clearly dropped a significant amount of body fat. I asked a simple question and you seem to be spending a lot of energy trying to make argue about its importance and validity.
Post 15 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Because in the big picture, it has very little importance and validity. -3X
Post 16 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
I’d say 18-21 but hard to say without full body and using only upper body pics...
I would work my back more and less chest however !!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushy2
but it served as a marker for comparison and felt like an achievement that I was proud of

And now you're trying to figure out what your bodyfat percentage is again, trying to get down to an arbitrary number. I just don't see the point. You either look good or you don't. If a girl likes your physique it's because she likes your chest, back, legs, etc.,not because you're 12 percent bodyfat. Just look at your mirror because even the most accurate bodyfat estimation techniques have numerous sources of error.

I'm not trying to be an asshole, I just don't see the point on becoming fixated with bodyfat percentages.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I don’t get your fixation with not thinking body fat percentage is a valid measure. If you don’t see it as useful then why not just ignore my question. It is quite clear that I see value and you don’t.
Post 19 IP   flag post
How is knowing your bodyfat percentage useful?
Post 20 IP   flag post
How is asking the same question over and over useful when the questioner won’t listen to the response?
Post 21 IP   flag post
Lol I’m done. Have fun obsessing about your bodyfat percentage.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Bye bye
Post 23 IP   flag post
Dorich private msg quote post Address this user
About 3.50
Post 24 IP   flag post
340421 24 24
destitute