Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
MotivationNewbiePower LiftingSquatsTeen

Max deadlift for a 15 year old19294

Wicmit17 private msg quote post Address this user
I deadlift 405 and squat 365 and i was wondering what i could do to get bett at both?any advice
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
No mention of current routine.
No mention of height and weight (body mechanics matter).
No vids of current form.

How are we supposed to help? -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Squat lower and quit using the trap bar
Post 3 IP   flag post
Wicmit17 private msg quote post Address this user
I weigh 265 6 foot 15 years old deadlift 405 and squat 365 is this good for my age and or height
Post 4 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
I would say for your age and weight those are good numbers yes. At 15 don’t get too caught up in those numbers though. Can you run a mile in under 10 minutes? How high is your vertical? How many chin ups can you do? You’re at an age where your body should be getting better at multiple movement patterns, not specializing in just a few. -3X
Post 5 IP   flag post
SamanthaOlivier private msg quote post Address this user
Haha - good one! Lifting heavy is not the most important thing in a 15-year-old life
Post 6 IP   flag post
lasjack private msg quote post Address this user
I would focus on staying healthy and making sure your form is perfect. It's a marathon not a sprint. Like eknight also pointed out you should be focused on GPP (general physical preparedness) especially at your age. If you are set on increasing your strength and handle the above, utilizing a powerlifting program built around periodization and conjugation are your best options as it sounds like you may be past the "beginner" stages of results.

Above all else though, don't get caught up in the numbers. Just focus on improving and staying healthy.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Way2Buy private msg quote post Address this user
Increasing your strength and handle the above.
Post 8 IP   flag post
340168 8 8
destitute