Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
kickinchicken private msg quote post Address this user
Just trying to keep consistent and work my way back up to where I was a couple years ago. I've been logging everything on my note app but it's a bit hard to make the extra notes and everything. Plus some nice conversations with you folk can't hurt either

Old maxes/PRs:

SQT 370x3
BP 345x1
DL 465

Current maxes

SQT 315
BP 250
DL No Clue???

I've been back at it for about 3 weeks now. Just some simple DUP stuff to work back up as quick as possible then switch back over to some weekly undulating like 5/3/1 or something. I'm only in the gym 3 days a week, trying to work up to more once my schedule allows it. I was at 13.9% BF but currently down in the 12%'s somewhere at 186-188lbs, 5'11.5". I was at mid 190's a few weeks ago but cut back on the beers and other added kcals. I'll throw some progress pics up once I feel like it.

Here's todays workout...

Limber 11

SQT 230x5x6, 250x6, 275x3 (2 sec paused)
BP 185x5x6, 225x5(slingshot), 245x3(slingshot)
BO DB Rows 3x10
Quick core shit

Not a super difficult workout today. I'd rate it about an 8.5/10. It seems like my workouts now are mainly getting my nervous system used to the heavier weights again. My muscles seem to be ok with it. Just a bit unsteady with the weight at times but the power still seems to be there.
Post 1 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Right on dude. Welcome back. I too am only working out two-three days a week, but I have been making some steady gains using an advanced 531 approach. Totally worth it. Literally have strength levels close to where I was years ago, with shorter workouts and less frequency.

TLDR; keep with it, there is hope!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks @NorIda. Nice to hear you're making some good progress. I hope to be back up to a more respectable 1200-ish total by January if things go smoothly.

Happy Birthday btw!!!!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
@kickinchicken Welcome back . . again . . .

No doubt you'll be back to where you want to be in no time. I look forward to following your progress.
Post 4 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemuscular

No doubt you'll be back to where you want to be in no time. I look forward to following your progress.

Emphasis on again. Haha. Poor dude falls of the face of the interwebs on a regular basis.

@kickinchicken thanks for the birthday wishes. Currently doing some birthday squats after moving for the past four days
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemuscular

Emphasis on again. Haha. Poor dude falls of the face of the interwebs on a regular basis.

@kickinchicken thanks for the birthday wishes. Currently doing some birthday squats after moving for the past four days

I sound like a fucking lockness monster. Popping my up occasionally. Lol.

I'd have definitely given you a hand moving man. I hate it when someone says they'll help move don't have an excuse not to. I'm the guy who shows up early with coffee, a stereo and a 6-pack.
Post 6 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@kickinchicken whattup buddy, welcome back man. U'll be back up to ur old maxes in no time !!
Post 7 IP   flag post
@FiremanSi thanks man, I hope so. If I can just stay consistent again I should be.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Workout from 2 days ago...

Limber 11

SQT 235x3x4, 255x3, 275x3, 295x3
BP 195x3x4, 225x5,245x7(slingshot)
BO DB rows 3x10
Pull Ups 3x failure
Cable crunches 3x12

I've been going pretty conservative since I started, just trying to adjust to actually lifting I guess. I'll be jumping up a bit after my next workout tonight.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Limber 11

SQT 255x4x2,275x5
BP 210x4x2

Fluff work

Short sweet and to the point tonight. Gym was closing in me so no time for much else.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Limber 11

BP 245x5

DL 335x4

Lots of pull work to end it

Today was a bench mark day, you could say. Just going for a 3RM or 5RM to solidify where to start next week after some deloading. I've been consistent for about 4 weeks now which is pretty good for me. My workouts have been staying at or below 80% and feeling pretty good. Time to move it up a notch. I'll post my upcoming routine up soon.

estimated maxes last week...

SQT 315
BP 250
DL No Clue???

actual maxes (based off 3RM/5RM)...

SQT 325
BP 265
DL 365

Total 955

It's not much yet. First major goals are...

SQT 350
BP 285
DL 405

Total 1040
Post 11 IP   flag post
Here is week 1

Assistance work is just assumed, not marked. I like RDLs, BB Hip Thrusters, CGBP and BP with the Slingshot. And pulling/back core work each day.

And here is the rest of the 6 weeks.

clickable text

I'll work up to 95% of my 95%TM in week 6 and see where I'm at.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Week 1
Day 1:

SQT 230x5x8 (10)
BP 190x5x8 (9)

I didn't get to do anything other than the bare bones today before the gym closed. The increase in volume from what I've been workin with the last 6-ish weeks was harder than I expected so the workout took longer too.
Post 13 IP   flag post
So I found out I'll be out of town for 3 weeks for work in a week with no gym access. So rather than start a 6 week cycle this week I'm counting day 1 of my 6 week cycle as day 1 of my DUP cycle. I did 5x8 SQT and BP at the same weight I would've done 4x6. So just a higher volume day 1.

So.....

Day 2

SQT 245x3x4 (7.5)
BP 200x3x4 (7.5)
Post 14 IP   flag post
Day 3:

SQT 265x4x2 (8.5)
BP 215x4x2 (7.5)

Easy breezy. Time to kick it up a notch again.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Day 1:

SQT 240x4x6
BP 200x4x6
Post 16 IP   flag post
So..... let's just call my lack of logging a 1+ year deload

Currently nursing some lower back and shoulder pain. I can't hit the weights as heavy as I used to so I just need to be more preventative than ever.

Current lifts are:

SQT 340

BP 335

DL 440

Goals by end of July...

SQT 450

BP 405

DL 550
Post 17 IP   flag post
AM weight was 201.4 lbs

SQT 260 X 5, 275 X 5, 290 X 5, 335 X 3

BP 255 X 5, 270 X 5, 295 X 7

DL 325 X 5, 350 X 5, 370 X 7

I felt pretty good today. I woke up a bit heavy which is always nice. I haven't weighed over 200 lbs in a few years. I'm usually about 12-13 % BF but my weight belt felt pretty tight. Good thing I have my bigger one on the way. My goal weight is 215 lbs and cut down to 210 lbs.
Post 18 IP   flag post
My new favorite quote by a friend... “Gotta be 2 somethin’ to do somethin’ “

Decided to put it on a new pair of chucks.

Motivation to help keep my weight up.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Limber 11

BP

270 x 3, 290 x 3, 305 x 6

275 x MR x 3, 225 x MR x 3
Post 20 IP   flag post
lolssons private msg quote post Address this user
@kickin looks like we are the only two logs runing this forum at the moment, keep it up. Strong bench there!
Post 21 IP   flag post
Thanks man. Guess we have to hold down the LOG fort. The traffic here has died down a lot. There used to be a good 10 logs posted daily when I was last on.
Post 22 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@kickinchicken still creeping buddy. 👍
Post 23 IP   flag post
I've been without internet for almost a month now so I'll just make a quick update.

I've pretty much been doing 5/3/1 for the last few months but SQT/BP/DL weeks have been completed in a single day but I started tapering off my DL to 1-2 sets on the 3's and 5's days and a 3RM or 5RM single set on the 1's day. Also, I started doing my BP 1's day separate from my SQT/DL 1's day. I'll be 37 in a few days and I'm starting to feel a bit older now. lol.

So my routine has been...

Day 1:
SQT 3x5, DL 3X5

Day 2:
BP 3x5

Day 3:
SQT 3x3
DL 3x3

Day 4:
BP 3x3

Day 5:
SQT 5,3,1+
DL 3RM or 5RM

Day 6:
BP 5,3,1+

Day 7 and Day 8:
REST DAYS

I did a 2 week micro peak phase after being invited to an unofficial powerlifting competition. I took it a little easy since I was nursing a bit of some AC and elbow tendonitis along with the some lower back pain. Yeah, I'm a bit broken. I just started really hitting the gym consistently again about 3 months ago but was able to hit the following lifts at the competition...

SQT

350, 370, no 3rd attempt

BP

320, 340, 355 (RPE 9)

DL

435, 455, no 3rd attempt

TOTAL:

With a bit more prep' I feel like a 1200 total at 205lb-208lb is very do-able.

Since then I've also hit...

SQT 340x7 (RPE 10) est. 390-400lbs 1RM

DL 420x6 (RPE 9) est. 465-480lbs 1RM

BP 325x5 (RPE 9)
BP 345x3 (RPE 9.5) est. 365lb 1RM
Post 24 IP   flag post
The last couple weeks I've been trying the Texas Method in an attempt to find a more comfortable volume/intensity for my lower back pain issues. Time was a bit of an issue today so instead of testing all 3 lifts I just did BP and I'll do SQT/DL 3 or 5 RM max attempts tomorrow.

Today...

211.4 lbs

Limber 11

BP:

345x3 for a new 3RM PR
365x1 (Sling shot)
385x1 (Sling shot)
315x5
275x10,7,5
225x17

Followed by lots of delt work, vertical band pull-downs and land mine rows.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Hustlinghat private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickinchicken
The last couple weeks I've been trying the Texas Method in an attempt to find a more comfortable volume/intensity for my lower back pain issues. Time was a bit of an issue today so instead of testing all 3 lifts I just did BP and I'll do SQT/DL 3 or 5 RM max attempts tomorrow.

Today...

211.4 lbs

Limber 11

BP:

345x3 for a new 3RM PR
365x1 (Sling shot)
385x1 (Sling shot)
315x5
275x10,7,5
225x17

Followed by lots of delt work, vertical band pull-downs and land mine rows.

In to see the results of the DL and Squats!
Post 26 IP   flag post
5RM/3RM Day:

I went in today planning on testing squats and ended up feeling great and tested my deadlift as well.

SQT:

Worked up to 380lbs 1RM PR

It came up pretty quick compared to what was expecting. Pretty sure I had another one in me but didn't want to push my luck with my back even though it was feeling ok. My best 3RM PR was 370lbs x 3. So I'm pretty close to my peak squat strength either. This is about where I keep getting injured outside of the gym and can never officially squat 4 plates. Just need to keep healthy. If anyone has some extra bubble wrap to spare I'm going to wrap myself in it to be on the safe side. lol.

DL:

Worked up to 435lbs x 5 for a new 5RM PR! RPE 9

But wait... 475lbs x 1 for a new 1RM PR! Previous was 465x1
Considering I pulled 475 (felt like I had another 10 lbs) after the 5RM PR, I should be right at a 500lb pull. Can't wait to make it official.

All in all a pretty good week. And there's a powerlifting comp' I'm in in a week. A little R&R/deload and I'll see what I can do.
Post 27 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Strong chicken is strong! -3X
Post 28 IP   flag post
@eknight Getting there. It's no 3x bench strong but respectable I gotta catch up on your log and see how you've been.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Hustlinghat private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickinchicken
5RM/3RM Day:

I went in today planning on testing squats and ended up feeling great and tested my deadlift as well.

SQT:

Worked up to 380lbs 1RM PR

It came up pretty quick compared to what was expecting. Pretty sure I had another one in me but didn't want to push my luck with my back even though it was feeling ok. My best 3RM PR was 370lbs x 3. So I'm pretty close to my peak squat strength either. This is about where I keep getting injured outside of the gym and can never officially squat 4 plates. Just need to keep healthy. If anyone has some extra bubble wrap to spare I'm going to wrap myself in it to be on the safe side. lol.

DL:

Worked up to 435lbs x 5 for a new 5RM PR! RPE 9

But wait... 475lbs x 1 for a new 1RM PR! Previous was 465x1
Considering I pulled 475 (felt like I had another 10 lbs) after the 5RM PR, I should be right at a 500lb pull. Can't wait to make it official.

All in all a pretty good week. And there's a powerlifting comp' I'm in in a week. A little R&R/deload and I'll see what I can do.

Impressive numbers full stop. Even more so considering your are working through back issues.

Any ideas what you will be opening with and aiming for at the comp?
Post 30 IP   flag post
340762 60 30
destitute