Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
PHATSplit Advice

Workout programs..18849

SnackIt private msg quote post Address this user
How much does the different ways of setting up a routine makes for hypertrophy if the volume is basically matched? And you hit muscles twice a week while progrssive overloading over time adding weightes and reps, is there any difference at all or does it not matter so much, lets say between:

Upper/lower
PPL
Upper/lower-ppl
Phat template
Fullbody
Post 1 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
For a natural athlete, Muscle Protein Synthesis(MPS) (what makes muscles grow) is only elevated by 50% 4 hours following a training session. MPS is elevated to over 100% its normal amount 24 hours after that same training session. The percentage tapers off over the following 36 hours and returns to normal around 3-4 days after the training session.

THis is extremely generalized and depends on a person by person case but it is true facts based on this study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8563679.

Now with this knowledge, we want MPS to be elevated as much as possible as much of the time. So ideally we want to hit every muscle every 3-4 days.

What does this mean? Train everything twice a week on a rotating schedule. I don't give a shit how you want to organize those training days.

Just make sure if you hit chest and delts on MOnday, you'll be doing it again by Thursday for maximum gains.

Now obviously peoples goals differ and for some people it is just not feasible to addequitly hit each individual muscle twice a week. This is where the compounds come into play.

The basis of any program should include, bench, squat, deadlift, and OHP. These are all foundational movements that are the best bang for your buck.

Throw in rows and pull-ups and you have an extremely solid basis for ANY PROGRAM.

So whatever the fuck your question was at this point in my post, just go to the gym any 5 days out of the week. Think about the days coming up and what you'll have time to do. Hit the appropriate muscle group accordingly.

I personally prefer a push pull legs type scenario where i will train deadlifts every third leg day because i need the most recovery time after those sessions.
Post 2 IP   flag post
So basically it dosent matter so much. Is it enough for someone who looking to get bigger to just keep getting stronger and hit enough volume or is it needed with periodization at a point? Thinking most towards bodybuilding
Post 3 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
Check out PHAT. Do that for 2 months and let me know if the volume is right for you.

Base your future training off that program and you should be fine.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@SOLARSUPLEX i will, im doing phat right now! 5 weeks into it already and the volume is perfect for me right now.
Post 5 IP   flag post
One more question, what about periodization, when is it needed and are it needed for bodybuilders?
Post 6 IP   flag post
340733 6 6
destitute