Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CardioCuttingDiet AdviceMacrosTraining Programs

Is this a safe weight cut???18792

Nick331999 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi I am a wrestler and cutting weight for an upcoming tournament. I decided to do a practice weigh in and see if i could make the weight class below me. I came here to get some input from you guys and see if what im doing is healthy

I am 5'5 57kg and 9%bf

So normally i walk around between 56-58 kilos. The weight class im going for is 48 kg. So i started off at around 57, i did a low carb diet to naturally bring my weight down to around 54.5 kilos. Then i atarted my water loading and extreme 7 day diet. It's the last dya of that 7 day diet and im currently 52.

So im 52 kilos, havent done any sauna or bath yet so i know i can still lose more but the problem is that i havent drank anything for the past 20 hours so i am already quite dehydrated.

Do you guys think it would be stupId or okay to lose that last 4kg? If so what are some tips? I know that this isn't healthy for the average person but i am a competitive wrestler and cutting this weight for a very important national tournament so im willing to do whatever it takes

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks so much
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Another nearly 9 pounds? No. If you have to cut that much, it's time to move up a weight class. Aside from affecting performance, it's dangerous to dehydrate that much.

I competed in weight class specific sports and when I struggled that much to stay at one class, I knew it was time to move up, even though I had won national titles at the lower weight class. Why would you not want to compete against real competition instead of sandbagging and staying in a class you've outgrown? -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
Kansas___Boyyyyy private msg quote post Address this user
I'll give you some second hand advice. My cousins both Texas state champions in high school wrestled in the 103 class for fucking ever. They were god damn skeletons. They did good but never really won because they didn't belong there. Then a good high school coach got a hold of them and they wrestled in the 142 and i believe its 135? They both became state champions that year simply because they weren't fucking depleted all the time. They were actually strong. Obviously skill is involved in wrestling but the fact that simply being able to eat and have energy is all it took to change their outcomes.
Post 3 IP   flag post
340738 3 3
destitute