Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
ArmsBulkingChestDeadliftTraining Programs

One day of strength training while bodybuil?18651

Spencer1104 private msg quote post Address this user
I have started back at the gym Tuesday - Friday and on Sunday and trying to gain a lot of size (as healthy as I can) but I don't really like a lot of the way body builders look I don't like the ripped 6 pack look I just want big with a fairly hard stomach my biggest focus is shoulder chest and back! I'm not skipping leg day before any body panics lol just wanna know if it will do me any good to do a strength day on Sunday sense I have Saturday and Monday as rest days
Post 1 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
What do you mean by strength day?

Take a look at the two threads at the top of our forum. Give them a read and let me know if you have any questions about nutrition or programming.

I won't give any specific advice until you prove to me you have read those threads.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah give those two threads a look first before you start anything. It'll help you get alot of structure in your routine and prevent you from going in the gym and just doing whatever you feel like.

But one thing is for sure. You don't understand how hard it is to look like bodybuilders do today being big and with a ripped 6 pack look.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsn3004
Yeah give those two threads a look first before you start anything. It'll help you get alot of structure in your routine and prevent you from going in the gym and just doing whatever you feel like.

But one thing is for sure. You don't understand how hard it is to look like bodybuilders do today being big and with a ripped 6 pack look.

I could care less about having a six pack or Being the size of bodybuilders today I just want muscle to be shown through my shirt and maybe where large to XL shirts I don't mind a little belly I don't like running and I hate my abs being sore and not a fan of the way it looks honestly
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLARSUPLEX

Take a look at the two threads at the top of our forum. Give them a read and let me know if you have any questions about nutrition or programming.

I won't give any specific advice until you prove to me you have read those threads.

I reading the threads next by strength day I mean a day where I do strength training workouts then rest and the rest of the days keep to strict bodybuilding type routine.. I wanna be big and all but... but I wanna have solid dense muscles and a decent size not a freak looking monster like most bodybuilders are today
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:

I read it I do plan trying to hit every muscle groups twice a week do heavy weight and keeping my diet clean as a can. I hear it back and forth you can slightly mix types of workout routines but you have one major then I hear you can only choose one.. just trying get a specific answer without having to spend a long time with trial and error or researching like crazy and by researching all I get it he says this but that guy said that
Post 6 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Your body reacts to the stimuli it is presented with.

It doesn't say oh. I'm gonna focus on storing glycogen and get this muscles big and plump.

It simply reacts. I would suggest running like 5/3/1 and adding volume to areas you want to see improvement etc instead of simply creating your own program.
Post 7 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Also. Most of the big bodybuilders your referring to are on steroids. You shouldn't fear of getting too big. Cause it's not going to happen
Post 8 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
If it was easy to get big i would be fucking massive. It aint gonna happen bro. Eat a ton. Lift heavy. Enjoy yourself.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:

This is my last question...

I understand mixing to whole different routines is not the way to go... I know with strength training I will gain a little size but obviously not much that being said could I spend a period of time strictly doing 5-3-1 strength training and after I've reached a decent point switch up to a bodybuilding type routine to try to gain more size? That way I'm not mixing at the same time just changing routines after a period of time to add different results is this possible

Like I said I'm not looking for any unrealistic size I understand it takes time and hard work but I do want a reasonable amount of size
Post 10 IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
You gaining size depends on whether you are or are not in a caloric surplus. Just because you're doing a "bodybuilding type routine" doesn't mean you'll gain more size.

You should run 5/3/1 Boring But Big. Eat in a slight caloric surplus, just like the FAQ stated (assuming you read it). You also get to put in your bodybuilding movements like barbell/dumbbell curls, tricep pushdowns, and facepulls.
Post 11 IP   flag post
340620 11 11
destitute